Thread: In Game Chat Platform

In Game Chat Platform

I think we use Reverb as our current in-game chat platform?

Its pretty buggy, especially the Monarch Recruiting chat.

I'd like to suggest a different chat platform for in-game and perhaps it can facilitate interkd chatting as well for diplo?

Its called BlaB! and is built on php/Ajax
    https://justblab.com/blab-plus-pro-ajax-chat

It's quite lean, easy to manage but also has extra features that can be turned on/off.

There is only a small lifetime license fee and the source code can be modified to suit our needs.

Perhaps the admins can take a look to see if this is something worthwhile to implement for Utopia or not?

Post Fiend
    The in game chat could do with some improvements, we use slack but we also use in game chat too and as you say it's buggy, the main thing I'd like to see is the ability to edit/delete comments.

If your suggestion allows that then that's great as I think current chat obviously has some limitations which is why it is the way it is.

i can see how that might reduce some spam in the tiny chat window, but its not a dealbreaker on that chat. main thing is that you need to be able to scroll through it without going back to the most recent message as soon as you let go of the scroll bar. When I set that chat to expand into its own window, and then make it its own tab, it becomes a lot more useful other than you can't really look too far back in the chat because of the above

Thread Information