Thread: game kinda sucks

game kinda sucks

it's going nowhere good, you got the old school flamers that are alright with everything, sitting in the top kd's talking **** to everyone that dares post a topic. I assume one of the degenerates will be here soon. You got the noobs trying to learn the game but no one will teach them, and ya got the old school's that want to play but can't stand the **** anymore cause everything is BS. How can it be fixed

Enthusiast
    Any admin investment for a start. Haven't they all felt extremely absent this whole age? Simple bugs still not fixed since start of age, has Jeff made a post this age? I've seen Dave pop up a couple times at least, but he's largely absent, even when you seem to get his attention he disappears. Mails to uto support unanswered, age started while not being ready, balance was clearly off, multis seems obvious and rampant server wide, though that last bit has always been the case since I joined.

How many people really play? Of 3300 listed, how many are active, how many are actually unique, and how many bots or shell accounts. I wonder who runs them all.

Anyone notice every start of age, the high % of provinces that don't train fully? I spy multiple that seem to randomly have half trained and then a pile of solds. Not inactive, not new players, but certainly not real players. They don't all disappeared after oop though ;)

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by KvG View Post
    it's going nowhere good, you got the old school flamers that are alright with everything, sitting in the top kd's talking **** to everyone that dares post a topic. I assume one of the degenerates will be here soon. You got the noobs trying to learn the game but no one will teach them, and ya got the old school's that want to play but can't stand the **** anymore cause everything is BS. How can it be fixed
    ruff day huh?

I like to post
    Stop whining. The community refuses to take responsibility for the game state itself. If I don't continuously expose the **** that goes on in the top no one else does. Last age was my crowning jewel which exposed exactly what is wrong with this game and why I believe the current owners are even worse than the former inactive ones. But it seems no one is arsed to take it up from there now I got other stuff to care about.

Our game has been completely decimated in hopes that you people might feel you have a fair shot and enjoy yourselves. It has been stripped of all of the historical kingdom differentiation and strategy that always made it fun and unique. It has been turned from a game of chess into a monotonous game of checkers where kingdoms leapfrog one another day after day through use of the war mechanism. If you still aren't enjoying it, and we sure as hell aren't enjoying it, then why do you people keep making suggestions to further ruin a good thing?

Give us back our banks, our choices, our freedom. Bring back the way the game used to feel. Get rid of the land bonuses for war and stop trying to turn this into checkers.

Thanks in advance

I like to post
    Couldnt agree more with dreidel.

Gameplay has been dumbed down and made 1-dimensional. All the rituals and paladins you can think of cannot hide that.

Make the game simple again.
    Allow for tactical differentiation.
    Stop catering for noobs --> they wont get better no matter how many mechanics you throw at them.

The biggest player drain in my KD have been the good province managers who simply felt that it didnt really matter anymore how they ran their prov.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DreidelFan View Post
    Our game has been completely decimated in hopes that you people might feel you have a fair shot and enjoy yourselves. It has been stripped of all of the historical kingdom differentiation and strategy that always made it fun and unique. It has been turned from a game of chess into a monotonous game of checkers where kingdoms leapfrog one another day after day through use of the war mechanism. If you still aren't enjoying it, and we sure as hell aren't enjoying it, then why do you people keep making suggestions to further ruin a good thing?

Give us back our banks, our choices, our freedom. Bring back the way the game used to feel. Get rid of the land bonuses for war and stop trying to turn this into checkers.

Thanks in advance
    In my opinion the most important thing the game is missing these days is a large active player base. It blows only having a handful of kingdoms in range at any given time. The devs obviously want to grow the player base, and I hope they continue to make changes that they feel are going to help grow a stagnant player base. They mentioned in the last AOTS that they were going to start ramping up marketing at some point. You might be right, some of the changes have probably changed the strategy component of this game the last few years. But I'm ok with this if it allows us to keep/grow the player base. And yes, we will have to accept what the devs think is best for that, since they took the initiative and bought the game with that intention. Keep posting suggestions for them and writing in the forum for AOTS if you think you have better suggestions. Also, I can respect your opinion that the game isn't fun anymore, but unique? Point me to anything remotely similar...

Also, these:

Post Fiend
    to stop playing. there its fixed

Regular
    jst dont open the game link

Thread Information