Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Removing fort: The worst change even made in Utopia

Post Demon
    It seems to me most of the usual top kingdoms are just chilling and not really trying to feed on anyones acres because of the thing that gave Sleepy a head start, there are an unusual number of kingdoms in t20 as far as I can see that would not be there if better people was trying.

Just had to enter prosperous for the second time because we gained a boatload of acres again almost exclusively from retals and draft can't keep up, it seems to me that we had less action into our kingdom when in prosperous because the scrubs atleast learned that they don't get elite conversion for nothing, was hit 3 times today, two yesterday and 5 times the day before and quite sure I came up ahead. Most of the kingdoms doing the farming or attemping to do so surely is lesser kingdoms.

Enthusiast
    Getting rid of Fort wasn't a bad change, but having undead conversion and no fort was a bad change. I am a faery mystic this age and anything but war stance is just annoying. Basically as a faery you just sit around and wait to be hit by a undead. Then you have to save mana to cast NB. Hitting the undead back is pointless besides ambushs they don't care about land. They are just trying to convert elites. So yeah fun game......

Post Demon
    Which is why you hit their dark elfs or bocans as retaliation with your own attackers.

We retaliate on non attackers or non undeads whenever possible, no free landdrop unless they really only hit once, in that case we might grab the exchange insted as compensation.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    Which is why you hit their dark elfs or bocans as retaliation with your own attackers.

We retaliate on non attackers or non undeads whenever possible, no free landdrop unless they really only hit once, in that case we might grab the exchange insted as compensation.
    I am not running a kingdom this age, so the kingdom I am in did not run a pure undead core. So retaling the constant hits on our faeries is nearly impossible due to waste of troops and getting fat. Its a bad game mechanic and even the devs saw it and slapped the 1/5 conversions on prosperous. Just like few ages back you could convert massive off specs to elites by hitting way out of net. Which insured you would never be retaled. Hit for 5 acres and get 3k elites, sweet deal. It's a easy fix though either bring back fort or remove undead conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by kendy View Post
    You bet now the TOPS can bottom feed for ares 24/7 and war less with each other.
    That's all removal of FORT is for.
    I mean it stops stalling and encourages hitting on all sides. Too much gains protection isnt helpful

Needs to get out more
    I'd be for buying undead elites, or something along those lines. I'm sure I'd still make a good living doing pure retal as undead, but it's one reason I don't run one. The other is I try not to take the easy rout for myself. It's nothing to do with my admiration/criticizing solid kingdom build, I play for different reasons.

To my mind I could see an undead elite earned through sacrifice. I'm a fan of the conversion system since it's roleplaying correct. Still, a provincial ritual could be concocted to enhance conversions(gold, runes, peasants etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    The part about hybrid gains making deep chaining impossible is untrue. Maybe it was an issue last age with op dorfs and turtles but now that attackers are back in the fold I see plenty of wars with some screwed up provs. Just because you can't coordinate a chain doesn't mean it's a problem.

The new fortified definitely changes the dynamics a lot. This age it's tough to tell how it's actually affecting gameplay since sleepy is so far ahead they can afford to downfeed for ****ty gains all age. They'd be able to do this with old fortified as well.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    I am not running a kingdom this age, so the kingdom I am in did not run a pure undead core. So retaling the constant hits on our faeries is nearly impossible due to waste of troops and getting fat. Its a bad game mechanic and even the devs saw it and slapped the 1/5 conversions on prosperous. Just like few ages back you could convert massive off specs to elites by hitting way out of net. Which insured you would never be retaled. Hit for 5 acres and get 3k elites, sweet deal. It's a easy fix though either bring back fort or remove undead conversion.
    try running a 25 man kd. my kd came out of our first war on 30-40% draft on t/m's and we ate a total of 3 hits in the first 48 hours, none into the t/m's. Kd's get fed on when they have a bad setup or show ZERO threat....just being 25 scares kds away.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    try running a 25 man kd. my kd came out of our first war on 30-40% draft on t/m's and we ate a total of 3 hits in the first 48 hours, none into the t/m's. Kd's get fed on when they have a bad setup or show ZERO threat....just being 25 scares kds away.
    Ignore him. Nothing in his complaint holds any weight, let alone as it pertains to the removal of Fort.

