Thread: EOW CF 96 hours

I like to post

EOW CF 96 hours

Title said it:

Reason: makes it easier to war fast again and reduces vulturing thus also the need to CF everyone (esp in combination with my other suggestions).

I agree on this. 72 hours too little to recover for a deeply chained province. 96 hours EOWCF allows sufficient time to recover. Coupled with Prosperous stance for 3 days to look for a new war and convert build, it will make for a more active age!

Post Fiend
    I like this too, 72 just isn't enough for some, either the deeply chained guys or the ones that grew too fat, also maybe decrease build time too to help quicker recovery, if you're in a pretty bad shape and can't cast BB because you keep exploding seems ridiculous and unfair you have to wait 16hrs for your build to come in before you can even start to recover/rebuild, reduce it to at least 12hrs max without BB...thoughts?

It'd be nice if EOWCF could have the same advantages as prosperous for build/training cost and time. It would help income generate quicker and speed up recovery. Provs will be war ready again upon exiting EOWCF, thus encouraging more wars.

Now on the flip side, those of us who enjoy plundering gold and vulturing easy acres from kd's leaving war will no longer have targets ....

I can also see how advantages from EOWCF can be used to throw up massive explore efforts safely.

Also, I would suggest moving or adding the -50% build time/cost from prosp to EOWCF, or at least the build time. It makes sense to have reduced build time after a war when you're rebuilding. The build time is a huge factor in recovery time, since some deeply chained provinces may want to build mills to explore a bit. If they're waiting 12 hours for mills and then it takes 12 hrs to build those acres as they come in for 24 hrs, it could take as long as 48 hrs just for all your buildings to finish, and then you've only got 24 hrs left in EOWCF.

Post Fiend
    Prosperous build time makes more sense, I only suggested 12 hrs as thought it would not have much support but agree that build time is crucial during eowcf, so yes please reduce to similar build time as in prosperous, also allow us to raze queued buildings, nothing more annoying than building war buildings and then other kd wd's and you're stuck with it for 16-12 hrs until you can raze/rebuild again.

I know razing queued buildings has been suggested before with some support and some against it but at least offer it during eowcf, I can't see many objections to that from people, is it a coding thing as opposed to just being against the idea?

Post Fiend
    All buildings free 1st 24 hrs, bad spells gone, dragon 1/4.

edit: explore costs reduced for provs <1/4 land from start of war.

...or just 96 hrs...lol
    Last edited by Wilmington; 21-10-2017 at 18:43.

How about 84h? The 72h CF, but with Builders Boon build time (12h) tacked on to cancel that out.

I like the idea of RAZING buildings in progress. We get credits enough, even on a loss IMO, so build cost doesn't need to be changed.

Explore cost already takes size, as well as acres gained/lost/explored into account to some degree... I haven't really found the costs being an issue for me, even at +500% costs when you get chained hard its usually possible to explore +50% of your acres in the first 12h or so of CF if you play your cards right.

Post Fiend
    How about losing kd get more EOACF time. Say winners 72hr, losers 96hr

Why should the losing KD receive a potentially greater bonus?

Post Fiend
    Since they have to rebuild more?

From my own experience, 72 hours is enough for winners to come out of war decently defended.

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    Why should the losing KD receive a potentially greater bonus?
    I think the game should benefit if there was a consolation prize that helps a loosing kingdom after a completed war; weather or not said bonus is a longer EOWCF or not, I'm not sure, but maybe?
    #magi

Post Fiend
    What about the winning kd that ends up land fat and only has 72 hrs, don't they also need more time to defend the land otherwise what was the point of warring to grow? Both kds should receive the same amount of eowcf time, and I think the OP suggestion is spot on, 96hrs for everyone, with the existing option to exit sooner if you wish.

Particularly now that there is no Science bonus for WWs, there is little benefit to the CF period for the winner, relative to the loser. If there is going to be a difference in the amount of time each can use, then there needs to be some difference between the winner's CF effects and the loser's. It could be small differences, something like the Loser CF only gets +200% BR bonus, and gets NO draft cost bonus(because who wants to be drafted into your ranks, loser?).

For myself currently, as an attacker I find that in a losing situation 72h is generally enough time to get yourself a bare minimum of defence, and the majority of my Elite training done, which is really all I need. The extra 12h as I suggested above I would feel that I should be nearly fully trained every time, even after a loss. For TMs the story can be a bit different on rebuilding, Wizards take time, whether its in CF or not, and that's all their is to it.

96h just seems like too much to me nowadays, people already complain about 'stagnation' ...

Post Fiend
    A shorter EOWCF will just lead to more stagnation, since KDs will try to pump in less than ideal conditions (prosp/normal stances as supposed to EOWCF). I say 96h EOWCF, and this is coming from someone who doesn't need 96h to pump.

Thread Information