Thread: Increased plague contagiousness?

Post Fiend

Increased plague contagiousness?

Please, please don't read this as a whiny complaint. What ever the math is at is fine, so I'm not looking to change it.

I am curious though, was there a change in the plague mechanic? It seems like I'm getting plagued much more consistently. It seems like 4/5 hits into or from undead cause plague.

Maybe I'm just noticing it more because I'm in a micro KD and eating hits more than I'm used to.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by dsqrd View Post
    Maybe I'm just noticing it more because I'm in a micro KD and eating hits more than I'm used to.
    This, combined with the fact that, last I knew, 1/3 of the game is undead

I like to post
    In the current meta you just get hit a lot, in general, OOW.

Guy who finished top of our KD last war got this for summary since leaving EOW CF:

-1,244 Quake (27/99)

Time span of about 11 days, so about 1 hit every 2.5-3 hours on average :P

Needs to get out more
    This age, if you micro as in micro-kingdom, I suggest undead or cleric.

I know, I know and I'm somewhat of a plague minder...But, we have to be aware of troop loss disparity, the rune/mana cost associated with the cure, the penalties that accompany the disease.

Yes, I'm going down the undead sage rout again because even stopping plague grants no protection from abducts. One thing the podcast failed to capitalize on is the premise of war kingdoms. Undead is a common core race and will convert up to a point, doing land trades etc. After that the undead must keep armies out safely while not expanding in acreage. The main solution is abduction.

War kingdoms are only concerned with land sculpting for chaining or meeting a diplomatic goal. Typically with the troop losses lowered from 75% to 50% in recent ages, undead have to re-up elite levels because they can't buy them. I'm sure the goal was to encourage a form of whoring, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't proxy cleric cores in traditionally whoring *friendly kingdoms who then feed those undead acres up to the top.

* war kingdoms that feed acres to whoring kingdoms either through fear or diplomacy including, but not exclusively, pretending they don't like it...but they do.

I have time for a pipe illustration:

~ Happy Top: no undead, no clerics, just whores ~
    \
    ~ Big War Kingdom: no cows, no undead, maybe clerics but sure to cure plague ~
    \
    ~ Medium War Kingdom: cares about war chart, undead ergo acres deposit here ~
    \
    ~ Ghetto or Crappy War Kingdom: conversion paradise NOT FOR YOU ~
    X
    ~ Micro-Kingdom: all animals come here to drink and you owe it to them to be crocodiles ~
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 24-09-2017 at 00:53.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    In the current meta you just get hit a lot, in general, OOW.

Guy who finished top of our KD last war got this for summary since leaving EOW CF:

-1,244 Quake (27/99)

Time span of about 11 days, so about 1 hit every 2.5-3 hours on average :P
    Blatant target share!
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Thread Information