Thread: War win science bonus

Veteran

War win science bonus

I liked the science bonus from WW. Maybe a scientist bonus from WW? I understand the need to redo science, but why take away that part of the WW bonus???
    Long live Mehul!

Post Fiend
    I've never received any sci bonus from WW, what bonus? Although i do like the suggestion, maybe the losing kd doesn't actually lose any of their scientists as sci is already hard/difficult to get get/keep but rather you get 2/3/4 scientists per tick for a duration...eg you have been awarded 10/20/30 etc extra science recruits and they will be recruited along with your base recruits or something! Wording not important but the bonus is.

At least make it so that we can increase sci spawn rate by other means, why can't we plunder/rob and bribe our new recruits to recruit faster? But this would make revelation and paladin's ability to cast on kd redundant.

Do something to make science easier to get and hold on too, yes books were abusable but this system makes science hard to get and takes time, by the time you're fully pumped the age is over! :/
    Last edited by Wolfric; 14-10-2017 at 08:08.

Forum Addict
    For reference:

Quote Originally Posted by Age 54 changes
    Winning a war will grant the following:
    +10% honor taken from the opponents honor pool
    100 books of science per acre based on your median province
    3 times your median provinces acres in spec credits
    Free building credits to the total of your current unbuilt acres

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    I liked the science bonus from WW. Maybe a scientist bonus from WW? I understand the need to redo science, but why take away that part of the WW bonus???
    The science bonus existed because you couldn't effectively run sci production in war and thus you were penalized for warring. Nowadays that's much less true so there isn't such a disparity between in war and out of war science production that you need to compensate for it by war win rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfric View Post
    Do something to make science easier to get and hold on too
    Yes I agree that science needs to be made a lot easier to hold on to, abducts needs to give significantly more gb protection and the base gains of abducts should be nerfed hard or hard-capped at 3-4 scientists.
    I however don't agree that it needs to be easier to get.

by the time you're fully pumped the age is over! :/
    That's by design
    Last edited by Elldallan; 15-10-2017 at 10:01.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Yes I agree that science needs to be made a lot easier to hold on to, abducts needs to give significantly more gb protection and the base gains of abducts should be nerfed hard or hard-capped at 3-4 scientists.
    I however don't agree that it needs to be easier to get.
    Yes, some kind of gb protection from multi-taps and multiple abducts would be good, also t/m's have it the hardest compared to attackers when they lose tons of scientists they have no easy way to get it back, they can't exactly retal the hit, so they are screwed.

Unis aren't all that effective either and yet they want to nerf them, not sure if the nerf was actually implemented this age or not but if it was unis need a boost not a nerf...I was running unis and got hit by an orc in aggressive stance, lost tons in a double tap, I'm sure I would have lost more without but I still lost a bucket load.

Off the top of my head, a paladin spell that protects scientists from abduct for a duration?

Give up the land bonus and you can have all the scientists and honor you want. Are we square?

Yes, some kind of gb protection from multi-taps and multiple abducts would be good, also t/m's have it the hardest compared to attackers when they lose tons of scientists they have no easy way to get it back, they can't exactly retal the hit, so they are screwed.

Unis aren't all that effective either and yet they want to nerf them, not sure if the nerf was actually implemented this age or not but if it was unis need a boost not a nerf...I was running unis and got hit by an orc in aggressive stance, lost tons in a double tap, I'm sure I would have lost more without but I still lost a bucket load.

Off the top of my head, a paladin spell that protects scientists from abduct for a duration?
    Yes TM's have it harder by not being able to abduct. I do think abducts should be an alternative way to producing scientists, not a clearly superior way and I think that it should yield about the same or somewhat less per day as a dedicated labspump with Revelation, but not anything more than that. Abducts is a much too easy way of boosting your sci.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Post Fiend
    Make abducts available from Unfriendly, Hostile and War only. This way, if you want to grab some scientists, you gotta commit as a KD.

Rogues/Heretics/Mystics/Paladins get Kidnap Scientists ops or spell, available in UF/Hostile/War. Easy to land, yields the same amount of scientists as abducts, but consumes all of your mana/stealth.

Thread Information