Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ad stuff

Enthusiast
    the game is unplayable without paying for the ad block. the ads are slowing down the game pages do not load and flicker frequently like it is stuck. sometime you can't even log out cause the ad is freezing everything up. Nothing has changed since the last time i complained about this except my ad bock credit expired. Most of the problems are on a PC using chrome if anyone even cares anymore to look into it?

Strategy Moderator
    https://www.toyota.com/rav4/?dfaid=D...67529:81966065

I'm geting a video add from there, slows everything down, and forces the page down

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    https://www.toyota.com/rav4/?dfaid=D...67529:81966065

I'm geting a video add from there, slows everything down, and forces the page down
    Having the same problem, super annoying and the ad loops so it keeps dragging browser down to bottom until it eventually crashes the browser.

Enthusiast
    had to buy ad block again to fix this. when is this going to get fixed? or is the is the objective of the new owners to force everyone to buy the ad block. Is that the new business model?

Post Fiend
    Game has been really slow for a few days for me (on phone). I just resorted to disabling java script, which seems to not-load adds and thus makes it work. Also means the war room calc doesnt work though.

Quote Originally Posted by duckels View Post
    Having the same problem, super annoying and the ad loops so it keeps dragging browser down to bottom until it eventually crashes the browser.
    I'm having the same issue as well. And getting very annoyed. Ya, I can buy ad block but I was hesitant to at the EoA. Although, I shouldn't be forced to adblock in order to play. I'm all for revenue streams but using ads that intentionally bugger gameplay is just the wrong msg to send to loyal players...

Also experiencing an issue with the ads just completely bogging down my browser. Never had an issue with this til yesterday, but sure enough once I restart the browser and don't log into uto everything works just fine. Soon as I log in..... whole deal just wigs out til it's basically deadlocked. :/

Ads are making chrome unresponsive. Have to close browser every 5 minutes to move the page. When I'm on my mobile, I cannot send messages or post in forums because ads cover the send button. Making it so I cannot post or send anything at work. Most my kingdom complains of the same issue while on mobile devices.
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. -George S. Patton

I keep noticing a video popping up at the bottom of my screen and it autoscrolls me right to the bottom. If I have my volume turned up it scares the CRAP out of me! It does make it a pain because whenever I have to try and scroll back up it just keeps dragging my ass right back down to the bottom until I punch my monitor in the face and it finally lets me do what I want. So I need to purchase ad block then??
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Folks, if possible please mention the ad URL.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Folks, if possible please mention the ad URL.
    If its a video playing how can I get the URL? Right click and properties?
    - unknown

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd

I right clicked on the link and hit view page source and that was the first link that popped up. Not sure if it is the actual link or not.
    - unknown

Enthusiast
    getting the hijack browser thing again playing by smart phone. strange was working very well than i cleared out cache as i do from time to time and next log in got the hijack and can't seem to get rid of it now.

What was the redirect to?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

[19:26] <Steel> @DavidC @munk for the record, ads redirecting me to iphonewin.win and ipo6.com but there is no way to tell which ad is doing it / android, chrome,

Thread Information