Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the State - Episode 4 - Discussion Topics

Administrator

Affairs of the State - Episode 4 - Discussion Topics

Episode 4 is coming! Please use this thread to post discussion topics or questions you would like to hear us answer/talk about!

Episode 4 details can be found here
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

I would really like to revisit and discuss the issues surrounding "pump" stances like prosperous and fortified and the trade-off of eliminating these stances vs extending EoWCF back to 4 days.

My recollection is the shorted end of war period was because of the stacking with fortified (which was 4 days then too?) meant that kingdoms were basically never in a protected state at one point. I think that is not what is happening now, but there are new problems with kingdoms that know how to pump, verses kingdoms that don't that now involve a lot of "victimization." which could be avoided perhaps with re-extending end of war and eliminating pumps.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Postaholic
    Get rid of prosperous, add reduced build/train time into eowcf, allow razing with build credits in eowcf, keep eowcf at three days. Also allow us to raze buildings under construction (in general, not just in eowcf) . The first 24 hours of eowcf is waiting for war buildings you don't want coming in just to get razed and waiting for money to raze the buildings you don't want (war buildings). Instead of extending eowcf, add tools to speed up recovery within it.

Post Demon
    I would like to hear the reasoning behind nerfing universities, almost seems as if GS could substitute better with the layout of this, and we never got an oppotunity to discuss as it was not indicated anywhere in proposed changes.

Also I would like to hear if you think the rituals are where you want them to be now or if they still might require tweaking.

Postaholic
    Please discuss if there are any plans to modernize/streamline the UI of the game. If yes, what are your thoughts on what needs improving and would you be willing/able to hire a front end developer (I love ya Munk but UI isn't your strong point)? If no, why not.

Also will we ever get a new forum, this one's uggo

Is GBP broken? I have noticed if I double tap someone the gains reduce significantly, but if I get hit by 3 or 4 different provinces in a 4 hours period (same month) they are all about the same amount of losses. Just curious if you have adjusted it or not or plan to fix it in the future.

Also, abducts seem a bit overpowered early in the age. Losing 3 per hit and having whole kingdoms wave for them, and once again no GBP means you go back to yr0 in a matter of hours when it takes weeks to retrain. Just attacks in general seem a bit buggy in the gains department. Curious if this was the intent with the new formula or just a unforeseen consequence of that decision.

Any feedback would be great and look forward to the next show :D
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -George S. Patton

Perhaps a splitting of the new "fort" into two stances - one defensive (no eco), the other purely economic (with maybe an increase in WPA spawn?). This might give kds some solid options to think about re defensive and "pump" stances.
    "Because of the implication"

i would totally be open for removal of stances all together. Rituals have eclipsed stances in importance to the kingdom, not only because it adds to the communal aspect towards the kingdom but also to the mechanical strengths.

Having monarchs flip stances at certain times of the day and their endless fight to ensure they get the desired duration of stances at the exact time they need it the most (i.e. stance locked if not flipped before the timer ends) is really annoying when you consider the main priorities of someone in charge of a KD (planning, organizing, team building).

If you were to remove stances...the best thing to do is to extend EoWCF by a day split up Prosp/Fort mechanics between EoWCF and/or the Rituals (Maybe Affluent?)
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    i would totally be open for removal of stances all together. Rituals have eclipsed stances in importance to the kingdom, not only because it adds to the communal aspect towards the kingdom but also to the mechanical strengths.

Having monarchs flip stances at certain times of the day and their endless fight to ensure they get the desired duration of stances at the exact time they need it the most (i.e. stance locked if not flipped before the timer ends) is really annoying when you consider the main priorities of someone in charge of a KD (planning, organizing, team building).

If you were to remove stances...the best thing to do is to extend EoWCF by a day split up Prosp/Fort mechanics between EoWCF and/or the Rituals (Maybe Affluent?)
    Seconded.

EDIT: I really like the idea of the kingdom having to work together for kd wide bonusses. Dragons fit that, fighting dragons fit that, rituals fit that, stances do not. Does mean players need to be able to exit eowcf somewhat pumped and ready for the next fight.
    Last edited by Uhm hoi; 08-09-2017 at 13:31.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Veteran
    I would like to know how the devs will make sure changes are implemented in time for future ages. There was quite a delay with some changes this age, while players do pick race/persona's and (kingdom)strategies based on the changes posted.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhm hoi View Post
    I would like to know how the devs will make sure changes are implemented in time for future ages. There was quite a delay with some changes this age, while players do pick race/persona's and (kingdom)strategies based on the changes posted.
    I agree with this, and actually I would suggest that the previous age keep going longer if needed until the new changes are ready. I like the idea of quicker ages (10 weeks or whatever), but I think it is more important to get all of the stated changes into the beginning of the age. Any comments on this would be appreciated.

Post Fiend
    The current state of the game strongly caters towards aggressors, leaving new players/kingdoms to fend for themselves at a huge disadvantage. The current auto-cf formula also seems to be quite ineffective given a KD can farm to less than 100 points, wait 1 real day and continue to farm them - couple with being out of declaration range. The developers/admin have been constantly indicating that they would like the player base to increase, but given the current state of the game, new players come in - get farmed out - and leave within a few days because there is nothing they can do about it. How are the developers going to address this issue with the game catered towards aggressor KD's, which plays a huge role in the declining player base?

Post Fiend
    i think increasing sitting days is a good idea and support yall decision to do this. On a side note the rate you want this games played is insane one of the reason tops kingdom are top is because of there insane activety. at this pave most kingdom will max out at 9-12 war in a age compare to the 4-5 we are use to. I suggest making this a practice server and kinda just letting it run maybe resetting top 50 every 2-3 months... and making a tournament style server to be held every other 3 months with some prizes. also i want diplomats and free sitting days to be given by king like invitation or something.

Regular
    can we talk about the devs coding ability please? I'm interested to know their backgrounds and also if they want the bo bos of the utopia platform to be fixed quicker. I'm a freelancer, $25/hr or contract. :)

Quote Originally Posted by cnt View Post
    can we talk about the devs coding ability please? I'm interested to know their backgrounds and also if they want the bo bos of the utopia platform to be fixed quicker. I'm a freelancer, $25/hr or contract. :)
    I will ask, but I'm pretty sure munk is absent tonight due to being busy building his Utopia Developer Army.

(also congratulations munk!)
    RUTHLESS // Randomers // BiO // Pulse // Pyro // BeastBlood // BlameMod

#Giraffes #PayKuhan

Playing Since Age 18
    Resident esports gob
    Ooooh I didn't even know I had crowns, are they edible?

Thread Information