Thread: Undead Conversion Rates

Post Fiend

Undead Conversion Rates

I am wondering if there is any information out there about conversion rates for undead. I assume it is tied to gains, or at least the same factors would be used in the equation, but I am finding that recently I'm seeing wide swings in conversion percentage compared to what I am expecting. Is there some large random factor? I know that prosperous affects this, and I have already taken that into account. I have no data to show at the moment. I'm not finding much on the wiki or recently in the forums (I could just be missing it). Anyone know anything about this?

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by luke3 View Post
    I am wondering if there is any information out there about conversion rates for undead. I assume it is tied to gains, or at least the same factors would be used in the equation, but I am finding that recently I'm seeing wide swings in conversion percentage compared to what I am expecting. Is there some large random factor? I know that prosperous affects this, and I have already taken that into account. I have no data to show at the moment. I'm not finding much on the wiki or recently in the forums (I could just be missing it). Anyone know anything about this?
    Don't think the formula is known. I remember sheeting it out many ages ago though, and some general conclusions (if I remember correctly):

Base conversions are around 20%
    War hero conversions are compounded
    Oversending diminish conversions
    Conversions are nerfed more than time mods
    Correlates closely to gains formula
    EPA and/or ELITE:SPEC ratio influences conversions negatively (more elites, less % conversion) - this is based on your total army, not what you send. (100% Spec army = 20% conversion cap, 20% spec army = ~7-8% conversion cap, if I remember correctly)
    Only raw number of specs sent matters, not any mods to off
    Conquest/ambush does not generate conversions (considered failed hits)

Thus:
    Don't add/subtract hours
    Can't cheat by hitting targets with GS, into war, out of prosp, use kdrnw etc to limit gains while maxing conversions
    Single tapping is best (elites from first hit diminishes gains from consecutive hits)
    Max gain for max elites (90-110% nw and acres)

Optimal conversion strat would thus be to run homes (and rax) instead of say TGs. 50% wages. Get Raw off, forget about mods. Find high def targets your range and single tap as often as you can.

It's really coded very intuitively. Make a good land hit, and you get many conversions. The more elite based your army is, the less you gain. And you can't really cheat it by using stances and stuff to minimise acre gains and get EPA up.
    Last edited by Tadpole; 04-10-2017 at 08:45.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
    Don't think the formula is known. I remember sheeting it out many ages ago though, and some general conclusions (if I remember correctly):

Base conversions are around 20%
    War hero conversions are compounded
    Oversending diminish conversions
    Conversions are nerfed more than time mods
    Correlates closely to gains formula
    EPA and/or ELITE:SPEC ratio influences conversions negatively (more elites, less % conversion) - this is based on your total army, not what you send. (100% Spec army = 20% conversion cap, 20% spec army = ~7-8% conversion cap, if I remember correctly)
    Only raw number of specs sent matters, not any mods to off
    Conquest/ambush does not generate conversions (considered failed hits)

Thus:
    Don't add/subtract hours
    Can't cheat by hitting targets with GS, into war, out of prosp, use kdrnw etc to limit gains while maxing conversions
    Single tapping is best (elites from first hit diminishes gains from consecutive hits)
    Max gain for max elites (90-110% nw and acres)

Optimal conversion strat would thus be to run homes (and rax) instead of say TGs. 50% wages. Get Raw off, forget about mods. Find high def targets your range and single tap as often as you can.

It's really coded very intuitively. Make a good land hit, and you get many conversions. The more elite based your army is, the less you gain. And you can't really cheat it by using stances and stuff to minimise acre gains and get EPA up.
    Thank you , this was very helpful. After some more digging through older forum posts I did come across mention of a sliding scale of conversion percentage (10 to 20 percent) based on the number of elites you send. I didn't realise this existed and likely accounts for a lot of my confusion, along with a couple of things you pointed out above

Edit: Actually, I see you mention it is number of elites in your army, not sent per attack, which is interesting. So it gets harder to get more elites the more you already have (per acre)
    Last edited by luke3; 04-10-2017 at 16:16.

Postaholic
    Yes, the more elites you have the lower conversion rate you'll get. Around 60:40 elites:specs it gets hard increasing your epa much. Conversions will mostly cover incoming acres. And it's unrelated to elites sent, it's total army composition that matters. Ofc elites sent matters insofar as the conversion percentage only applies to specs. But there is no reason to find a new target if you can only break the one at hand also sending elites. You won't get more conversions sending 1000 specs only than sending 1000 specs and 500 elites. Total army is all that counts. So topping up hits sending some elites to break is fine and won't impact conversions.

It really is coded very simply. Just keep on hitting good targets, in range and without over sending and without protective mods like stances and gs and you'll reach the highest epa you can. All you can modify is making sure to cram as many specs onto your prov as possible, skipping any mods. And then of course manipulate your own acres afterwards (getting retaled or land dropped) afterwards.
    Last edited by Tadpole; 06-10-2017 at 17:34.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Thread Information