Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ad stuff

Ad stuff

Recently I've seen ads that were just simple text links with 'headlines' that are blatantly false. In the last few days I notice Conor McGregor and Sydney Crosby have both shockingly retired before their time. (site was called braveheartmen or something like this)

I rarely feel the desire to click on an ad to begin with, but seeing that a % of them are fake is going to turn that 'rarely' into a 'never'. Wheres the scruples?

Unless they are causing popups or redirects they aren't bugged.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Well I didn't know where else to report it. This is still an issue which, in my opinion, is worth walking away from the game if it becomes consistent, even as a veteran, but certainly as a new player I wouldn't be coming back once I found one of these.

Veteran
    Click on them, and make them fund Utopia! !!
    Long live Mehul!

Oh ya, I'm sure clicking on patently false ads won't have any unforeseen consequences. Its basically like phishing built into the game if you ask me. I'm also aware that you don't really control the ads content, but you should be able to hold whoever does accountable for us.

Administrator
    You are correct RattleHead, if there are ads that are likely to be phishing or malicious (as you've detailed in your original post) I would recommend sending an email to UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com with the details as best you can so that we can deal with it and have them removed.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Ok thank you!

Enthusiast
    new ads that are voice ads at top very annoying. freeze the screen and cause delay in page to load. constantly set off virus protection warning

Post Fiend
    @crunch, agreed

https://www.fiatusa.com/build?pid=20...cid=0#/zipcode

there are more than just this one that is uber aggressive

Post Fiend
    The redirect ads have returned for mobile. I have already emailed utopia support with link and screenshot.
    Currently semi retired / ghetto fabulous / Genesis fanatic
    Formerly of: Darwins Dark Legions, Freestyle KLA, Equilibrium, Mercy, Havoc, Sanctuary, Hall of Heroes, Pyromaniacs

Post Fiend
    yeah

one says reverb.utopia-...

Post Fiend
    @bishop

how about when the ad reloads and crashes the window i just worked for an SoM on... wtf then?

Enthusiast
    ads are still really aggressive makes it impossible to toggle though screens to even attack. forced to buy ad block . thinking that is what has become of this game pay to play as the ad problem never gets resolved

Regular
    i play from pc almost always (and remote-in to pc when i'm mobile). some of the ads/tabs of utopia take up 2,000,000+ K memory, at least that's where it seems to plateau. usually they start at 300,000 k (normal memory usage) and then ratchet up and up and up until it hits 2,500,000 K or so. i always have task manager up so i can 'end' those tabs.

i can usually tell when it's happening cuz chrome shows the activity on the lower left of the window (e.g. what site is being called / what site chrome is "waiting" on). a tab that is on it's way to 2,500,000 K will constantly be calling random sites. a few times, while it's doing that, i've right-clicked and then click on "inspect" (chrome), and then look at the "Network" tab; hundreds of sites being called as fast as possible, 10-15 per second. it's really crazy. and random. but eventually any utopia tabs left open will do it if/when it refreshes ads enough times.

just my two cents. maybe this can help narrow down the offenders?

edit:
    i just wanted to add that it's not just utopia tabs/ads that do this. i've seen the same thing with apnews.com and yahoo.com (yahoomail) and i think once with cnn.com
    Last edited by jngleb; 22-10-2017 at 00:02. Reason: clarity

Thread Information