Thread: Plauge

Post Fiend

Plauge

This is the worst plauge i've ever had in Utopia.

20+ NB to get it rid off AND STILL NOT OFF ME... 6 ticks has passed and over 20x NB still doesn't get off me. What % does the plauge have? 0.00001% chance to get lost?

# of ticks gone by is not relevant until 1 week has passed (max duration for a single contraction), unless you have Hospitals, and even then 6 ticks isn't a lot for Hospitals to have cured it. 20 casts is a bit frustrating but, totally within the realm of possibility.

Effect: Protects your land against Storms and Drought. Has a 20% chance of curing Plague (per cast).
    There is no promise NB will ever cure Plague, technically. An 80% chance that it won't cure it, each cast.

Since your post lacked a Suggestion:

Make plague have 'health' similar to Rituals, it would decay by ~0.005 (1/168) per tick, so that it would disappear naturally after one week, as it does now. Also make each cast of NB remove 5% of the Plague's health so it would take a maximum of 20 casts to heal. Keep the 20% chance to cure instantly each cast.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 08-10-2017 at 22:10.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    # of ticks gone by is not relevant until 1 week has passed (max duration for a single contraction), unless you have Hospitals, and even then 6 ticks isn't a lot for Hospitals to have cured it. 20 casts is a bit frustrating but, totally within the realm of possibility.

There is no promise NB will ever cure Plague, technically. An 80% chance that it won't cure it, each cast.

Make plague have 'health' similar to Rituals, it would decay by ~0.005 (1/168) per tick, so that it would disappear naturally after one week, as it does now. Also make each cast of NB remove 5% of the Plague's health so it would take a maximum of 20 casts to heal. Keep the 20% chance to cure instantly each cast.
    I like that suggestion.

Post Fiend

+1 for this

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kido View Post
    +1 for this
    What this guy said
    Hater of the people that have nothing constructive to say on forums.

Post Fiend

-1 if you want plague to last a week, instead of 24 hrs (1 uto month)
    +1 if you want plague to stay at 24 hrs and have a health bar that can be chipped away at. Hospitals should also have a flat removal rate (lower than NB) + chance to cure completely (as now)

hehe right, month not year- you got the idea :P i did say same duration as current i believe

Post Fiend
    A couple other possible suggestions for plague (since this thread is broadly titled "Plague")

1. Plague immunity
    After contracting and curing plague, your citizens have a natural immunity (until the virus mutates again). You are not able to contract plague within X hours of curing it. (my suggestion would be something short -- maybe 4 hours)

2. Hospitals
    Your dedication to the medical arts reduces the likelihood of a virulent plague spreading among your citizens. Instead of chance to cure plague, hospitals have a X% chance to prevent contracting plague. (again, this could be on the order of the current % chance to cure per tick). This would also differentiate between Nature's Blessing (spell with chance to cure and/or reduce duration) and hospitals (chance to prevent contraction).

Veteran
    Plague is great like it is. It isn't meant to be easy to cure. It's a great game feature. Love it.
    Long live Mehul!

I like your idea and hospitals should also attack plague the same way, as should the natural 48h cure do(ie plague looses ~2% health by itself every hour).
    The opposite end of this would that each time you contract plague(and you could contract it multiple times) it adds 100% health to your plague.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Post Fiend
    On the contrary, I did a 1-cast NB last war. I guess you got the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by elmoheadbutt View Post
    On the contrary, I did a 1-cast NB last war. I guess you got the other end.
    Indeed that happens, and quite often too. And human nature means that people forget those times, but you betcha that they remember all the times it took 20-30 successful casts :P

Another idea to bring more control to plague would be to make provinces with NB immune to it same as storm & droughts. That way you'd have to have more cooperation between attackers and TM to counter it, and people who slack gets punished for slacking.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Indeed that happens, and quite often too. And human nature means that people forget those times, but you betcha that they remember all the times it took 20-30 successful casts :P

Another idea to bring more control to plague would be to make provinces with NB immune to it same as storm & droughts. That way you'd have to have more cooperation between attackers and TM to counter it, and people who slack gets punished for slacking.
    That seems a little overly strong as there is already a personality to counter it. IF they wanted to go the route of a spell to keep Plague at bay, drop the plague cure chance from NB to 10%, and make a new spell that gives immunity with a duration around 3-5 hours. "Paladin's Health" or something of that nature. And an increased cure rate on it of 33% or 5 casts, whichever occurs first. Gives Paladin another support spell, but for the short duration and potential # of casts it would remain situational.

Maybe this spell should show on an SOT, or another op/spell to see what is currently affecting a province. So you know plague can not be contracted (would be really nice to see all spells affecting)

Post Fiend
    The above suggestion will just make things more complicated for no reason. If you don't like the randomness of NB, just make a new spell:

CURE PLAGUE - costs 15% mana, 5x rune cost of NB
    Cures plague.

Done.

Thread Information