Thread: Sparta vs Sleepy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    Well it is true that top-KDs do that, fact.

I didn't decide on what type of set-up we wanted. I was asked to device the best warring/hostile set-up, and I did just that. There was never a plan to whore this age, it just ended up like that.

The top only plays the game to screw each other and win at all cost (last age was a good example of how the top works if played right). I have never seen anything else. The only times top-KDs are nice is when:

1. They need land from you.
    2. They need a CF from you.
    3. You are in a position to hurt/FSU them.
    4. They try to goad you into a "fair" conflict.
    What top kingdoms do is they make (mostly) the right choices, choices based on experience. Experience the newcoming top kingdoms don't have.
    Most top kingdoms don't mind giving advice to new kingdoms. I know I gave quite a bit when I was still active, Elit did and I'm fairly sure a lot of others also did. A good example is Pyro. What is needed though, is a group of players that wants to learn how it works. CJ and Nesta were those kind of players, that's why they succeeded where others failed.

Removing the ability to homespump would probably decrease the difficulty curve and make it easier to catch up to the top.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    What top kingdoms do is they make (mostly) the right choices, choices based on experience. Experience the newcoming top kingdoms don't have.
    Most top kingdoms don't mind giving advice to new kingdoms. I know I gave quite a bit when I was still active, Elit did and I'm fairly sure a lot of others also did. A good example is Pyro. What is needed though, is a group of players that wants to learn how it works. CJ and Nesta were those kind of players, that's why they succeeded where others failed.

Removing the ability to homespump would probably decrease the difficulty curve and make it easier to catch up to the top.
    They were fortunate with a WW. Most "Ghetto" KDs only win when the top turns on itself and allows them to crown (us last age, Mansoor).

You want to force your system of gameplay upon new player and want to turn them into your GBing slaves. That is the entire reason relations between you and me broke down. You always saw it as a hierarchical one whereas I was looking for a partnership based on equality. Same goes for CR really. I was fine serving CR for a few ages as I learned from Zauper/Mango and won WW/honor crowns. But it was never going to be the end station.

At various points over the last few ages I had a choice: either hurt the KDs that I have good relations with or concede ground with the top. I always chose the latter. The only KDs I never had anymore remorse to ****play were the top-KDs because 9/10 leaders have no respect for the rest of the player base and view them as ignorant cattle. To duke it out with them in diplo and watch them constantly turn on each other was a great great pleasure :)

They were fortunate with a WW. Most "Ghetto" KDs only win when the top turns on itself and allows them to crown (us last age, Mansoor).

You want to force your system of gameplay upon new player and want to turn them into your GBing slaves. That is the entire reason relations between you and me broke down. You always saw it as a hierarchical one whereas I was looking for a partnership based on equality. Same goes for CR really. I was fine serving CR for a few ages as I learned from Zauper/Mango and won WW/honor crowns. But it was never going to be the end station.

At various points over the last few ages I had a choice: either hurt the KDs that I have good relations with or concede ground with the top. I always chose the latter. The only KDs I never had anymore remorse to ****play were the top-KDs because 9/10 leaders have no respect for the rest of the player base and view them as ignorant cattle. To duke it out with them in diplo and watch them constantly turn on each other was a great great pleasure :)
    Sparta propaganda... its getting better the more I read it!
    #magi

The reasons we stopped talking had just about everything to do with you and not me ;)
    I never really looked down at others the way you're saying. I think I was pretty fair in my dealings with just about everyone. I kind of expect the same in return though, so whenever I do someone a favor and they refuse to return that favor, don't expect any from me again. But that goes without saying. I'm also not really sure how my kingdom has used you as a slave. We didn't interact much at all, we didn't even talk much. I'm surprised you compare me with CR when I/BB differ a lot from CR.

As far as the difference between top and the rest in terms of hitting them; while you have CFs in the top, you feed on the rest. I don't think I ever declined a CF request when I was asked for one by a kingdom we had hit a few times. And in most cases, I agreed with them to CF for a few weeks and then could be broken/given notice. In almost all of those cases, CFs where still intact at EOA.

CR was pretty ruthless. I think Emeriti as well. Coss seems to be more on my level. I think Pyro was a bit in between, altho CJ was more the guy trying to make landdeals (even more intense than CR).

That said, you're fine to play a different strategy as long as it's within the rules. Mourinho built a wall to defeat Barcelona with different teams and he succeeded. And I'd personally welcome more kingdoms learning how to become a topkingdom and be competetive with the existing ones. It's however, pretty time consuming which will make most people not want to bother. I like the ghetto life, no more sleepless nights! :)

Thread Information