Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NTSH v. NOOBS

Veteran
    What's wrong with being a ghetto? No pressure to have to win any crowns so you can have fun in wars like these is the most fun way to play this game.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    Stop being so sensitive, jeez.
    Hardly sensitive, just sad that some posters have nothing positive to say and instead of being decent ppl, write something only they find funny. I guess I just expect too much from humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    That's ghetto logic
    More like the common sense of a mature adult.

-DM <3
    Last edited by Zombies are people too; 28-09-2017 at 19:53.
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombies are people too View Post
    More like the common sense of a mature adult.

-DM <3
    See how you inferred a negative impression? That means ghetto isn't a meaningless word :)

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    See how you inferred a negative impression? That means ghetto isn't a meaningless word :)
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckySports View Post
    Just ignore them. Don't feed the trolls
    Sorry, I should've been more clear I was referring to this^

I don't think Ghetto is negative; to me it refers to Non-War, Non-Growth KDs where individualism flourishes and people do what they want. Some people enjoy solo play, and I wish them the best of fun :D

Calling our war a lame ghetto is pretty much belittling the effort these 50 players put into a good, clean and most enjoyable war. I'd just prefer the hosers keep the lame jokes to themselves and stop dirtying up our thread.

-DM <3
    Last edited by Zombies are people too; 29-09-2017 at 04:23. Reason: Queen of the typos
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Veteran
    I guess there are different definitions of what is a ghetto... To me, a ghetto is any kd not currently in a crown race. Those having a chance to win land/nw are the top kds, those having a chance to win war/honour crowns are the warkd's, the rest are ghetto's. Which isn't a bad thing, I enjoy good wars without having to worry about anything else in game in the meantime.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

narcissist racist

Quote Originally Posted by realm of ding dong View Post
    Hmm. 15-day ghetto war. Losing kingdom withdraws up acres because, I mean really, who wants to spend 2 weeks in some lame ghetto war?
    Its not the word GHETTO that's offensive, its the word "lame".

I am sure Mom has told you ad nauseam, the world does not revolve around you. and.. If you cant say something nice, say nothing at all.
    Starburst *** Fun is had at all levels. bottom to top. Ignore the griefers, salute the constructs.

@Palm: "That's ghetto logic". As a Mod you should be above the grief.

To quote the immortal WAR, The world is a ghetto. What did you hear your Mama say?
    Last edited by kendy; 28-09-2017 at 21:40. Reason: Mom should have made her stand in the corner more.

Needs to get out more
    You're pleasantly unassuming.

I'm not fond of organized kingdoms because of the restrictive environment, particularly in war and out of war :)
    There's really not much difference between organized and unorganized kingdoms insofar as potential. A few leadership tweaks and the willingness to say no to most bottom feeders and you're operationally almost there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Demon
    let me add my thougths on the matter too, to me a ghetto is a kingdom where no one follow orders or do random stupid stuff, activity is low and you can't perform the same like a similair sized kingdom except if you go up against another ghetto.

I've lead some in the past, and can say I much prefer a smaller number of players if they know what they are doing over a 22 or 25 man ghetto.

Oh yes whenever someone think their kingdom is all great and go on a "we are so superior" kind of rant I'll call them ghettos too if I disagree with that view which I mostly does, or when someone comes thretening to FSU.

I see both kingdoms in this conflict dropped one player each, had they been true ghettos arround 15 or so would have remained on the losing side for such a long war and it could in truth have been scorned as a ghetto slugfest. I've seen that happen and had that happen several times in the past for much shorter wars because there are no sense of the team in ghettos. My suggestion would to get growing, there is little value in picking a fight 24 vs 22 so get in range of other kingdoms on +22 should be a priority.

ghet·to
    /ˈɡedō/

noun: ghetto; plural noun: ghettoes; plural noun: ghettos
    1. any utopian kingdom that cannot be accurately described as a super-kingdom. after age 50 this encompassed all known kingdoms.
    "I wish there were somewhere better than this ghetto."
    synonyms: slum

adjective: ghetto
    1. pertaining to or having characteristics of a ghetto
    2. noting something that is considered to be unrefined, low-class, cheap, or inferior to a super-kingdom.
    "Simians is seriously ghetto. I mean so are we, but jesus."
    Last edited by DreidelFan; 28-09-2017 at 23:54.

Looks a good war.

Fae and DE must be fun to play.

Always nice to see Faes enter god mode and kill other TM's =)

Regular
    Just wanted to note a few things:

Uniques per prov were lowered since anon attackers were used extensively in parts of the war.

We were up 10k acres for pretty much 75% of the war, but on no account did Noobs ever "draw out" the war, they had a strat that took 1.5 weeks to really start playing out - and we withdrew once it became clear that we would not be able to counter it. Noobs ended up with unbreakables we could not take down, and really, with more faeries than us we were doomed from the start =P

I'll freely admit to being ghetto =P But Noobs were top notch =P And I thank them for a fun, well-played war.

That's Ghetto Gospel

see my post above

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    That's Ghetto Gospel
    Next time try alliteration

Great Ghetto Gospel

Don't tell me how to live my life

Veteran
    To those who wish to be a part of awesome wars like this; noobs is recruiting!
    -Nox-

Thread Information