Thread: When does a province not draft soldiers

When does a province not draft soldiers

I am curious which circumstances makes a province not draft soldiers anymore.
    I can understand that once a military rate is above a certain % (90-100) you can't draft soldiers.
    But when you are at 50% or less military rate, what reasons can there be, that you are not drafting soldiers anymore?
    And having set your draftrate at anything apart from none of course.
    The paladin spell Barrier of Integrity is another reason, if it is being cast on you.
    But what other reasons can there be?
    Is being in underpop a reason

Assuming your draft target is above the current draft level... INCOME.

If you don't have the GC to afford the number of soldiers your current settings want to draft... BUZZZZZZ No soldiers for you. One of the reasons to love Orc.

--

I guess also if you just have so few peasants that no draft rate can = 1 soldier ...

Emerg is 1.5%, which = 0.015 * 1.3 [Pat] * 1.4 [Prosperous] = 0.0273 maximum draft rate [unless I've forgotten something?] ... So, 1 / 0.0273 = 36.63 ~ 37 peasants is the last stop for drafting.

... Another quirk I have noticed is that when you are overpopulated, your draft TARGET is based on your MAX population, not the current. So you can technically be locked out of drafting that way as well, if you are so massively overpopulated that your military becomes greater than 99% of your new max population. (If you simply have set something like 75% as a target and your military population rises to 76% of your new max pop, this will shut your draft down as well.)
    Last edited by RattleHead; 05-09-2017 at 04:24.

Well I am orc also, so that is not the problem. I have not been drafting any soldiers while not being in overpop. I have been in underpop for quite a while.
    And my peasants have been at 2000+ for 28 hours now.

Post Fiend
    What is your draft rate set at and what current percentage of your population is military?

My draftrate was set at 80%, 70% and 66% to try and get drafting started. I have been at 48% non peasants roles and lower when gaining acres. In all cases I didn't draft soldiers at war.
    The moment war ended, the first tick in Ceasefire drafting was working again. So that was strange also.

Post Fiend
    I see you posted this as a bug, which seems appropriate. At least I am not aware of why you wouldn't have been drafting based on what you've said. Hopefully the admins can help, though perhaps it fixed itself

Veteran
    Did someone cast barrier of integrity on you?
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Thread Information