Thread: Dwarf

Post Fiend

Dwarf

I dont think they're where they should be. And i'm not sure how to change them to bring them into a warring meta. In discussion with just my KD mates, we were thinking that they could be meant for day 2 or 3 attackers and the first day just helping in ops. I don't really want to think about them being only the growers choice, making them viable for warring, making use of their racial bonuses is all i'm thinking about. Their bonus to BE is very nice, and coupled with sage makes it very very nice. But as much of the game is significantly based on raw numbers, i feel like that boost goes to waste in either their offense or defense, or their TM routes. Especially with the increased amount of build percent that needs to be given to farms. Also, i'm not sure having only 1 personality that makes them viable is sound. I mean, you can tack anything onto Undead, Orc, Avian, Human, Faery or Dark Elf and make a very decent effort for whatever focus your personality chooses for you. But Dwarf i don't think are at that point.... and Bocan are by no means anywhere near that point.

Post Fiend
    Dwarf definitely needs to be readdressed as it has been majorly nerfed last few ages, about 3 ages ago I played dwarf/heretic hybrid a/t/m and it worked pretty well but that was when they had CS and decent off/def specs and elites but the addition of 100% food consumption which means you need way more farms than anyone until you get half decent production sci, the loss of CS and nerfed specs/elites makes them a very poor choice in terms of raw numbers for an attacker...as you say their BE bonus, which also got nerfed meaning farms are less productive meaning more farms, should be an attractive bonus to helping them be a more versatile attacker race but as they currently stand they are weak and unappealing hence why there's less than 2% on the server.

They really do need a major overhaul next age to make them more attractive and balanced as a race. Currently they look like this for convenience to save you time looking for details:

Dwarf

Bonuses
    +20% Building Efficiency
    Free Building Construction and Can Use Credits to Raze Buildings
    -50% Building Construction Time

Penalties
    Can't use Accelerated Construction
    +100% Food consumption

Spell book: Mystic Aura
    Elite: 7/4, 900gc, 10NW

The food consumption needs to be rethought maybe bring it back to +50% to +75%, and rethink their current elites maybe go back to 9/? and boost their BE to +25% again, I know they won't get CS but in terms of spell book an instant spell of MA (which can be zapped with the weakest spell to remove it) is really weak compared to other races spell books, so rethink this too, not sure what spell off the top of my head.

Dwarf was an awesome race to play that was able to be either pure attacker or hybrid a/t or a/m now it's just urgh! Please make it awesome again.
    Last edited by Wolfric; 26-09-2017 at 09:38.

Scribe
    The dwarf isnt too strong, but that is mostly due to lowering the BE bonus and soft science caps. Else they wouldve rocked all the way. atm I run 175% DME with 13-15% forts, turning my 0/6 defspecs into 0/10.5 specs. I can do the same or better for my offspecs if wanted.

It is hard to play and could use a tweak, but I dont think they need a major overhaul. throw in 30% BE instead of +20% and its good to go.

Post Fiend
    Honestly, i was just kinda thinking 0/7 or 0/8 dspec might be enough coupled with a 8/4 elite. Like, i can only think about them in the role i believe they'd fill (Hybrid TM, that already has offense waiting to go on day 2 or 3).

Scribe
    that works as well with 0/7 dspecs and 1 more point on their leet off.

oh and wolfric: even with that food penalty I get away with 8% farms and am far from maxing production.

Post Fiend
    I would rather dwarf had more punch than defs so give them +1 off specs again with some decent elites something like 9/? or 8/? etc depending on what happens to other race elites so they can once again be considered as a serious attacker race, giving them +1 def specs with same off specs doesn't make them any more appealing as an attacker and will only attract acre/NW growers imo.

Thread Information