Thread: Tweak to Propaganda operation

Enthusiast

Tweak to Propaganda operation

Was just thinking today that when thieves do Propaganda on enemy, they are trying to 'convince enemy peasants, military, or wizards to revolt and join your province.'

Now since Scientists are also part of enemy province, why not extend Propaganda to include having a chance to get enemy scientists from the enemy? Keep it at a low chance to get a scientist from enemy so that it's not too overpowered. A rogue would need to spend a lot of stealth doing propaganda if they want to have a shot at getting a scientist from the enemy.

This opens up a new avenue of game play for Rogues by allowing them to have a different way to get scientists for themselves in addition to Scientist spawn boost from Revelation and Labs.

Enthusiast
    Since EOA and suggestions being posted, just thought I'd bump this up in case anyone had anything to add to this suggestion.

I wouldn't mind to see a way for TMs to grab scientists. I feel if Rogue had an Op, Mystic, Heretic would need to either share that Op, or have a spell available to them that has a similar function, wouldn't it?

Something like this would have to be limited to a max of 1 Scientist per successful Op/Spell (would have to send 100% thieves as well, or costs extra mana as a spell) or it could also get out of hand quite easily.

Enthusiast
    Well, with regards to Mystics/ Heretic having access to something similar, what if Nightmare op was codified in such a way that it allows a chance to have a scientist get nightmares and quit their province and move over to the province that was casting Nightmare on them? Sort of like black magic being used to make a scientist defect to the other province.

I was thinking maybe when you LL you might randomly capture an acre that had a scientist on it :P

Having it on NM doesn't quite make sense to me, but I can say that about other things in this game as well.

Thread Information