Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: War

Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    War seems like throwing TMs to the wolves, in a few days OoW our TMs have lost 30-60% of their defense from abducts, they almost never get hit for land. Their nwpa keeps dropping and dropping, impossible to ever pump a single province. Feels the only way to play uto is to go from eowcf into your next war. That or win your first war, be 25 provs, CF and wave down. Prosp is dumb, free undead offense is dumb, plague is dumb, every non-core can get shat on. Of 8 hostiles in 6 days my KD has suffered, only 1 was within 15% nw, and they had a 1/3 military advantage and more provs. Then they wave and massacre TMs because they need an advantage going into war :/

Every single prov is down a massive amount of defense, offense, science, and TPA, and we haven't lost any acres, we just get lower and lower nwpa. People in kingdom don't want to war because they are weak. Enemy kds don't want to war because they are weak, nobody does "fair" waves. You get massacred and razed if you retal a hit from a kd 50% above you, or MS or LL.

Idk about other people, but I actually really like having a strong province, and outside of the top, it's been made mechanically impossible to pump. You can say it's the same for everyone, but that doesn't change the fact that 90% of the server has been shoehorned into this specific game play style. Have had 25% of my kingdom quit, 3/5 of them citing mechanical reasons for not having fun, they other 2 citing they can't keep up with the activity requirements. In my 6 ages of playing and leading, haven't had anything like it. (and another 1/3 the kd will quit if things can't change, they're all sticking around for each other, as soon as one goes the rest will)

In 2 days prosp and 4 days normal, our kingdom has been waved 8 or 9 times to hostile, 3 double hostiles, 300+ hits, 20 massacres, 200 abducts, and not one wave by a warrable kingdom. If you retal randoms they wave, if you don't they keep hitting, if you point out hostile they laugh. You try to CF, you don't get terms, only blanks broken within a week. Tag hostile you see randoms, don't tag hostile you get full waved into an ongoing hostile because they "don't check paper" (4 times in 4 days? It's a 1 stealth op come on!) My ****list is so long I have 1 kingdom to raze into war a week for the rest of age! Might be the only option left.

Rant over, War, war often, eowcf is the only break, and war is actually far more manageable, and far less damaging that being oow.

So, in short, having the bigger, stronger province and kingdom is rewarding.

Just like real life.

Why is this a problem?
    -- Freedom Valley - Cartoon Networth - Harsh Cheeses - HaLL of FORCE - The Fantastic Trollfags - Polar Bears - Simians - Pew Pew - RoO - Mango Unchained - RoO

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post

Just like real life.

Why is this a problem?
    Because the mechanic have created a spiral downward 10* stronger than any other age. Land means nothing if it isn't filled, and they made it impossible to fill land. They made it such that growth is more a detriment than ever, unless you start on top.

Onslaught, agressive stance, access to bloodlust through Paladins, and -50% base losses on most the games core... Defenses cost 2-3* as much and die twice as fast.
    Last edited by Bananamancer2000; 14-09-2017 at 04:07. Reason: Not drunk just phone

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovenmitt View Post

Just like real life.

Why is this a problem?
    Is this real life?! Dayuuuuum

Post Fiend
    Might I recommend the book Who Moved My Cheese? to ya'll?

Post Fiend
    I have noticed a serious problem with finding wars. We got turned down by four different kingdoms before one finally warred us. We had to go into a war with a kingdom quite a bit larger than us. We won, but I still understand the sentiment. For a game where war has some very large potential rewards, everyone is awful afraid of it.

And I have decided I don't like the way science is working. Abduct waves are so damaging, so much lost defense with no land loss, and an overall weakened province. If you don't run universities, you are screwed, period..

Oh, and the only thing prosperous has achieved? It makes it easier to pick which kingdoms to target for abducts. -20% gains means even if you aren't running universities, as long as you pick a good target you are guaranteed to profit. We have seen fewer randoms since we went normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Aha View Post
    Is this real life?! Dayuuuuum
    No, this is Utopia.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    War seems like throwing TMs to the wolves, in a few days OoW our TMs have lost 30-60% of their defense from abducts, they almost never get hit for land. Their nwpa keeps dropping and dropping, impossible to ever pump a single province. Feels the only way to play uto is to go from eowcf into your next war. That or win your first war, be 25 provs, CF and wave down. Prosp is dumb, free undead offense is dumb, plague is dumb, every non-core can get shat on. Of 8 hostiles in 6 days my KD has suffered, only 1 was within 15% nw, and they had a 1/3 military advantage and more provs. Then they wave and massacre TMs because they need an advantage going into war :/

Every single prov is down a massive amount of defense, offense, science, and TPA, and we haven't lost any acres, we just get lower and lower nwpa. People in kingdom don't want to war because they are weak. Enemy kds don't want to war because they are weak, nobody does "fair" waves. You get massacred and razed if you retal a hit from a kd 50% above you, or MS or LL.

