Thread: Fix plague

Fix plague

The plague has a bug.
    Provinces with hospitals and using NB and still unable to remove the plague after 14 hours. Yet a spell like chastity which has the same peasant growth effects only lasts a few ticks. It is a massive bug in the game that plague lasts far too long and one as an attacker needs to play either Undead or the cleric personality, if other things in the game don't work. It is a killer of hybrids.
    It should last the same length as chastity which in itself is a far weaker thing than plague.
    It is a joke, players affected and who can't fix it are fed up of the overpowered length and effects.
    Great for Undead and clerics, but it is like a developers bug in the game at this stage.

You are just focusing on it too much, its not that big of a deal.

UD was really popular pick this Age, so you're gonna get plague. Bank on it lasting 24h and be happy if it doesn't!

Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    You are just focusing on it too much, its not that big of a deal.

UD was really popular pick this Age, so you're gonna get plague. Bank on it lasting 24h and be happy if it doesn't!
    That is not the point.
    It is way overpowered, it is preventing diversity in the game.

Then fix UD so they aren't the overwhelming pick, problem solved.

edit: I've warred v Undead without being UD or Cleric, at some point you just have to realize that its in your interest to focus more on winning your War, rather than curing your Plague. Its a pain in the butt, as I imagine a Plague should be
    Last edited by RattleHead; 20-10-2017 at 16:49.

Then fix UD so they aren't the overwhelming pick, problem solved.

edit: I've warred v Undead without being UD or Cleric, at some point you just have to realize that its in your interest to focus more on winning your War, rather than curing your Plague. Its a pain in the butt, as I imagine a Plague should be
    I tried some NB, had my hospitals. I had to live with it, as the cures are useless a lot of the time.
    Sure near 36% of the server is Undead as the developers got this age so wrong.
    Another 16% are cleric, so over half the server is playing race or personality to avoid the most overpowered thing in the game, Undead's and their plague.

I feel your pain with that plague!

Maybe increase it so that NB has a 25% or 30% of curing the plague. I think you're just a victim of randomness, I've had plague that cures on its own in 1 tick with no hospitals and NB that cures it on the first cast. That being said I've also gone the full 24 hours before (during eowcf) and it was painful. So now I just assume 24 hours plague and instead enjoy it when I can spread it to non UDs that hit me or that I hit. :)

As for devs getting it "wrong" this age, I disagree. There is a a race thats overwhelmingly popular every age because people often get suckered into thinking one is overpowered and choose that.

I did not choose UD and definitely feel that my choice far outweighs UD in both hitting power, ease of province pump, heavy chain perseverance as well as maximizing science quickly. It basically comes down to play style and preference. I felt that the devs had a pretty balanced race setup this age.
    Last edited by Winter Lady; 20-10-2017 at 17:31.

Post Fiend
    Plague is was it has always been, a pain in the butt. It doesn't need fixing, neither does NB. You can't take a new spell like chastity and use that as justification to change something that's been around forever.

Rattlehead is correct. The problem with plague is not the plague itself, but how OP UDs are. The more OP UDs are, the more plague, so the more Clerics. Everyone knew that was going to happen this age which is why 2/3 of the attackers were UD or Cleric. Most of the 1/3 that didn't suffered in silence because they knew they would just have to live with plague from the start. There's no n00bs here. A race isn't overwhelmingly popular because it's stylish.

Far outweighs UD in hitting power? That can only be Orc or Dryad. Nothing comes close to heavy chain perseverance like UD with AD/TW. It's freakin automatic. Come on.

Post Fiend
    When you are in war, and is chained etc, plague has no meaning at all lol, you can be 3x 4x even without plague.

Plague can be a war breaker in some cases though, but that makes war more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
    When you are in war, and is chained etc, plague has no meaning at all lol, you can be 3x 4x even without plague.

Plague can be a war breaker in some cases though, but that makes war more interesting.
    When it removes 150K def and you can't cure it with random hospitals and random NB as your only non cleric options, and it opens you up to many other attackers, and nothing else in the game can do the same, then it is an overpowered issue.
    It can destroy a province, no single thing done in the game is anywhere near as powerful.

Well, it removes a % of defence that is the same for everyone... if the only thing you are relying on in your province is defence, I am afraid you will be outmatched more often than not anyways.

If you put all your eggs in that basket, when that basket gets Plague it is definitely going to be a bad day for you. OOW you need offence to deter hits through fear of retaliation, in War you need offence so that when you do get Plague, or Ops etc., you still have a leg to stand on. If you can't hit and don't have much for TPA/WPA ... you will just be consumed and have almost 0 recourse.

In a Warring situation if you got Plague, you had to either get broken cleanly to begin with, or you hit someone who had Plague from an UB position (DANGER WILL ROBINSON!), if the former; more hits were likely inevitable already. If the latter than I guess you will have to sleep in the bed you have made for yourself.

Although I assumed you to be more like a 5k acre Human sitting on a pile of Homes and Forts, with mostly DSpecs or something along these lines. :P

Well, it removes a % of defence that is the same for everyone... if the only thing you are relying on in your province is defence, I am afraid you will be outmatched more often than not anyways.

If you put all your eggs in that basket, when that basket gets Plague it is definitely going to be a bad day for you. OOW you need offence to deter hits through fear of retaliation, in War you need offence so that when you do get Plague, or Ops etc., you still have a leg to stand on. If you can't hit and don't have much for TPA/WPA ... you will just be consumed and have almost 0 recourse.

In a Warring situation if you got Plague, you had to either get broken cleanly to begin with, or you hit someone who had Plague from an UB position (DANGER WILL ROBINSON!), if the former; more hits were likely inevitable already. If the latter than I guess you will have to sleep in the bed you have made for yourself.

Although I assumed you to be more like a 5k acre Human sitting on a pile of Homes and Forts, with mostly DSpecs or something along these lines. :P
    Well I don't rely on defence only, I rely on off too.

From what I have seen this age, if you get plague and you can't cure it, your province gets destroyed, even if you do attack. It would be a major improvement if curing it was not based on randomness, and the maximum length for plague got reduced.

Apologies for being obstinate, its just a mechanic that has been around a long time and it seems to have been thought of as fair/acceptable to this point. These threads come up in clusters it seem, there are several right now some with good suggestions that are similar to what you are thinking, I believe. This (multiple threads) also makes it more frustrating because it reads as someone getting plague, being annoyed, and then coming here to vent that the whole game needs to change because THEY got Plague.

If you are in a situation where you are Warring regularly, the majority of players should expect to have their provinces reduced to rubble a couple times each Age. When I play attacker, I expect to be more or less destroyed in every other War, and when I lead I inform my minions that they should expect the same... The beauty is that you can rebuild. If you are targeted like that you should just take it as a compliment, you've built a threatening province, but accept your fate in the conflict and come back stronger the next time.

If you aren't Warring, getting Plague can sting, but if your province gets 'destroyed' OOW just because you got Plague, you have provinces management issues I think.

Thread Information