Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Appeal

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xist View Post
    Give me an example from this age?
    Sure I will bite, Bart gave sleepy a free war win right out of protection. Fast forward Spartans beat sleepy in a war and might have won a second war if bio wouldn't have farmed out to sleepy. So some could say Bart fake warred the one growth kingdom that he knew Spartans could beat and probably got a sweet cf deal out of it as well for Spartans. So again Bart abusing war stance to further his goals and Spartans benefit from him cheating.

It isn't cheating to farm a kingdom out to another kingdom unless the other kingdom is part of the planning or you're using a multi to do it. That sort of event would traditionally be up to the community to police.

Having played multiple provinces in both CR and Spartans, I am of the opinion that Bart doesn't cheat any more than the other topish kingdoms. He's simply more honest about it. He isn't being punished for cheating; he's being punished for being honest about cheating.

Please give him his province back or I'll take the open spot. It's a mountain of trouble either way!
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SnirpsneR View Post
    plenty of chances. Yet they wait till hes just talking a ****load. And then use the cheating crap.
    This is the issue. Bart deserves a forum ban sure, but to have 2 well known cheaters suddenly ban him from the game for " years of cheating" is ridiculous.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    This is the issue. Bart deserves a forum ban sure, but to have 2 well known cheaters suddenly ban him from the game for " years of cheating" is ridiculous.
    Why?

At worst it's hypocritical, but that doesn't make it wrong. A smoker telling another smoker that smoking is bad for you and you should stop isn't giving out bad advice.

You guys are missing the picture. Lets put it like this a felon, have a history of assault and then one day his charged with another assault charge. Dont you think his previous track record would put him at disadvantages when getting a sentences? Same thing here.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Why?

At worst it's hypocritical, but that doesn't make it wrong. A smoker telling another smoker that smoking is bad for you and you should stop isn't giving out bad advice.
    More like a smoker kills the other smoker because he smokes too.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    You guys are missing the picture. Lets put it like this a felon, have a history of assault and then one day his charged with another assault charge. Dont you think his previous track record would put him at disadvantages when getting a sentences? Same thing here.
    Was he currently cheating this age?

So what you are saying that in a court nobody ever look at previous record?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradise View Post
    More like a smoker kills the other smoker because he smokes too.
    That's most definitely not more accurate.

Enthusiast
    What are you having trouble understanding here? Or are you just being purposely obtuse?

The example you gave to differentiate Barts previous cheating from that of Hawk and Zauper is that he "ha[s] a history of assault and then one day his charged with another assault charge."

Your comparison implies that he did something wrong again. If that is the case then I agree that he would be deserving of deletion.

Post Fiend
    Correct. Then why are the judge's previous record being looked at?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    He's just a player, owners should uphold a higher standard, not because they have to but because they should care about their players. Why is this so damn difficult? Players should feel safe if they follow the rules, not fear the ownership. They are in a position to lead by example and you can see players taking on their bad habits already. Really poor display, if it's at all possible I appeal to the new owners to change their approach, it's the right thing to do. You want to lead with good will not with fear. Dividing the community is something a dictator would want, not someone actually caring for the game.
    So what you're saying is that if people don't break the rules they shouldn't be actioned? We'd agree. Don't break the rules and there are no worries. Break the rules and there are. Consistently and aggressively break the rules, and there really are. Bart should have been permabanned long ago, we kept giving him chances because he would apologize and repent for a while. He pushed it too far this time, and he's gone. Read the rules, his post broke them. Simple as that, on top of his prior cheating this age.

To clarify: this conversation is done. We are not reinstating Bart.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    I started playing a little earlier than this forum account has been created. It was age 64 in a ghetto called "The End". Before that I coasted trying to random into a nice KD for a few days. That's it... I played for a few weeks years ago, got hit once and ragequit(lol) - that's how I knew about Utopia in the first place when I "seriously" started playing it. Just wanted to play a game that emphasized on the "playing with other people" part.

My username is Teeto.
    Here we are:
    Usernames:
    ThisTimeForSure, UsernameNotTaken, DoctorLove, SuperD, matija, QTPie, IIIIIII, MatijaWithLove, Bypass, IRDumb
    Are all your accounts. More than one of these was created in 2009, and all of them were deleted for multi'ing.
    Last edited by JeffT; 23-10-2017 at 18:26.

They would look at it as a reference. Not basis for the today's hearing. You don't get prosecuted for the crimes you did previously until proven guilty for the crimes you did today.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    From terms of use:
    "(iii) not use the Site or Service to defame, abuse, harass, threaten or otherwise violate the legal right of others"

Constantly accusing the owners of foul play definitely violates that term, so yea, he was cheating (in so far as breaking the terms)

What are you having trouble understanding here? Or are you just being purposely obtuse?

The example you gave to differentiate Barts previous cheating from that of Hawk and Zauper is that he "ha[s] a history of assault and then one day his charged with another assault charge."

Your comparison implies that he did something wrong again. If that is the case then I agree that he would be deserving of deletion.
    Did Zauper or fake Hawk cheat or break the rules now? Then it would be a valid concern but since they didnt (None of them plays afaik)

He did, he was trying to imply or sucessfully doing so that the Game owners do treat people differently. Not the first time he tried to rile up the public by make such accusations nor making false statements to undermine the game owners.

Thread Information