Fort is not there to give T/Ms automatic 50% gains protection against randoms. If you want to play (or your KD wants to run) provinces with 0 (zero) offence, expect those provinces to be hit OOW, whether Fort exists or not. You can't cry that Undeads are hitting you and that devs ruined the age by removing Fort and allowing Undeads to have (comparatively insane) high offence - because every age for years now Faeries have had pretty low def compared to attackers (at least one race per age).

There is no connection between Undeads, conversions, and lack of Fort that is contributing to him being hit OOW. Lack of Fort encourages more hits but had 90% of the server run Orcs he'd still be getting hit (and his 1st and 2ns posts contradict each other regarding conversions - in the first he makes it seems as though conversions are unaffected and result in more hits, in the 2nd theyre nerfed but he still gets hit so whats he crying about?).

And it isn't like his KD can't retal on 22 provs, or that they don't have undeads that can make hits for relatively minimal losses. As with all his posts since his debut, he's crying from a position of idiocy and what i can only assume to be forced ignorance.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    Ignore him. Nothing in his complaint holds any weight, let alone as it pertains to the removal of Fort.

Fort is not there to give T/Ms automatic 50% gains protection against randoms. If you want to play (or your KD wants to run) provinces with 0 (zero) offence, expect those provinces to be hit OOW, whether Fort exists or not. You can't cry that Undeads are hitting you and that devs ruined the age by removing Fort and allowing Undeads to have (comparatively insane) high offence - because every age for years now Faeries have had pretty low def compared to attackers (at least one race per age).

There is no connection between Undeads, conversions, and lack of Fort that is contributing to him being hit OOW. Lack of Fort encourages more hits but had 90% of the server run Orcs he'd still be getting hit (and his 1st and 2ns posts contradict each other regarding conversions - in the first he makes it seems as though conversions are unaffected and result in more hits, in the 2nd theyre nerfed but he still gets hit so whats he crying about?).

And it isn't like his KD can't retal on 22 provs, or that they don't have undeads that can make hits for relatively minimal losses. As with all his posts since his debut, he's crying from a position of idiocy and what i can only assume to be forced ignorance.
    Again it's not the removal of fort ruining the game. It's unbalanced changes with no thoughts of consequences. Such as removing Fort, making undead overpowered, forcing ghettos to continuously attack hitting tms to convert, player base that doesn't care about land making retals worthless. I prefer fort on a personal level so I can get drunk, take my family out to do stuff without worry. But my point is right now 1/3 of the players are undead hitting only to convert elites. No way to be unbreakable or stance to hide in. Anyways the kingdom I am in is doing just fine, I just hate the changes haha.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    I run 25 man kingdoms but this age I am just a peon hanging out noticing bad game mechanics. So I am commenting on them so hopefully next age it will be fixed.

Needs to get out more
    You don't have to be nice to steel, he's adapted to punishing remarks.
    I respect that you are though.

But on topic, most of my pet peeves are "in kingdom" so mechanics don't phase me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    You don't have to be nice to steel, he's adapted to punishing remarks.
    I respect that you are though.

But on topic, most of my pet peeves are "in kingdom" so mechanics don't phase me.
    I like steel he is honest and brutal. I respect that and understand everyone has a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    I like steel he is honest and brutal. I respect that and understand everyone has a different opinion.
    Lol you two should get a room ;-)
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Forum Addict
    How about everyone stop trying so hard to play unbreakable T/M style provinces anymore and start attacking like the rest of the game?

Outside of war, T/M players do not contribute to website activity levels. By and large they're lazy loggers OOW. The devs want to change that. This was a step in the right direction and let's face it, even if not optimal, *every* race can be a hybrid attacker.

...well maybe except bacons... man those poor bastards are awful.

Thread Information