Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: War

Regular

War

Just wanted to get some discussion around this from the community. This age I feel like war engagement has decreased drastically. Typically every age our kingdom (KDS) would war at least 5 to 6 times but at moment I'm pulling teeth to arrange wars (both through diplo or waving)

I feel like other KDs might be experiencing this also. I look at top warring kingdoms and most of them are max 2 or 3 wars, spoken to other monarchs and they express the same issues. So curious to know am I just straight out wrong? Or what do people think has caused the lack of warring this age? I would be curious to see from the devs if possible the number of war now vs last age.
    Last edited by Traumatised; 13-09-2017 at 05:31.

for the record there are like much more kds with 1-2 wars in them than 3-4...

by yr3 its definitely a bad sign...i think most KD's leadership fold under pressure to keep morale high than risking to try to war just to lose
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Post Fiend
    and we have a debate soon?

"Is Utopia a Strategy or War game?" :P

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    for the record there are like much more kds with 1-2 wars in them than 3-4...

by yr3 its definitely a bad sign...i think most KD's leadership fold under pressure to keep morale high than risking to try to war just to lose
    Glad I'm not the only one thinking this Don.

Last age I went 3/7, age before that was 3/6 and age before that I went 1/4...had to kiss a lot of ass and smoke a lot of pot to desensitize the facts and explain to my mates that losses vs quality opponents means chances to learn strategy used on us...instead of always lookin for the easy ghetto win.

Some people will see it that way if you can get them to believe in it...and some ppl will straight up call u nub before defecting.
    Last edited by DonJuan; 13-09-2017 at 08:02.
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

managing your KD is also strategy... yea u lost some wars but winning wars will raise morale too....everyone wants to win war... perhaps what u need is a tune up match.....

Enthusiast
    It's year 4 and typical ages are year 10 to 12. So your saying 2 to 3 wars completed at this point is average. That puts you at 6 to 9 wars if you keep up at the same pace. ;)

Post Fiend
    I've noticed it the last few ages as well. About 3-4 ages ago, we were chalking up about 6-8 wars per age. Last couple ages have been closer to 3-4.

However, the quality of the wars has changed as well. We've gone from 6-8 48-96 hour long wars to 1-2 week long wars. By the end of a long war, we let our kingdom take a week off (including EoWCF) to decompress, real life, etc. Then we start looking for a new war (~1 week usually). That adds up to 1 war every 3 weeks..

Enthusiast
    the lack of fort is resulting in many more ghettos than usual trying to land drop to stay small. avoid wars because they can't pump proper. it is having a negative ripple effect throughout the game. which imo will cause more players to leave

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    the lack of fort is resulting in many more ghettos than usual trying to land drop to stay small. avoid wars because they can't pump proper. it is having a negative ripple effect throughout the game. which imo will cause more players to leave
    I do not understand this method of thinking. You still have all the benefits of 'fort' just no gains modification being hit or opped. However you hitting out or opping out is better than what 'fort' used to be. I will actually argue this new prosperous 'fort' is better and more beneficial. All you have to do is be willing to learn different ways of pumping.

Regular
    It is a very interesting age, for sure. I feel that the devs felt the pressure to adjust the honor system, and, imo, they have, but not by adjusting the actual calculations of honor, but by adjusting the elites values. I clap to them on that. The way that they've adjusted the elites value to allow that, in recent ages, tms were ub, they now can be breakable, if not for maybe 1-2 conquests or less, whereas in past years, it would take a lot more coordination. I applaud this. Seriously, awesome work!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by markers View Post
    I do not understand this method of thinking. You still have all the benefits of 'fort' just no gains modification being hit or opped. However you hitting out or opping out is better than what 'fort' used to be. I will actually argue this new prosperous 'fort' is better and more beneficial. All you have to do is be willing to learn different ways of pumping.
    you can argue it all you want. the proof is in game. it's happening if you want to believe it or not....

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Last age I went 3/7, age before that was 3/6 and age before that I went 1/4...had to kiss a lot of ass and smoke a lot of pot to desensitize the facts and explain to my mates that losses vs quality opponents means chances to learn strategy used on us...instead of always lookin for the easy ghetto win.

Some people will see it that way if you can get them to believe in it...and some ppl will straight up call u nub before defecting.
    Agree totally, well said

Enthusiast
    War seems like throwing TMs to the wolves, in a few days OoW our TMs have lost 30-60% of their defense from abducts, they almost never get hit for land. Their nwpa keeps dropping and dropping, impossible to ever pump a single province. Feels the only way to play uto is to go from eowcf into your next war. That or win your first war, be 25 provs, CF and wave down. Prosp is dumb, free undead offense is dumb, plague is dumb, every non-core can get shat on. Of 8 hostiles in 6 days my KD has suffered, only 1 was within 15% nw, and they had a 1/3 military advantage and more provs. Then they wave and massacre TMs because they need an advantage going into war :/

Every single prov is down a massive amount of defense, offense, science, and TPA, and we haven't lost any acres, we just get lower and lower nwpa. People in kingdom don't want to war because they are weak. Enemy kds don't want to war because they are weak, nobody does "fair" waves. You get massacred and razed if you retal a hit from a kd 50% above you, or MS or LL.

Idk about other people, but I actually really like having a strong province, and outside of the top, it's been made mechanically impossible to pump. You can say it's the same for everyone, but that doesn't change the fact that 90% of the server has been shoehorned into this specific game play style. Have had 25% of my kingdom quit, 3/5 of them citing mechanical reasons for not having fun, they other 2 citing they can't keep up with the activity requirements. In my 6 ages of playing and leading, haven't had anything like it. (and another 1/3 the kd will quit if things can't change, they're all sticking around for each other, as soon as one goes the rest will)

In 2 days prosp and 4 days normal, our kingdom has been waved 8 or 9 times to hostile, 3 double hostiles, 300+ hits, 20 massacres, 200 abducts, and not one wave by a warrable kingdom. If you retal randoms they wave, if you don't they keep hitting, if you point out hostile they laugh. You try to CF, you don't get terms, only blanks broken within a week. Tag hostile you see randoms, don't tag hostile you get full waved into an ongoing hostile because they "don't check paper" (4 times in 4 days? It's a 1 stealth op come on!) My ****list is so long I have 1 kingdom to raze into war a week for the rest of age! Might be the only option left.

Rant over, War, war often, eowcf is the only break, and war is actually far more manageable, and far less damaging that being oow.
    Last edited by Bananamancer2000; 14-09-2017 at 01:34.

Enthusiast
    Age should be renamed to the age of increase logins. Because that's all these changes seem to have focused on. You can't honestly say they are good changes when 1/3 of utopia is undead. That means changes are un balanced and flawed. That 1/3 is ruining the game for the other 2/3 by hitting them constantly. Also 95% of utopian kingdoms will never wave up and only wave Down. This creates situations like Bananamancer2000 kingdom where once they start sliding they fall like a rock. Anyways it's just bad game mechanics and I don't see it attracting new players. I mean what's your sales pitch come play utopia where anything but undead is second rate or come play utopia where you will get randomed daily by a undead. I guess that will really bring in more players......

Thread Information