Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mentoring System.... maybe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mentoring System.... maybe

"We may be preparing to implement a mentoring system to provide advice for new players! You should be excited! I know I am!"

You may be? What does this even mean?

I'll be excited when you stop leaving yourselves ambiguous back doors to slip out when things don't get implemented (correctly).

You mean "at all" in this case? Not trying to be snide just feel like it fits more here.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Some things may not have been implemented correctly, but at least they're trying to be somewhat innovative and bring new elements into the game. Despite some of the new things I don't like as much (ritual for example), I think they're moving forward!

I can also imagine that it could be difficult to implement a mentoring system. You want to avoid it being abused as a form of cheating.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    "We may be preparing to implement a mentoring system to provide advice for new players! You should be excited! I know I am!"

You may be? What does this even mean?

I'll be excited when you stop leaving yourselves ambiguous back doors to slip out when things don't get implemented (correctly).
    We are constantly looking to improve the game in areas where it needs improvement. Unfortunately we took over the game in a state where there are a significant number of areas that significant improvement. We are proud to say that we have made many improvements and continue to take Utopia towards a positive future. While it would be nice to move in leaps and bounds, we are only a few people and are taking things one step at a time.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    we are constantly looking to improve the game in areas where it needs improvement. Unfortunately we took over the game in a state where there are a significant number of areas that significant improvement. We are proud to say that we have made many improvements and continue to take utopia towards a positive future. While it would be nice to move in leaps and bounds, we are only a few people and are taking things one step at a time.
    <3<3<3<3

-dm <3
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies are people too View Post
    <3<3<3<3

-dm <3
    How can you love that response? Finding excuses is not how you lead something. You take full responsibility even if it's not your damn fault.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    How can you love that response? Finding excuses is not how you lead something. You take full responsibility even if it's not your damn fault.
    I'm also not really sure what "pressing" issues that made the former owner's game unplayable were solved?

Rituals?
    P2W?
    Removal of Fort?
    Introduction of Paladin?
    Introduction of Dryads/Bocan?

Were these all pressing issues that weren't solved by former owners?

How about:

-Fully integrated intel systems (more than just a link to munk-script).
    -Fully integrated and usable chat
    -Learning curve for new players
    -Game variety (for all the mechanical introductions you made, the game has become more one-dimensional)
    -Age-based (or transcending) personal goals to improve individual province play
    -Ghetto-issues --> the ease of building a successful group/community from scratch. It's pretty much impossible to do so as it is unless you already have a vast network of people you know.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    I'm also not really sure what "pressing" issues that made the former owner's game unplayable were solved?

Rituals?
    P2W?
    Removal of Fort?
    Introduction of Paladin?
    Introduction of Dryads/Bocan?

Were these all pressing issues that weren't solved by former owners?

How about:

-Fully integrated intel systems (more than just a link to munk-script).
    -Fully integrated and usable chat
    -Learning curve for new players
    -Game variety (for all the mechanical introductions you made, the game has become more one-dimensional)
    -Age-based (or transcending) personal goals to improve individual province play
    -Ghetto-issues --> the ease of building a successful group/community from scratch. It's pretty much impossible to do so as it is unless you already have a vast network of people you know.
    Perhaps you have forgotten OOPS'ing since it's nearly been removed from all normal aspects of the game, but we could always revert that so you can experience the pain once more.
    Or the social login that went down ~5 weeks into our ownership and required immense TLC to get working again
    With an amazing team of community members we built a Guide from scratch to mimic the original (still working on Version 2)
    Among other countless enhancements to the codebase that have been made to provide a smoother and more enjoyable playing experience that go unannounced.

Are you actually suggesting the game has moved towards a pay to win model? In fact, I've searched quite a bit and haven't found anything remotely worth playing that is not pay to win, it seems Utopia stands alone in this category and I will reiterate, it will remain that way.

It's nice that you have taken the liberty to itemize things already on our To-Do list. It's unfortunate though that in order to accomplish those major changes it takes time; we are ,however, making measurable progress towards our goals.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

I appreciate that, and look forward to seeing more changes and upgrades, but you can stand to work on your communication skills. Its one word, three letters, that make that whole statement a complete joke.

I MAY be an alien from outer space... who knows.

Just tell us you ARE preparing to implement it (even without a timeline), or don't tell us at all. Why does there need to be a grey area with this type of announcement?
    Last edited by RattleHead; 02-10-2017 at 14:21.

I could mentor you for the time being if you'd like.

Needs to get out more
    Just the big sloppy hints of whoring and I'll fill in the blanks. thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I like to post
    You took over a game with a stable player base and... kept it stable. What innovations? Adding some mechanics isnt innovating, its maintenance. You dumbed down the game to the point that individual gameplay isnt even enjoyable anymore. Those that still play are in it for the social aspects or habits only. Youve refused help from those that could truly take the game to a next level, preferring the usual suspects from the top-group and yes-men. The only significant effort has been put into adding extra cash-cowing modules, rewarding people with in-game bonuses to improve your add generation.

When you're ready to really revutionize the game and take it to the 21st century please let me know.

Mentor this!

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    Mentor this!
    Build more farms !!!!!

Post Fiend
    you already have that, is it going public, will I learn how to log in into fake provinces or just basic stuff like sucking at the game, btw who are you to say that one qualifies to be mentor, by number of spam posts in forum certainly not by skill

Thread Information