Thread: Sages: perhaps add early age bonuses

Post Fiend

Sages: perhaps add early age bonuses

Sages are generally late age focused and really get going around week 4 or 5. I'm just suggesting that early age they could be given something that allows them to compete better. Having natural adbut protection is very nice. I'd like to recommend giving them access to more if not all self spells, and maybe a bonus for casting rituals. They are in lore and in strategy a use knowledge-as-a-weapon choice, allowing them to buff their province with a variety of self spells would be in keeping with this theme. And/or double effect labs/universities.

Post Fiend
    Sage is very powerful already in my opinion. The bonus science is no joke.

I dunno, +30% effect and +50% starting science seems like a good bump-start.

I think the way science works these days its more of an advantage to be Human or Sage in the early/mid Age, as opposed to late age when we had Books. Since they have removed the caps, this effect is less dramatic now that we don't all have the same final targets. Later in the Age everyone starts to catch up to Human and Sage with Abducts, at least in the # of Scientists, the +30% for Sage is nice late Age, but it can be a double-edged sword if you get Abducted hard.

Its a tricky personality to balance, it seems to swing from being nearly completely disregarded, to being the only choice.

Thread Information