Idk about other people, but I actually really like having a strong province, and outside of the top, it's been made mechanically impossible to pump. You can say it's the same for everyone, but that doesn't change the fact that 90% of the server has been shoehorned into this specific game play style. Have had 25% of my kingdom quit, 3/5 of them citing mechanical reasons for not having fun, they other 2 citing they can't keep up with the activity requirements. In my 6 ages of playing and leading, haven't had anything like it. (and another 1/3 the kd will quit if things can't change, they're all sticking around for each other, as soon as one goes the rest will)

In 2 days prosp and 4 days normal, our kingdom has been waved 8 or 9 times to hostile, 3 double hostiles, 300+ hits, 20 massacres, 200 abducts, and not one wave by a warrable kingdom. If you retal randoms they wave, if you don't they keep hitting, if you point out hostile they laugh. You try to CF, you don't get terms, only blanks broken within a week. Tag hostile you see randoms, don't tag hostile you get full waved into an ongoing hostile because they "don't check paper" (4 times in 4 days? It's a 1 stealth op come on!) My ****list is so long I have 1 kingdom to raze into war a week for the rest of age! Might be the only option left.

Rant over, War, war often, eowcf is the only break, and war is actually far more manageable, and far less damaging that being oow.
    Sounds like you just run a crap ass kd :-p
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Post Demon
    either grow out of the quagmire or build yourself for it, as orc/cleric running gs universities and hospitals I've found that in general my kills and gains are arround 2-3 times that of my loses, for abducts gains seems to be 3-4 times as much. I do not have room for that many other buildings, but I'm a very unattractive target and bounced back almost without aid in arround 2-3 days when one kingdom decided to spend arround 15 uniques razing my province and at the same time decimated my peasant population.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    Age should be renamed to the age of increase logins. Because that's all these changes seem to have focused on. You can't honestly say they are good changes when 1/3 of utopia is undead. That means changes are un balanced and flawed.
    This happens quite often when UD is a strong pick - lots of people go for UD compared to other races. As long as UD doesn't have a significant nerf, a large portion of the server tend to play UD.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    That 1/3 is ruining the game for the other 2/3 by hitting them constantly
    I don't see anything wrong with 30% of the server doing something EVERY attacker should be doing, namely keeping offense out ?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotun View Post
    This happens quite often when UD is a strong pick - lots of people go for UD compared to other races. As long as UD doesn't have a significant nerf, a large portion of the server tend to play UD.

I don't see anything wrong with 30% of the server doing something EVERY attacker should be doing, namely keeping offense out ?
    Undead is simply overpowered this age. If you don't have twenty undeads, you have no shot of winning.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth4785 View Post
    Undead is simply overpowered this age. If you don't have twenty undeads, you have no shot of winning.
    Guess we did the impossible then, beating an ud kd 20% larger than us while we have none.

Maybe just think about what a setup's weaknesses are and how to tear it apart in the future instead of pointing to everything that isnt your favorit and saying it's overpowered?
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

We only have 12 and 3/4 ww. Maybe we are just super pro.

Post Fiend
    Winning what ?

Neither the WW chart nor the land charts is exactly densely populated with KDs that have 20 UD's ?

Edit: Include quote

Post Fiend
    There's too much of a fixation on being fully pumped before you can war. You only have to be pumped enough to take on your target KD. When I'm helping run a warring KD I start messaging for war as soon as war ends. I start with messaging easier KDs then work my way up. Eventually someone bites. We've gone to war many times with many provs "under pumped", but we we're prepared enough for the next war.

As an aside, undead is not over powered. They're just easier to play. I like them, but this age avian cleric, orc cleric, human sage, etc can manage an undead core.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    We only have 12 and 3/4 ww. Maybe we are just super pro.
    Twenty was just a number. If you don't think they are overpowered you're in denial.

Thread Information