Am I playing farmville? I mean no disrespect towards utopia, but I seem to have this feeling quite a lot lately. Why?

Because there are not enough war. Im playing in descent KD with good activity and reasonably well managed provinces. We have good communication and intel sharing. During wars we are organized. So everything is good to go, but we don't have a place to go. KD we wave shy away, even when we give them the declaration option. Sometimes we are attacked, but that never ends with war. Our King goes around and almost begs for wars. Still Nothing. And so I sit in my undead throne and remember the old glorious days of war hero. And make sure that my land is build and income steady. Sometimes I borrow scientists from others. Train some more army for parades, because I have no good enemy to attack. Not really very motivating..

So What to do?
I suggest that the lords of utopia would encourage more wars. Perhaps not by randomly throwing KD's of similar size and NW at each other (but then again with advance warning, why not), but rather by encouraging more aggressive waves. For example.

1. Wave of 10 is automatic declaration - Defend yourself! - War, even in game should not be begging for getting theirs or mine ass kicked (pardon my french).
2. Flash wars. Lets say we pair up 2 similar KD and they have 24 hours to get more war points. Who ever has more at the end - wins.
3. Blood moon. Similar to above, but instead of automatic war the blood moon promises more gains from similar KD and lowers the threshold for declaring

These are just some ideas. I am well aware that there are problems here and some more.. progressive leaders will probably find ways to take advantage of it. But in my humble opinion it is still much preferred to checking in twice a day and making sure my flower fields are blooming and cattle well fed.

Kind regards,
Your average Joe
The UD/WH