Thread: Next age

Post Fiend

Next age

Please make Dwarves good for something besides rogue. I mean come on, Dwarf rogue? The once mighty Dwarf race reduced to running around hiding in the dark.

I also can't figure out why you can't look at the changes you make and realize what everyone else does. Was it your plan to have half the server play UD/DE and the rest cleric? It took me all of 5 minutes to figure out that was going to happen when the changes came out. Please put an end to the Zombie Apocalypse.

Why we can't have more than 6 races? Hell, bring them all back...and shep, and artisan and even freak. Don't ever bring back happiness.

Fixing UD is easy, just nerf their ospecs some. Opsecs better than all other elites except Orc and Dryad and much harder to ambush (you could nerf that too) for a third the cost kinda makes them OP. Never mind being almost chain proof with AD/TW. Lose the pezzies and make soldiers to desert/dragon. It's like getting someone to FB you and aid you soldiers. I lost nothing. lol, just make sure you're on so you don't get PKed as in pezzie kill.

Dwarf is tank. One of the requirements for tank is to have an offense. The other is defense. You failed both miserably this age. What did you think was going to happen when they have the offense of a DE spec and the defense of an Avian? Sooo the die-hards played rogue because that's all they could do. As it turns out Dwarf can have highest tpa because of their ability to max TDs and keep them maxed. Really?

I don't know how important it is to anyone else, but I feel the races should stick to traditional roles for the most part. You wouldn't start making UDs eat food. Elves always have a magic bonus, Humans always have a science bonus, Orcs always do a lot of damage, Dwarves are always tanks, they always have good off/def elites (+1/-2 is bad). They didn't always have BE bonus, so that is really secondary. A nice BE bonus is nice, but you have to have something to put it on. Farms and stables eat a chunk of that bonus up. Dwarf should be able to pretty much function as all elite. Being reduced to playing rogue is a slap in the face to all that. Should have been 8/6, 7/7 or 6/8. At least 7/6, 6/7. Charge more, higher wages, w/e. I would trade 1/2 time free build for 8/6 or 7/7 elites in a heart beat. You could even extend the build time and give them a fort/GS bonus. They live in a mountain, be creative.

Sorry if that sounded a little *****y

edit:----------------------------^ really? lol

Enthusiast
    Dwarves were OP the age before so they over reacted and made them unplayable. Expect UD to get a big nerf this age.

In the age end announcement they are looking for test players, might be a good idea to join up and suggest things there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Expect UD to get a big nerf this age.

In past ages, when UD needed a nerf, they got a boost. I'm looking forward to the same again this time. Every player will be UD, but a variation of the role. UD Mage, UD Rogue, UD Attacker. All UD, All the time! "Age of Zombies"!
    Sponsored by AMC.

Post Fiend
    the only changed that needs to be done for dwarves to be useful again, is to improve their elite. 8/3 or 9/2 would be a HUGE improvement as an attacker, or you could go 6/6 and solidify them as a strong all-arounder.

Dyrads can be fixed too, drop that +25% attack time, that is just brutal then drop their elite to 12/1. You can still have them as the highest offense potential, and they still do the least damage, but at least now they aren't a mostly useless attacker.
    Last edited by LuckySports; 20-10-2017 at 02:35.

Post Fiend
    I don't think Dwarf elites have ever had more than 2 difference between off/def. They are usually the same or +/- 1.

Dryad can play tac and that cancels out. You want to play something else? That huge offense will cost attack time. yup, sounds right. Just like lower attack times costs smaller offense.

Post Fiend
    Tactician doesn't cancel out their +25%, it's a start, and barracks can help, but it doesn't negate the fact that dyrads are by far the best race to chain, since they can't recover nearly as quickly. Also, forcing a race to play a particular personality to be viable kind of kills their usefulness :P

Dwarf only MA - 2 mana per cast instead of 3 mana per cast.

Post Fiend
    .8 X 1.25 =1, so tac exactly cancels out the +25% attack time

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilmington View Post
    .8 X 1.25 =1, so tac exactly cancels out the +25% attack time
    Tactician bonus is 15%, not 20%

.85 x 1.25 = 1.06

or for better visbility, standard attack time in war is 12 hours, 10.2 with tact

10.2 x 1.25 = 12.75

And my point about making a race play a specific personality to be viable kills their usefulness still stands.

Post Fiend
    tac -15% now? That's not even worth it. That needs to go back to -20%. Halfling/Bocan Rogue, Human Sage, Dwarf Shep. You aren't forced to play something else, but that's what works best. It doesn't kill their usefulness. Bocan rogue is useful, Bocan WH, not so much.

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilmington View Post
    tac -15% now? That's not even worth it. That needs to go back to -20%. Halfling/Bocan Rogue, Human Sage, Dwarf Shep. You aren't forced to play something else, but that's what works best. It doesn't kill their usefulness. Bocan rogue is useful, Bocan WH, not so much.
    Just because you can't play Bocan/WH doesn't mean it's bad. Just because you are annoyed with a mechanic doesn't mean you have to ruin the game for others who are very happy with it (you see what I did there?).

Post Fiend
    Bocan and I have a whole other list of complaints against each other.. (Halfling was one of my favorite races back in the day) But at least Bocan has alternatives, (Heretic for example? maybe Sage, depends on your play-style)

Dyrad, is meant to be an attacker, which is only really an option, if you go tactician, and then they are STILL at a disadvantage in war, which is what most kingdoms are striving for this age, if partially to avoid being random-abducted into oblivion.

Post Fiend
    Just pick Dryad/Warrior. Have 10000 opa and build 50% GS. Max gains all war, you are the ultimate chainbait.

Thread Information