Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Affairs of the State - Episode 4 - Discussion Topics

Quote Originally Posted by Lewpac View Post
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/174986732

not sure if they're posting a youtube link or not.

On a side note, I do like you started the episode with the old music. Oh the nostalgia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
    It's the first time I watch this discussion. Pretty good and concise. Well done guys, keep it up!

Though the time is quite inconvenient for Asians I believe. It was 3 am at my place, just happened to have insomnia so I watched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    missed the live, came in at what semed like close to the end, so I decided to watch it when I got more time on youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Can we watch the episode somewhere now that its done?
    I have been less on-the-ball with VODs this weekend because I had visitors from out of town. The video should have been on YouTube within 24h so people in other timezones can watch at their leisure. I will ensure it goes up today. :)

Quote Originally Posted by bdbcoyote View Post
    This was my favorite episode yet as well. Very well done and thanks for answering all the questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    This was their best one yet I think. Didn't drag on, questions were answered and conversation was productive.
    A+
    Thanks for this feedback! At times during Ep. 04 I was wondering if we were going too fast - it seemed like my list of topics was getting swallowed up very quickly within the first 40 minutes! It's good to know that actually this is a decent pace to aim for.

Quote Originally Posted by cnt View Post
    Where's that Dryad on a horse link?
    Someone asking the important questions, finally!

https://imgur.com/a/Vkmcx

YouTube link going up later today.
    RUTHLESS // Randomers // BiO // Pulse // Pyro // BeastBlood // BlameMod

#Giraffes #PayKuhan

Playing Since Age 18
    Resident esports gob
    Ooooh I didn't even know I had crowns, are they edible?

Postaholic
    Now we just need Swaggers commentary and summary.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Affairs of the State: Episode 4 YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIM8...3gBitEkaKWs24Y

#Giraffes #PayKuhan

Playing Since Age 18
    Resident esports gob

Post Demon
    now we have to get the changes to banner size, how else to use that picture as a banner, resize makes it look weird.

Post Fiend
    Nobody is being rude and the criticism has been largely constructive in this thread. This is so appreciated that I had to mention it.

Great job helping the devs make Utopia better!

Administrator
    Still waiting on Swagger's summary!

This Episode was quite fun, looking forward to the next! Working with JoRo is great! Very talented host!
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Regular
    Yes, you guys seem to be gelling well. I have to admit that the first three episodes were quite awkward at times but now you guys seem to have a nice groove. It really was quite enjoyable to watch and I look forward to watching the next one live again!

Postaholic
    Sorry been bogged down in a week long war. It takes a lot of effort convincing other people to war run for me!

Besides my commentary isn't as fun without bishop

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    Sorry been bogged down in a week long war. It takes a lot of effort convincing other people to war run for me!

Besides my commentary isn't as fun without bishop
    Bishop is currently trekking the Himalayas, searching for the hallowed Temple of Consumer Microphones. We hope to hear him clear as day, enlightened from a mountaintop during our next broadcast.

#Giraffes #PayKuhan

Playing Since Age 18
    Resident esports gob

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by JoRoSaR View Post
    Bishop is currently trekking the Himalayas, searching for the hallowed Temple of Consumer Microphones. We hope to hear him clear as day, enlightened from a mountaintop during our next broadcast.
    When he finds The Great Oracle: go home young grasshopper and yell into the microphone you have.

On Topic Edit: Good show thus far. I'm at the MHP category right now.

Thoughts ~ it's why sage exists. I'm an RPG guy, but opinions regarding sage I've seen have been low opinions. My belief is different. Many players think offensively and thus underestimate defensive nuances that have cause and effect consequences. Is why I'm a big fat undead sage advocate. It's an out of war enforcer and meter efficient.

Ok, back to the show...

This doesn't mean(and I say that a lot) that I think we need sage core. It's that there is balance in the game and getting out of eowcf might stink for some but not for others. Sage looks boring until it counts is all I'm saying, and enemies do look funny after the rain of amnesia.

Now, as for elimination of stances it takes an understanding of bottom play(yeah, baby) that most ghetto kingdoms aren't privy. While philosophically I disagree with JoRoSaR, I completely understand his concerns regarding rituals. In other words he's being frankly pragmatic.

This is where the education of the player base becomes critical, both high and low. If you've been down here there are fundamental problems. They are the base and shouldn't be frowned upon like we might do in RL. We want their bulk. But why?

Because just as in college football you have two factors in recruiting quality: quality regions and huge regions. For instance, here in Ohio we have a high concentration of quality and Florida is even better. Texas is a massive state with great players and football culture but lots of space for bad players in between.

For the same reason 2 servers made sense, you benefit from a patty cake treatment of softer players. While I'm all for the hard game I'm an old hardened bastard at heart. Many players are young, unfamiliar with social graces and ill equipped for critical engagement: pros vs college.

So Utopia needs a baby pool so new players can either stay or develop their skills to move to higher challenges. Brainstorming, I thought of this. Easy mode.

~ Fort Stance Becomes Beginner Kingdom Mode ~

1) Beginning of age, monarch decides if his kingdom is easy mode. Easy mode is eternal fort until war.

2) This might be developmentally tricky; fort to fort(easy mode vs easy mode) grants usual benefits. If an easy mode kingdom hits into a hard mode kingdom the fort disappears for whatever that cool off period is.

3) Troll jettison button. Easy mode kingdoms can force random move on any player hitting into hard mode. Because I know who you are.

Those are just thoughts without deep forethought. I'm sure there's always a saddest multi awaiting a chance to rain sorrow on the rest of us. Still, there you are.

Additional Edit:

Another idea was to make this "easy" mode, fort, only accessible to kingdoms with their wall down. Thus they could enjoy easy mode but take on random players, or use the wall and lose easy mode.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 24-09-2017 at 19:19.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information