Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Sparta vs Sleepy

I like to post
    On a more serious note. NW gap is now 3M and 30K land, so most of that is empty land really.

We have: 101k acres | 22,046k nw | tpa+wpa+sci 3,757k nw | 324k peons | 1,295k units (+5k solds) | 987k income (173k TOG) | 625k wages | 1,335k gc | 551k runes | 5,700k food
    They have: 127k acres | 25,327k nw | tpa+wpa+sci 4,787k nw | 135k peons | 1,430k units (+2k solds) | 697k income (24k TOG) | 688k wages | 1,546k gc | 589k runes | 7,950k food

That's the last update I got!

Veteran
    Where are these solds on us?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    They were fortunate with a WW. Most "Ghetto" KDs only win when the top turns on itself and allows them to crown (us last age, Mansoor).

You want to force your system of gameplay upon new player and want to turn them into your GBing slaves. That is the entire reason relations between you and me broke down. You always saw it as a hierarchical one whereas I was looking for a partnership based on equality. Same goes for CR really. I was fine serving CR for a few ages as I learned from Zauper/Mango and won WW/honor crowns. But it was never going to be the end station.

At various points over the last few ages I had a choice: either hurt the KDs that I have good relations with or concede ground with the top. I always chose the latter. The only KDs I never had anymore remorse to ****play were the top-KDs because 9/10 leaders have no respect for the rest of the player base and view them as ignorant cattle. To duke it out with them in diplo and watch them constantly turn on each other was a great great pleasure :)
    The reasons we stopped talking had just about everything to do with you and not me ;)
    I never really looked down at others the way you're saying. I think I was pretty fair in my dealings with just about everyone. I kind of expect the same in return though, so whenever I do someone a favor and they refuse to return that favor, don't expect any from me again. But that goes without saying. I'm also not really sure how my kingdom has used you as a slave. We didn't interact much at all, we didn't even talk much. I'm surprised you compare me with CR when I/BB differ a lot from CR.

As far as the difference between top and the rest in terms of hitting them; while you have CFs in the top, you feed on the rest. I don't think I ever declined a CF request when I was asked for one by a kingdom we had hit a few times. And in most cases, I agreed with them to CF for a few weeks and then could be broken/given notice. In almost all of those cases, CFs where still intact at EOA.

CR was pretty ruthless. I think Emeriti as well. Coss seems to be more on my level. I think Pyro was a bit in between, altho CJ was more the guy trying to make landdeals (even more intense than CR).

That said, you're fine to play a different strategy as long as it's within the rules. Mourinho built a wall to defeat Barcelona with different teams and he succeeded. And I'd personally welcome more kingdoms learning how to become a topkingdom and be competetive with the existing ones. It's however, pretty time consuming which will make most people not want to bother. I like the ghetto life, no more sleepless nights! :)

Spartan Revolution!

Regular
    i can see why everyone hates bart. Either play or F off, nobody gives a **** about you.

I like to post
    Ill soon be back to playing again! This was my age off ^^

Post Demon
    this war is only a matter of time, clear Sleepy victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart of Sparta View Post
    On a more serious note. NW gap is now 3M and 30K land, so most of that is empty land really.

We have: 101k acres | 22,046k nw | tpa+wpa+sci 3,757k nw | 324k peons | 1,295k units (+5k solds) | 987k income (173k TOG) | 625k wages | 1,335k gc | 551k runes | 5,700k food
    They have: 127k acres | 25,327k nw | tpa+wpa+sci 4,787k nw | 135k peons | 1,430k units (+2k solds) | 697k income (24k TOG) | 688k wages | 1,546k gc | 589k runes | 7,950k food

That's the last update I got!
    I thought you werent playing in that kd this age...so why speak in that tense?
    “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.”
    - unknown

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    this war is only a matter of time, clear Sleepy victory.

You will eat those words ;).

War is far from over.

sparta has 5 UB. Sleepy just lost one of their 4 top with essentially no UB. One way dragon/ritual will continue. Take those empty acres away and there's not much to be that scared of.

When you start a war 13 vs 22 attackers and against a massive science advantage, and no UB provs (TMs or attackers)
    Things aren't as simple. Our prep was messed up twice by false alarms during our downtime and consider sleepy only had one attacker lose much wpa in the BB war. That's 6-7 weeks of pure pumping for them, and 2-3 weeks tops of messed up prep for sparta. HU Sages with massive income/sci bonuses on low draft and larger land made it very easy for them to stack up cash fast. By training time they had fully matched our gc stocks and were 6k acres and 4-5 mil larger than us.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Xist View Post
    You will eat those words ;).

War is far from over.

sparta has 5 UB. Sleepy just lost one of their 4 top with essentially no UB. One way dragon/ritual will continue. Take those empty acres away and there's not much to be that scared of.

When you start a war 13 vs 22 attackers and against a massive science advantage, and no UB provs (TMs or attackers)
    Things aren't as simple. Our prep was messed up twice by false alarms during our downtime and consider sleepy only had one attacker lose much wpa in the BB war. That's 6-7 weeks of pure pumping for them, and 2-3 weeks tops of messed up prep for sparta. HU Sages with massive income/sci bonuses on low draft and larger land made it very easy for them to stack up cash fast. By training time they had fully matched our gc stocks and were 6k acres and 4-5 mil larger than us.
    Those top 3 human cows arent UB?????

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Aha View Post
    Those top 3 human cows arent UB?????
    You'll have to wait for the next episode to see for yourself. No spoilers =p.
    'We bow down before no man.' - Ancient Spartans
    ~Fury of Sparta~

Enthusiast
    Sleepy only has 135k peons?

Forum Addict
    Interesting! I always root for the underdog, would be cool to see if Sparta could turn this around!

5 minions vs 3 giants interesting : )

Post Fiend
    Fun war. There will be twists. Make your guesses and place your bets, but Do not conclude until the war is over.

Thread Information