Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rogues, have you had this trouble?

Veteran

rogues, have you had this trouble?

Failing 7 or 8 times against a cleric with less then .5 TPA, pretty equally sized, in war, no barrier spell, less then 8% WT's while I have 15% TG's Just trying to get his runes? This isn't Isolated. I've had the problem repeatedly this age with failed ops in spite of 4.5 TPA. Anyone else?
    Long live Mehul!

Post Fiend
    I am playing as a bocan rogue, getting a hell of alot of fails....especially on attackers with less than 1 tpa....i think the mechanics are askewed...i have less than 50% success rate....getting frustrating
    Just my final two cents. =) "Stay inside the box too long and one becomes blind to the lines that confine them" - Some uknown(to me) wise(and prolly poor) Man once said(and that's typed.)

i haven't noticed too much issue, really. Just reaching ~5 ish tpa now with Lord and about 12% science bonus... I keep invis up when im opping, and TDs in when i can... around 7.5-8 mtpa probably. youd have to check your enemies science i guess to know for sure. WTs + CS can cause a good amount of fail i imagine.

I am faery, although the Bocan nerf is only supposed to be to dmg, not success.

Veteran
    I usually play Mystic TM, but chose Rogue TM this time. Chose Faery. I've had better NS and Rune stealing runs when playing Mystic with lower TPA. It's not just VS a single prop either, multiple provs, and were on our second war.
    Long live Mehul!

Enthusiast
    Your over sending.......

Post Fiend
    Thievery Operations Attempted 401
    Successful Thievery Operations 333

I dunno I'm finding no issue....

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    Your over sending.......
    You're under educated...

Regular
    Your over sending.......
    Ftw

Postaholic
    Remember that any province could have CS now with paladins, especially in war. CS + 8% WT is ~30% auto fail even if the target has zero thieves and you have 30 mtpa

Regular
    Been playing faery rogue this age, usually play halfling rogue. Have not had any problems with success rates, fine against all targets with lower mtpa than me (then again havent run into anyone with higher mtpa than me). 80% success rate thus far in the age. But then again, if we know the target has WTs and CS, we MV that first and have our bocan burn wts :p

Forum Fanatic
    Thievery Operations Attempted 247
    Successful Thievery Operations 215

No issues im seeing

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Quote Originally Posted by CheckerBob View Post
    You're under educated...
    Hows that??
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

first age playing rogue here. im having good success vs attackers...
    questions:
    1.is there any set amount of thieves you're supposed to send per op?
    2. Does the amount differ depending on what op you're doing?
    3. Im playing Bocan/Rogue and ive noticed very random number of thieves dying in failed ops. is it supposed to be random or is the die off in failed thief attack a set number? (dependent on how many you sent)

Here there is a lot of info, including a table showing Gains/Thief: http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...every_Formulas

I am not very experienced as a Thief, so I can't speak to the accuracy. It should give you a good idea, though. It doesn't cover every operation, either.

For me, (if) I am too lazy to get the intel (survey, Inf, spy on sci, spy on throne) and determine my relative TPA, I just start off sending the 10% you start at. If success, lets try 20%, and continue until the gains stop increasing. As you take more and gains drop, you can reduce # of thieves sent as well.

There is definitely some variation in losses. Recently in War I was sending 3800 thief and losing anywhere from 35-75 thieves when I failed, I had TD as well, but that shouldn't affect the variation. In my experience the more you send the more you can lose, I don't know what the % range is, or if it is different on an Op by Op basis.

Some Ops, like Incite Riots or Propaganda, I believe that in order to get the max effect you need to send all your Thieves. Your max 'gains' (duration or amount stolen/killed/converted) are dependent on your NW relative to your target's as well.

I think, generally speaking, Prop is much more sensitive to NW disparity, but generally the more thieves you can send, the more units you can convert. Unlike NS which can work better across NW gaps, but you will eventually run into a point where more thieves sent will not get you more gains.

Happy to be corrected on any of these points, as I said I am not terribly experienced as a Thief.

Veteran
    Your over sending.......
    I DON'T Remember mentioning # of thieves sent. Just that doing the same thing that I was doing as a mystic with less success
    Long live Mehul!

Thread Information