Thread: Fighting a Dragon gives honor

Post Fiend

Fighting a Dragon gives honor

Maybe just killing the Dragon. Or maybe 15 honor rewarded per 1 military units per acre. Just feels like its an honorable act, fighting the Dragon.

This is a good idea! It would definitely encourage people to build their prov properly to help dragon slaying. Also helps chained provinces that need to release be able to regain back the excessive amount of honor loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kido View Post
    Maybe just killing the Dragon. Or maybe 15 honor rewarded per 1 military units per acre. Just feels like its an honorable act, fighting the Dragon.
    This would be abused heavily and would be the defacto way to secure honor crown.
    #magi

Make it so that Dragons slaying only award honor points when in war and don't award so many points that it would be worth more than opping/attacking.

Post Fiend
    I worry that this would be highly abusable too, how will it work? What if the someone splits their army and sends in units, do they get rewarded for each unit that kills off x%, the idea is nice but can't see how it could be implemented without abuse and if it was I agree it should be a war only reward.

Maybe you only get rewarded for the first army unit sent, so if you send more afterwards you don't get rewarded for each unit sent again and again, and as Winter Lady said maybe have it so that's it's line line with t/m op/attack rewards?

Post Fiend
    Ok, restrict honor gain on dragon fighting to only in war and only if trained is sent (or maybe it scales to unit type). I mean, if you want to try to abuse the system, then you have to drop a big amount of troops on it to do it. There's not really an incentive right now to fighting the dragon, except to just go back to normal. In a system where fighting dragons rewards honor, then you'd still be dropping defense or offense in a war... which i mean, you can try to abuse it.. but in my experience people who drop mass amounts of troops on the dragon have either just been chained, or put themselves in the position where they might be. Having high honor also makes you a target.

I have never gone for the honor crown, but fighting a dragon has a cost to it, and thats in a definite number of troops, so i don't this would be abusable (which you are welcome to contradict with actual points). For say a fairy, with the numbers i've said above, dropping 1 dspa for 15 honor gain means dropping 6k raw defense (or 8k if its elites). There's a lot easier avenues for 15 honor, this one encourages team work, and its effect will help the KD.

Post Fiend
    Big provs get more honor for a flat bonus and chained targets get more for per acre bonus. Both methods could be exploited heavily.

You still would need to have someone send a dragon onto you, and for it to have decent HP (and thus reap decent Honor) you would need to have relations with said KD as well...

I am not sure this is the way to go, but I like the idea of a small individual reward for doing dmg to the Dragon, so as to inspire people to help their KD out, even if it is for selfish reasons!

PS - On a side note, I would like to see added to the History page(along with your province ranks and high-water marks), a "Dragons Slain" stat, for whomever is the one that deals the killing blows to Dragons over the course of the Age. This stat should reset with a Province and Age, but could be something fun to track on an Account basis, accumulating over the Ages, viewable on the player's Profile.

Thread Information