Thread: Scientists effect over the cap

Post Demon

Scientists effect over the cap

One of my kingdom fellors posted the question and I noticed my 31st scientist in alchemy gets me 0,8% effect, the thing is this is only a novice and will likely get me the dubble as a professor, or atleast more than the 1% from the first 30. I got 30 professors and the total effect is 30,8%.

Have anyone else gone over the max? what is the point if the first few over max gives me a better effect, even if that drops below 1% eventually, I was expecting maybe 0,8% for a professor not a novice.

I think that a limitless scientist allocation is good but,

gains per scientist should hit a soft cap then taper off exponentially (give lesser and lesser bonuses).

Say alchemy:
    the first 20 could give +1%,
    the next 10 give +.9%,
    the next 8 give +.8%
    the next 5 give +.7%
    scientists beyond the 43rd give +.6% each

If this isn't done, everyone will have the same allocations (maxing ABC then maxing XYZ).
    Very uninteresting.

I had 64 in military at some point, and I can confirm sci is soft capped and trails off hard.

I am curious, though, for example with Channeling. The cap for it before was 125%, but if you do the math 32 Professors in Channeling gives 128% bonus, will that be the case now, or are the caps based on the old 'effects' as opposed to # scientists?

Post Demon
    not sure if 3 over would give the same, it semed not to be the case so reassigned the last one, but 32 professors in alchemy gives +32% income, have not tested in other categories but I would expect it to mostly follow the same patterns

Post Fiend
    I've really only checked with military sci. It's linear to 38 scientists (for me that's +16.9% ME). After that they start to trail off. For the linear portion that's +0.445% ME per scientist (16.9%/38 scientists). After 38, I'm getting +0.4% (39th), +0.3% (40th), +0.2% (41st), +0.3% (42nd), +0.2% (43rd), +0.2% (44th).

I was going to try and plot this and come up with an equation, but I haven't had time yet. It doesn't seem to follow with alchemy, where the next scientist or two over the cap are (apparently) more efficient than the linear portion. I'd be interested to see what the other areas look like. I was going to try housing next.

Also (@rattlehead), I calculate a higher percentage at 38 scientists in military sci in the linear portion than the old cap. This was also the case in practice.

Thread Information