Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Removing fort: The worst change even made in Utopia

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    But you can't just mess with gains in light of people coming EoW stronger.

The point of the increased meter throttling and surrender mechanic were to reduce bullying.

When people get 'stuck' without a war for a while, they can end up in a pretty sucky situation if they aren't in a position to bully.
    yea but lower military losses higher gains (i.e. no gbp on land..just military) wouldnt feel like bullyingbecause someone hits me my 3rd/4th hit i take has say 5% military losses. let land transfer and boom im pumped for a smaller land kd no?

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    yea but lower military losses higher gains (i.e. no gbp on land..just military) wouldnt feel like bullyingbecause someone hits me my 3rd/4th hit i take has say 5% military losses. let land transfer and boom im pumped for a smaller land kd no?
    I don't think telling KDs that get stuck without a war for whatever reason that they should just get land dropped, where they are then more pumped than the people they get land dropped into range of is good mechanics.

Owners/Devs do not care about the Ghettos. We wd after 9 day war as our King quit due to work problems. We got a Dragon last day, so had to kill it.
    Most our guys were 38% drafted after that.
    You got rid of Fort so get rid of Dragons, or, kill them as cf starts. or Give both KD enough peasants/soldiers for 50% drafted.
    Most of us still has 3K soldiers to train after 3 days. We wont have to care long as bottom feeders abound.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    The risk in buffing EoW is the acceleration that EOW gives if your war is leapfrogging you out ahead.

If you get a farmwar OOP, and EoW gets any stronger, that's pretty bad for balance.

If you get a decent mid-late age victory, with the new escalating ww bonuses, it's a really fine line to balance.

This is also relevant with really not being able to grow much OOW as it is, and just how badly a smaller KD that doesn't auto-surrender can **** over a top KD that bothers to try and grow OOW.
    Easy fix there is to not give the strong eow benefits during the first two age.

Even with a farm war, you can't really counter homes overpump from a kd that's sitting waiting for you, that's pretty insurmountable, the kd vulturing really needs to be terrible to not win.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Easy fix there is to not give the strong eow benefits during the first two age.

Even with a farm war, you can't really counter homes overpump from a kd that's sitting waiting for you, that's pretty insurmountable, the kd vulturing really needs to be terrible to not win.
    Are you playing this age?

I think the current meter, death of cows, with the dramatically easier ops/spells, and dramatically higher elite kills on ops/ms really changed that.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by kendy View Post
    Owners/Devs do not care about the Ghettos. We wd after 9 day war as our King quit due to work problems. We got a Dragon last day, so had to kill it.
    You got rid of Fort so get rid of Dragons, or, kill them as cf starts. or Give both KD enough peasants/soldiers for 50% drafted.
    Most of us still has 3K soldiers to train after 3 days. We wont have to care long as bottom feeders abound.
    This post is basically complaining that the Devs don't cater the game towards people unwilling to learn how to play it. Everything you said just screams of bad province management.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by kendy View Post
    Being left 38% Drafted at the end of a war would be pretty high up top :p

The current EOW really should let you get into 'ghetto drafted' shape by EOW

Thread Information