Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AoD exposé: Threats and coercion

Enthusiast
    Alliances are ran and have only pussies in them. There cowards who have to band together to feel safe and powerful. It destroyed utopia and went away but now cowards gather once again. Just pathetic and anyone that ever has played for me or with me in this alliance should feel shame. Just pathetic

Ummm..i like Diamonds,they are a girls best friend.

Post Demon
    come now they are just a bunch of scrub kingdoms who doesn't harm anyone I think there might even be more outside the t100 than inside, if you got a termed cf take it as them serving notice or something or explain that they can't break with 24 hours notice if that is in your terms.

Have not faced any difficulties in particulair with them, I think the tag can be disregarded unless you want to PK one of their kingdoms for an entire age, it is likely that it was only created to stand up for themself under such circumstances.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by umajon911 View Post
    Ehhhh I still feel there my be some actioning here. "Defensive Alliance". So im not allowed to wave you then? Or I am only allowed to wave you if I am smaller??
    No no, you can wave me. That's what I embrace.

I disagree with Coldhearted(I do respect and :) you) because I think these kingdoms have a players gauge. If you've been down here, these are some of the most cultured and even tempered players in the game. Being mature they recognize the threat of this small player base.

Oftentimes hardened war kingdoms can confuse these differences. There are some top players that understand this. We might lock horns like Zulu proposes, but it's because I expect fervent challenge. If I for some reason knocked a competitive kingdom off it's schedule I'll be the first to veer off and grant them respite. Mainly because I'm not playing for those age long goals.

Problems begin when a powerful kingdom doesn't have a sense of restraint. They claim it's a hard game, and it is. Thus alliance. You can't now say these alliances are comprised of cowards because of one on one nonsense. You're welcome to think what you want but the challenge idiom enforced by bullies is now applicable.

I know the argument is "my kingdom of active badasses". But my argument is anyone, anytime, anywhere, 1 on 1. It doesn't mean I think I'm the best, it means it doesn't matter who you are. Nobody wants to do that.

So I've spent time in micro-kingdoms letting anyone, anywhere, anytime take the 1st shot. My restraint is based in my respect for my kingdom and your kingdom. No harm intended, but there's no coward here.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 14-10-2017 at 00:54.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    Alliances are ran and have only pussies in them. There cowards who have to band together to feel safe and powerful. It destroyed utopia and went away but now cowards gather once again. Just pathetic and anyone that ever has played for me or with me in this alliance should feel shame. Just pathetic
    Alliances were necessary and added another fun element to the game. The issue now is the massive loss of players that makes them mostly unnecessary. I don't see a problem with a few smaller KDs banding together to feel safer, especially if it helps them from getting frustrated and quitting all together.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Alliances were necessary and added another fun element to the game. The issue now is the massive loss of players that makes them mostly unnecessary. I don't see a problem with a few smaller KDs banding together to feel safer, especially if it helps them from getting frustrated and quitting all together.
    Alliances are only necessary for the weak and pathetic. Game was designed to be a kingdom vs kingdom game. It morphed into more because people who couldn't compete or where cowards, cheats or bullies had no place to go or succeed. So they created alliances to some how feel important and compete. It's like the little man syndrome attitude towards life.

Veteran
    Alliances means gangbangs, razing into wars and lots of razekills. With an alliance, you're stepping away from 1vs1 wars. The good thing about this is that alliance wars are fun. Instead of getting chained, one gets killed. Different kd setups are more suited for these kind of wars. It's great to mix up the kind of play we've seen in the past few years. So if someone can get some kds to band together to oppose this alliance, you'd have a very fun age. I may be interested in joining that next age.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Post Demon
    @Uhm hoi when there is no indicator or indeed stories that AOD has performed any of those acts you speak of, if YOU want others to band together to do gangbangs and razekills into their kindoms then you are the one who is advocating such behaviour all because you are biased toward the concept of alliances.

These past two ages I've delt with many a kingdom, and I'll vouch for the fact that I in no way found the few AOD tagged kingdoms that I encountered any more difficuld than the others to deal with, in fact there is only one top kingdom that I would say have given me significant problems with a lot more of the smaller kingdoms not being able to handle that I take back what was mine despite a number and size disadvantage.

Not once did I get thretened or gb'ed from any AOD tagged kingdoms, and even if that had happened it is only the moment they want to bring outside allied kingdoms into the fight that they are abusing their alliance, since that is not the case I suppose they are simply tagging up to protect against the kingdoms that would use such tactics.

This thread makes me feel like we're back in time and I get to experience the old Utopia of alliance power struggle that I never had the chance to. @diamonds threads rarely get closed in this forum. As long as people post on topic here it doesn't matter if your misunderstanding is resolved.
    #bringbackalliancewars
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Veteran
    @Madchess
    If kd's aren't actively work together, it's not an alliance, just some kd's you're friendly with. That's no different than what most kd's in utopia have nowadays. But they do call themselves an alliance.

@Matija
    Exactly, and I'm pretty excited about that.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

I like to post
    I'm allied with BB. I intentionally played the game last age to make sure BB could crown. Astron paid me well for it so all's good. GB plox?

Needs to get out more
    What Madchess said. I think just the word "alliance" triggers people just like the name "Absalom".

What's interesting about it is the behavior denotes emotional trauma. Since I'm pre-Internet my ego reinforcement was honed through traditional means. Thus the effect I'm seeing are people who watched slasher flicks before their rubbery coping mechanisms could process mock violence. That is, there may be a subset of players who got into Utopia before they were ready.

So I'm seeing more violent reactions from certain players, like if I don't use a bot or strat funny. They come apart not realizing the in game failures can be overcome through adaptation. I've seen this in diplomacy where the opposing party isn't negotiating at all but still communicating: like a social short-circuit they need you to repair.

My hope is that everyone here is grounded. That this is just a game, but addictive. You can see my position is simply that the basic good not be forced out. Otherwise we play how we like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    nvm
    Last edited by Milkman; 14-10-2017 at 11:55.

Postaholic
    Well, this was entertaining whilst it lasted. AoD targetsharing within their alliance? Never. Diamonds would never stoop to doing such things. Except he used to. All the time. But then, so did a lot of alliances back in the day.
    ~~ S A N C T U A R Y ~~
    Rocking the top ages 30-57

"The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

Enthusiast
    those who have looked into it can clearly see aod kds have hit down kds in agreed war with other aod kds. i would say they are in fact target sharing or at least asking other aod kds to help them out.

Thread Information