Thread: Abduct Hits - Really Making No Sense?

Regular

Abduct Hits - Really Making No Sense?

Abduct question;

Forces from ------ (x:x) came through and ravaged our lands! They abducted six scientists: Graduate Oanseph (Housing), Professor Dalra (Housing), Professor Kao (Channeling), Professor Ennath (Channeling), Professor Ga'ard (Housing) and Professor Danni (Housing)! We lost 4 soldiers and 1,088 elites in this battle.

His KD NW: Total Networth 1,250,459gc
    His acres: 1,275 acres
    His NW: 299,052gc

My KD NW: Total Networth 7,719,996gc
    My acres: 1226
    My NW: 330k or so before the hit

I am running 10% universities;

Universities 122 10.0% Protect 31.46% of science from enemies (2.78%)

It does appear that the attacker may have added + gains to his hit - unclear though based off SOM/return time.

I also do not have a lot of scientists (I had around 125 before the hit) relatively speaking - as I've lost at least 30 to other abducts throughout the age. I think I actually have the worsts sciences in my KD as a result of all the hits I've taken.

If this is working as intended, does that mean he would have taken 9 of my scientists if I didn't have universities? That is about 7.2% of my total scientists. That seems a tad ridiculous does it not? Yes we have similiar NW/Land but shouldn't I get some sort of protection from his KD NW being completely out of range?

Note: he isn't an orc hitting me with + gains so I'm really confused by all of this. Earlier this age I hit into a smaller KD for an abduct onto a target with 10% uni's and the hit yield 0 scientists. He hit me back (several times) for 4 a pop when I ran no uni's.

Your personal Support ID is 4B2B96FC

If this is working as intended - does that mean other attackers (or specifically orcs) are yielding 10-15 scientists per abduct when hitting targets who have good scientist count with no uni's? That seems waaaaay over powered.

Regular
    I suppose his KD was aggressive... I missed that in my original assessment.

Regular
    OK .. seeing as how there's been no reply to this post... I've since been hit twice (again) by the same exact player. Obviously my scientist count is down and yet he continues to take the same amount;

April 13 of YR7 Forces from ---- (x:xx) came through and ravaged our lands! They abducted six scientists: Professor Athor (Housing), Professor Sael'cele (Housing), Professor Dasadelha (Housing), Professor Gega (Production), Professor Lihof (Channeling) and Professor Barwen (Production)! We lost 56 soldiers and 1,006 Drows in this battle.

May 22 of YR7 Forces from ------- (x:xx) came through and ravaged our lands! They abducted six scientists: Graduate Nasthir (Crime), Professor Rindril (Housing), Professor Marmagard (Housing), Professor Trargnir (Channeling), Professor Wyn'ferth (Housing) and Novice Ea-ro (Housing)! We lost 15 soldiers and 894 Drows in this battle.

His size: 1,269 acres 318,157gc (so he's bigger than me now in both land and NW...) Total KD Networth - 1,259,490gc
    my size: 1,241 acres 301,459gc -- Total Networth KD 7,055,503gc

His kingdom is still in aggressive and I've maintained by 10% universities

This. Does. Not. Make. Sense.

I think the reason there weren't replies is that it seems to be working normally.

Early in the Age Unis can easily make attacks result in 0 gains. Even without Unis, it is possible to get 0 gains from Abduct if you don't do your due diligence (GBP is often overlooked early Age). It is also definitely possible for a range of amount of scientists to result in the same amount of losses, given that you couldn't take 5.8, or 6.4 scientists.

You didn't say this province wasn't Orc, just that it wasn't Orc +4h... Orc gains would pretty much cancel out the 31.5% Protection generated by your Universities as you have them listed.

Province to province you guys are in max gains range, but his KD size way smaller, so there is NO gains penalty for him across that KD NW gap, but you would be at the maximum penalty upon retaliating (a nerf of ~33% gains) [ http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...etworth_Factor ]

Anyways, the best way to deter this type of return customer would be to use your extra 5,796,013 NW to either beat a CF out of the KD or pk the province if you deem necessary.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    I think the reason there weren't replies is that it seems to be working normally.

Early in the Age Unis can easily make attacks result in 0 gains. Even without Unis, it is possible to get 0 gains from Abduct if you don't do your due diligence (GBP is often overlooked early Age). It is also definitely possible for a range of amount of scientists to result in the same amount of losses, given that you couldn't take 5.8, or 6.4 scientists.

You didn't say this province wasn't Orc, just that it wasn't Orc +4h... Orc gains would pretty much cancel out the 31.5% Protection generated by your Universities as you have them listed.

Province to province you guys are in max gains range, but his KD size way smaller, so there is NO gains penalty for him across that KD NW gap, but you would be at the maximum penalty upon retaliating (a nerf of ~33% gains) [ http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph...etworth_Factor ]

Anyways, the best way to deter this type of return customer would be to use your extra 5,796,013 NW to either beat a CF out of the KD or pk the province if you deem necessary.

I thought I mentioned he was not an Orc?

Regular
    Not to spam - meant to include this in my last post --

6 scientists for 3 consecutive attacks means he's been getting a higher % of my scientists each attack. It started at 7.2% (eliminating my protection)but that means he's grown to 10%

Not necessarily, there could be rounding (nearly got 7 on the first hit) and then the next was more of an honest 6. I don't know the scenario, but perhaps the latter hits he did use +h, or your Unis effect had diminished... possibly you had some GBP during the first couple hits and it had been reduced by the later waves?

I think there are probably a number of factors that could supply an explanation, but it does seem peculiar, I guess.

Post Fiend
    That still seems like a lot of scientists lost. I run 20% universities and haven't lost more than 1 at a time, I have around 170 now. I'm not sage.

well having twice the Universities helps, are you by any chance in a smaller KD, and reaping those gains protection benefits as well? (IE you are the one learning UuknownSilva :P or at least in a similar position)

Post Fiend
    Ive been hit by bigger kingdoms and smaller kingdoms. I don't get hit a lot, but when I do, it's not been more than 1 at a time. I generally attack around my kd's size, since we are usually trying to incite a war. :P I haven't been hit by an orc in aggressive stance and onslaught ritual, which would probably be able to get 2-3 scientists!

Thread Information