Thread: defense loss

Regular

defense loss

Your personal Support ID is B54FC795

I am having an issue with losing defense, outside of any spell or other negative effect. I am at 100% on wages, and I am not running forts, so a drop in BE doesnt explain it. I have been training defense specs for hours and all that is happening is a loss of 7 to 11 points on an hourly basis.

I apologize in advance if there is an easy explanation that I am failing to see for this.

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by VestaTuran; 24-09-2017 at 20:51.

Regular
    It appears that I am in fact losing military efficiency, had a change of 0.2% from last hour.

Last hour my defense was 66,011 wages 100%, 114.8% ME, with 15 (0/6) defense specs due next tick
    This hour my defense is 66, 032 wages 100%, 114.6% ME, with munk verifying the addition of the 15 defense specs

I have no clue as to why my ME would be dropping. If you have a scientist abducted, are the changes to your science bonus percentages gradual or immediate? Also, I am gaining offense points, even though I am not training offense specs, could be horses though?

Thanks again, your patience is/will be greatly appreciated.

Update: as of July 6 YR 5 my Military Efficiency continues to drop, this has to be the reason for the numbers I am seeing, I just dont know why its dropping.

Did some more forum digging... could this be a GBP issue? That would explain the drop in ME over time, is there a way for me to find out for sure?
    Last edited by VestaTuran; 24-09-2017 at 23:52.

Regular
    I havent touched my wages, they have been at 100% all age.

Thank you for your reply! :)

This tick, July 7 YR 5, I had 21 (0/6) defense specs complete training, and gained 121 defense points. My ME actually held at 114.3 from the previous hour, so hopefully its done dropping.

July 8... 114.1%, so it is still dropping :(
    Last edited by VestaTuran; 25-09-2017 at 01:05.

it could indeed be GBP...

there is a table here; http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...ang_Protection...

Just for clarity, where it says that it decays by "1" for the lower end of the scale that isn't decay 1% of your ME boost from GBP, it would refer to a 1% decay in your GPB rating (the lowest section is 1-20% GBP).

... If you look at the ME bonus for that range of GBP (0.13-2.67) the base appears to be .13%, so depending on a bit of rounding here and there you could certainly see 114.8 -> 114.6
    Last edited by RattleHead; 25-09-2017 at 03:28.

Regular
    Thank you for your help Rattlehead! :)

Regular
    I am so confused... when I posted last I had an ME of 115%, so I though it was done, now I am back down to 113%! I also had a change to my max population, lost 200+ peasants last hour, nothing in my news etc. Its like my sciences are fluctuating or something.

Grrrrr, I think my provy is possessed!

So, it appears that the culprits are the type of science that I lost and the affects of GBP! ME and BE dont know which way is up, and from one hour to the next, either could be causing shifting.
    Last edited by VestaTuran; 25-09-2017 at 12:47.

BE shouldn't affect your base ME, it should only play into this if you have TGs or Forts, and then it would be shifting your OME or DME, not BME. Losing a Military Scientist would hurt your BME, but it wouldn't happen tick-by-tick

Regular
    I think GBP was/is affecting my ME, I lost 5 tools and 2 military scientists to an abduct, and in KD forums we just figured out that our Paladin had cast Scientific Insight on all of us, so when it expired it also started to affect my BE and ME due to the science boost that was no longer in effect. Just a whole lot of hands in the cookie jar at once.

It wasnt all in vain though! I learned quite a bit during this process!

Thanks again Rattlehead. ;)

Thread Information