Thread: Tax percentage on aid shipments

Enthusiast

Tax percentage on aid shipments

Searched in forums but couldn't find the answer for my question.

What I want to know is whether ideally tax % should be calculated before the shipment has been sent or after the shipment is sent? Right now we are seeing that tax is calculated after shipment is sent and my understanding of the way tax works is that it should be calculated before the shipment is sent.

For example, I am sending 2000 soldiers to someone with 13% tax (quoting real numbers as they happened in my KD today). If I send 2000 soldiers in 1 go, tax after the shipment is coming to 15% and 300 soldiers are being lost to tax (15% of 2000 soldiers). However, if I'm sending 1000 soldiers, they are getting taxed at 14% (which is what the tax became after the shipment was sent) and 140 soldiers were lost (14% of 1000 soldiers). Then when the next 1000 soldiers were sent, they were getting taxed at 15% and 150 soldiers were lost (15% of 1000 soldiers). This means a sum total of 290 soldiers were lost from sending the soldiers in 2 aid packages as compared to 300 soldiers lost when sending the soldiers in 1 aid package.

Can someone clarify on this point please?

EDIT: Found some answers after using some different search keywords. Still couldn't find why tax is being calculated after shipment instead of before shipment.
    Last edited by Shrinky; 20-09-2017 at 18:16. Reason: Additional Information

Post Fiend
    Afaik --> if tax pre-shipment is 10% and after shipment is 20%, you pay 15% over your shipment.

You lose 100% of your shipment if you send 1 gc/sold/rune/acre/food to prevent abuse.

Regards,

NighT

Regular
    What about 2?

you can't afford to test that yourself?

Regular
    Oh, wow, it works!

Veteran
    If you send 19 food it doesn't create a trade balance because you must send 20 food for a TB of 1. So if you have the perseverance to send 19 food over and over you can keep someone from starving without raising their TB. You'll prolly have to do it 1, 000 times.
    Long live Mehul!

Thread Information