Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bart banned?

Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    If hawk had any integrity he'd delete you for this post alone.
    Why? Because I TV to my home comp from work? Seems legit

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    I am sure there is a perfectly plausible explanation that makes the use of team viewer absolutely okay to use...for some.
    Jup. So I had access to IRC without the need to use a webbased client or instaal IRC at work. Plausible enough?

Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    Jup. So I had access to IRC without the need to use a webbased client or instaal IRC at work. Plausible enough?
    X-logggaaaaaahhhh!

Why? Because I TV to my home comp from work? Seems legit
    The use of any tools that can be used to circumvent the rules should be banned, though, and were previously. Zawk enjoys changing the rules and ToS every time they or their friends get into hot water though so I wont bother confirming but previously, all proxies were banned because they facilitated cheating, for example.

Now you're using a tool with the same capability (essentially operating as CCproxy would), but 'its ok i swear i dont cheat'.

Hawk credibility is zero given your repeated admissions in this thread that you use it.

Forum Addict
    The use of any tools that can be used to circumvent the rules should be banned, though, and were previously.

A keyboard can be used to circumvent the rules.

Regular
    The use of any tools that can be used to circumvent the rules should be banned, though, and were previously. Zawk enjoys changing the rules and ToS every time they or their friends get into hot water though so I wont bother confirming but previously, all proxies were banned because they facilitated cheating, for example.

Now you're using a tool with the same capability (essentially operating as CCproxy would), but 'its ok i swear i dont cheat'.

Hawk credibility is zero given your repeated admissions in this thread that you use it.

....You do understand that TV can be used for more than x-logging, right?

Scribe
    so two people logging in from a shared IP at for example a college seems fishy and is too easily abused...but accessing a device remotely is beyond reproach and therefor okay to use?
    Logging in via proxy is a major problem but team viewer is different?
    I don't use team viewer so maybe I am wrong here but doesn't team viewer prevent seeing which ip the account is actually controlled from?
    I am sure all that use team viewer currently are absolutely honorable and would never share account info in order to control a province that isn't on their personal account. But isn't there a huge danger of abuse if someone were to share account information with a team viewer user so he/she could log into that province undetected?

Regular
    Bunch of trollz

so two people logging in from a shared IP at for example a college seems fishy and is too easily abused...but accessing a device remotely is beyond reproach and therefor okay to use?
    I don't use team viewer so maybe I am wrong here but doesn't team viewer prevent seeing which ip the account is actually controlled from?
    I am sure all that use team viewer currently are absolutely honorable and would never share account info in order to control a province that isn't on their personal account. But isn't there a huge danger of abuse if someone were to share account information with a team viewer user so he/she could log into that province undetected?
    Teamviewer/proxy/vpn etc will all mask the IP equally well. Teamviewer has the added advantage of using the province owner's own mac address, browser, screen size, cookies, etc which can also be tracked and used against you. It also won't blatantly show up as a proxy (not that all proxies or vpns do either). For the purposes of this argument though they are fundamentally the same thing. (mods, feel free to edit this part out if it's too much detail - not sure where the line is)

It's all super bad stuff and should be banned. Idk why people need sitters all the time anyway; I haven't had one since age 50.
    Last edited by octobrev; 26-10-2017 at 01:32.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Then lets ban all mobile devices.

I never made a secret out of having/being xlogged, most people did that anyway. We're talking years back into a pre-sitting time where there was no legit alternative.
    I however, haven't given out my TV info in years nor have I logged onto someones TV.

You're correct that its abusable, but questionable how much its needed when you can set a sitter. But mobile devices are also abusable as well as other tools like VPN.

I dont see anything wrong using TV as long as its not for abuse. Same with a VPN; some use them to get different stuff on their Netflix.

Scribe
    Then lets ban all mobile devices.
    mobile devices have a unique signature though if I am not mistaken. They do not give you the ability to log into someone else's account undetected. (not saying that you do that).

The issue I see is
    Person a is at work...logs into his account from work.
    Person b sitting next to person a at work logs into his account from his work computer also.
    Now both a and b could be deleted or at the very least they cannot interact with the same province, regardless of if they are playing in the same kingdom or if they even know the other one is playing utopia.
    Person c is in the same office and uses teamviewer to log into his account via his home computer. He doesn't get as much as a slap on the hand.
    Person d , also same office, uses teamviewer to log into his own account and his kingdom mate's account because that province got hit hard and he isn't in a position to log himself to prevent troop loss for example.
    I understand that it's hard or maybe impossible to detect. But shouldn't it at least in theory be against the rules? Shouldn't the few cases where people admit to, or sometimes even brag about usage be punished the same way someone using a proxy,vpn etc is?

I never made a secret out of having/being xlogged, most people did that anyway. We're talking years back into a pre-sitting time where there was no legit alternative.
    I understand, you had no choice, you had to cheat, not your fault.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    I understand, you had no choice, you had to cheat, not your fault.
    Well you can relate after all. One cheater to another

I know, right? There was no alternative, I feel sorry for protector in a way.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Thread Information