Thread: Explain this math to me?

Forum Addict

Explain this math to me?

If a province has only 88 soldiers at home for defense at 170% DME... has 550 acres land... yet reads over 2000 defense points in SoM 100%... what am I missing?

don't forget you have the land def of 1 per acre so as I understanding you are looking at

88+550=638*1.7= 1084.6 for normal 1 point solds

then you have to look at what spells the guy has and what not since depending on race/persona he could jave Minor Prot, Greater Prot, or Town Watch up as well

with out knowing the entire specs on the target prov that is the best I can do for you with the info given in the Original post.
    Randomination4Lyfe
    Age 67-Current

Forum Addict
    Minor/Greater Prot are reflected in the DME, but I hadn't considered TW, that might just be enough.

But doesn't land defense only kick in when military is less than land defense and land defense becomes the only number? Didn't think you added defense AND acres in this case.

Regular
    Correct. If a province's defense is lower than their acreage, only land defense applies. It (land defense) doesn't stack with anything.

My guess would be TW. If he has a large-ish number of peasants and/or you kill more than a handful of troops that should confirm TW is active.
    Ghetto Nightmare

Age 96 - Chaise Longue/Lighthouse Fire | Age 95 - Telephone The Real Ham Jackson | Age 94 - Final Girl | Age 93 - Superdrug | Age 92 - No Gods No Masters | Age 91 - Hunting The Wren | Age 90 - I Useta Lover | Age 89 - The Young People | Age 88 - Suspended in Gaffa | Age 87 - Aversadze | Age 85-86 - [Making A Baby] | Age 84 - Gay Girls | Age 83 - Avant Gardener | Age 82 - Girls Talk | Age 81 - Aversadze | Age 80 - Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking | Age 79 - Stella Was A Diver And She Was Always Down | Age 78 - The Lightning Strike | Age 77 - So Like A Rose | Age 76 - Aversadze/Kemosabe | Age 75 - Not Your Kind Of People/Good Shot, Good Soldier | Age 74 - Godspell | Age 73 - Time Will Destroy Everything/Versions of Hate | Age 72 - Another New World | Age 71 - Cold Old Fire | Age 70 - Battlestations | Age 69 - Tilted | Age 68 - Spite & Malice | Age 67 - I, The Hand Grenade | Age 66 - The Mother We Share | Age 65 - Pretty Keen On Centrefolds | Age 64 - Wangernumb | Age 63 - Aversadze | Age 62 - Aversadze | Age 60 - Lynx | Age 59 - Astral | Age 58 - That's How You Get Ants | Age 57 - Aversadze

Forum Addict
    Fun fact just discovered:

"Military" efficiency increases "land" defense.

Alright I wasn't entirely sure on the details of this but I TW is only available to a few combos so I hope my thoughts on this helped some.
    Randomination4Lyfe
    Age 67-Current

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedthor View Post
    88+550=638*1.7= 1084.6 for normal 1 point solds
    this is wrong it'd be 88*1.7 OR 550 whichever is bigger....i.e.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    Fun fact just discovered:

"Military" efficiency increases "land" defense.
    im almost postive this is wrong...most because beacuse i litterally just hit a guy whose som is 0 def, has 399 acres 108% dme and i sent 405 off and broke...unless im just super lucky. the only way the op's post is right is if

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedthor View Post
    Alright I wasn't entirely sure on the details of this but I TW is only available to a few combos so I hope my thoughts on this helped some.
    the guy has town watch, or had a paladin cast town watch.

and 2000/1.7=1176

1176-88=1088*4=4353..

If the guy has 4353 peasents and the 88 solds he could have 2000 def with 1.7 DME.

Thread Information