Thread: Dryad + quick feet

Post Demon

Dryad + quick feet

Just curious since I played Dryad last age but not this age how this is working out for everyone using that race.

I was surprised to see fewer people chose this race this age, I think the loss of 1 point on horses would be more than compensated with the addition of quick feet, yet I've only seen one kingdom go all dryad, and they did not seem to be doing all to well. This race could be the opener of turteling Dwarfs and Humans, yet with a lot fewer of those arround they might have lost some of the edge I don't know really.

I was using a ballanced approach with arround 9dspa last age and still had plenty of offenses compared to others in my nw range, has anyone tried this approach, and how did it work out in a warring environnement this age?

If possible I'd like a comparison from some who have used them both this age and last age.

Enthusiast
    We tried dryad core beginning of this age. You may have the offense but with the low kills, it doesn't help much in actually hurting the enemy troops and opening them up to further hits by other attackers in the opening wave. Perhaps a kd set up with dryads and dark elves who do nightmare before the dryads step in to do their hits might work. But I feel this would require an experienced kd who can coordinate and do all this in one wave.

Enthusiast
    Issue with dryads this age vs last age is not having fort to pump and army's being able to sit home without fear of losing those high priced elites. Last age I ran a few in my setup and they where the star. This age I feel they are slow and have crap epa which makes them a liability. But overall they are still decent but nothing compares to undead this age.

Post Fiend
    In intense wars, dyrads can't hold up. Lower gains, slow attack times, less damage. They are the non-attacker attack race. You can't keep up. Even trading hits, running rax and using quick feet, you just can't keep up one to one with any other attack race, much less in a war where you will likely be chained first.

Veteran
    Dryad is a good for a dragon slayer. Decent for bunker buster, but still not as good as orc. Decent for a growth with high defense, or a bunker buster for UB's with a short war strategy, but they just don't hold up. Its too difficult to recover from chaining, and long term they wind up as a liability. Not a good TM race, not a good attacker race. A really good player can make a decent Hybrid with them, but would have been better off with just about anything else.

In closing, I have found that the only use for Dryad is to dragon slay fast. Even Faery makes a better hybrid currently. Sorry mods, I dont like this one personally. Maybe someone can tell me something that I missed, but it's an attacking race thst has fewer kills and lesser gains as well as slower return times, or a TM race that has no TM bonuses.
    Last edited by Crazyguy; 03-10-2017 at 05:16. Reason: Just drunked typos
    Long live Mehul!

Post Fiend
    Playing dryad/sage atm. I find it managable to pump elites. The good thing about sage is that you can pump your population so high, having 400nwpa is relatively easy, with 5.5ppa as well. This means that your normal 300nwpa attacker will have subpar gains when attacking you because of land/nw based formula.

In war, I just +4attack time, grab all the acres and have 40% GS. The opponent have a choice of hitting my GS or let me keep the acres, which are turned into more GS.

TL;DR: Dryad is good as chainbait.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoheadbutt View Post
    Playing dryad/sage atm. I find it managable to pump elites. The good thing about sage is that you can pump your population so high, having 400nwpa is relatively easy, with 5.5ppa as well. This means that your normal 300nwpa attacker will have subpar gains when attacking you because of land/nw based formula.

In war, I just +4attack time, grab all the acres and have 40% GS. The opponent have a choice of hitting my GS or let me keep the acres, which are turned into more GS.

TL;DR: Dryad is good as chainbait.
    Just topfeed raze dyrad and deep chain it is so easy that til your army comes enemy can do second wave of attacks on you. You cant rely on buildings as they will be easily turned into dust with spells or attacks. In additiion, once ur being chained u wont easily cast qf with each attacks.

The QF addition was dubious as it directly contradicts the bad attack time of the Dryad,
    which is supposed to be a part of their character.
    A lame attempt.

The Dryad, is, I believe, an attempt to eventually fill a slot in the Good v Evil scene.

Good................ Evil
    Dryad...............Orc ( big hitters)
    Halfling.............Bocan ( thieves)
    Avian ...............Undead ( relentless attacker)
    Elf.....................Drow (mage)
    Faerie................something (TM or other)
    .....Humans can be either........

Im much more a fan of adding interesting side aspects than just brutifying existing strengths,
    or nullifying obvious weaknesses (like attack time by letting you cast a spell before the attack that makes you a non-dryad)
    Dumb.

They should play up the magical side of the Dryad image to give it side benefit or playability:

Dryad:
    Will of the wisps disrupt attacked provinces (attacks successful or not act as "expose mages")
    #of Will O the wisps / acres of defending province = an expose mages sort of effect on the defender.
    ie- if you get attacked by will O the wisps, you tend to lose mana%

Dryads also get some benefit when casting the paradise spell or fertile lands.

Post Fiend
    If they waste mana/stealth on me, then that's even better lol. The whole kingdom trying to kill me. I might as well be a dragon. As for QF, there's always paladins to help me.

Post Fiend
    Having Dryad elites disrupt spell capabilities is a great idea, i must add.

@crazy: it's an attacking race that has fewer kills and lesser gains .
    I played Dryad clerc last age to kill Undead. There was nobody safe from me. I could hit the largest enemy prov with ease. 4 on WH is a big deal as I could send soldiers at 5 accompanied with prisoners at 7. I ran 6-7% Dungons. I also had 15-17% rax. I did very swell. So taking 1 away from WH matters.
    I also noticed my acre gains were less than Orc / Undead / Human of similar size. Thats not listed as a stat, but my gains were always 5% less. Yeah I know Orc has +30% gains

Has anyone ran A hydrad tact province before? with the + 15-20 % returns from tact perk,plus quick feet and no need of farms can run 20% rax ?if so,was it better than the above combos? also seeing how it has low kills on targets could just camp targets and hit them while they are home or hit tms and maybe have a faery paladin in the kd as well to cast bloodlust and reflect magic on the hydrad tact if that is even possible? because ive never ran a faery paladin province either lol so im not sure what all spells they can cast on team mates or if they even can cast bloodlust and reflect magic on them ..anyway just curious as to how hydrad tact would be if anyone has ran this combo.
    Last edited by kobious; 28-10-2017 at 03:25.

Thread Information