Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mentoring System.... maybe

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    How can you love that response? Finding excuses is not how you lead something. You take full responsibility even if it's not your damn fault.
    I'm also not really sure what "pressing" issues that made the former owner's game unplayable were solved?

Rituals?
    P2W?
    Removal of Fort?
    Introduction of Paladin?
    Introduction of Dryads/Bocan?

Were these all pressing issues that weren't solved by former owners?

How about:

-Fully integrated intel systems (more than just a link to munk-script).
    -Fully integrated and usable chat
    -Learning curve for new players
    -Game variety (for all the mechanical introductions you made, the game has become more one-dimensional)
    -Age-based (or transcending) personal goals to improve individual province play
    -Ghetto-issues --> the ease of building a successful group/community from scratch. It's pretty much impossible to do so as it is unless you already have a vast network of people you know.

Scribe
    a mentoring system was suggested early on but was shot down in favor of an interactive beginner guide to lead players through the first few days of game play.
    As I said back then, while a guide, interactive or not, is a good idea, the attraction of utopia is the interaction and no automated guide can ever teach how interaction within and between kingdoms work. It's a sad sign of the state of the game when you mention a mentoring system and the first concern is foul play. Maybe y'all should stop listening to the cheaters and mechanic abusers and instead talk to the players playing the game just for the sake of playing.
    I'd be excited about a mentoring system if I had any faith left to believe that the mentors chosen were actually people wanting to help people. Unfortunately I fear the same ole crew of players that are responsible for the state the game is in now will be chosen yet again.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    I'm also not really sure what "pressing" issues that made the former owner's game unplayable were solved?

Rituals?
    P2W?
    Removal of Fort?
    Introduction of Paladin?
    Introduction of Dryads/Bocan?

Were these all pressing issues that weren't solved by former owners?

How about:

-Fully integrated intel systems (more than just a link to munk-script).
    -Fully integrated and usable chat
    -Learning curve for new players
    -Game variety (for all the mechanical introductions you made, the game has become more one-dimensional)
    -Age-based (or transcending) personal goals to improve individual province play
    -Ghetto-issues --> the ease of building a successful group/community from scratch. It's pretty much impossible to do so as it is unless you already have a vast network of people you know.
    Perhaps you have forgotten OOPS'ing since it's nearly been removed from all normal aspects of the game, but we could always revert that so you can experience the pain once more.
    Or the social login that went down ~5 weeks into our ownership and required immense TLC to get working again
    With an amazing team of community members we built a Guide from scratch to mimic the original (still working on Version 2)
    Among other countless enhancements to the codebase that have been made to provide a smoother and more enjoyable playing experience that go unannounced.

Are you actually suggesting the game has moved towards a pay to win model? In fact, I've searched quite a bit and haven't found anything remotely worth playing that is not pay to win, it seems Utopia stands alone in this category and I will reiterate, it will remain that way.

It's nice that you have taken the liberty to itemize things already on our To-Do list. It's unfortunate though that in order to accomplish those major changes it takes time; we are ,however, making measurable progress towards our goals.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Perhaps you have forgotten OOPS'ing since it's nearly been removed from all normal aspects of the game, but we could always revert that so you can experience the pain once more.
    Or the social login that went down ~5 weeks into our ownership and required immense TLC to get working again
    With an amazing team of community members we built a Guide from scratch to mimic the original (still working on Version 2)
    Among other countless enhancements to the codebase that have been made to provide a smoother and more enjoyable playing experience that go unannounced.

Are you actually suggesting the game has moved towards a pay to win model? In fact, I've searched quite a bit and haven't found anything remotely worth playing that is not pay to win, it seems Utopia stands alone in this category and I will reiterate, it will remain that way.

It's nice that you have taken the liberty to itemize things already on our To-Do list. It's unfortunate though that in order to accomplish those major changes it takes time; we are ,however, making measurable progress towards our goals.
    Well, if the OOPSing has been conclusively solved that's a good thing. I haven't played competitively this age so I wouldn't know. My last experience was last age, and then it was still horrible. But, if it's really solved now I'm impressed :)

I may seem scathing at times but really all I want is the game to move forward and become mechanically interesting again. A lot of the changes recently, while intended to help smaller KDs, have mostly catered to FSUing KDs and grievers. Those that want to seriously play the game barely have any tools at their disposal to do so, and this really needs to be addressed.

Anyways, I'm happy to share thoughts and ideas about how to tackle those issues, you know where to find me!

Harassing and bashing game owners certainly is a strange way to want the game to move forward..

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Harassing and bashing game owners certainly is a strange way to want the game to move forward..
    Real Madrid fans also harass and boo their own players to push them forward :)

We're customers, we have a right to be critical as we're filling their pockets.

Thread Information