Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Appeal

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearted View Post
    Honestly I think you guys got off light. If I would have bought the game I would have deleted Spartans entire kingdom and banned them for life. Every age since Spartans where created have cheated in some form.
    Give me an example from this age?
    'We bow down before no man.' - Ancient Spartans
    ~Fury of Sparta~

At this point I won't even bother to argue to provide proof of that Coldhearted, join the bandwagon, sure. Anyway, I haven't had 10 accounts or played for that long, not that it matters.
    Age 65 - FreeakStyle - FeyrPlay Alliance Win - Dwarves Stole My Bike
    Age 66 - FreeakStyle - #1 Honor & Warring Kingdom - Making FS Great Again
    Age 67 - BeastBlood - #1 Honor Human(Prince) - Steve from Walmart
    Age 68 - BeastBlood ft OldSchool - #1 Honor Kingdom & Avian - We Are All Feyr
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    So what, you make your definitions of words to suit your own story? Truly fascinating. But you should really be upset how your account details are visible for everyone to see in the forums then. I mean how dare they publish your account details like that!
    Huh? What a "story" are you talking about? Point is JeffT publicly revealed Matija's history of deletions without providing any evidence at all. Matija, by Zauper's own admission, was banned at the time so couldn't even respond to the allegations, which were obviously meant only to smear (or, better, "defame") him and to publicly embarrass him or something. Why else post info like that in the public forums, especially while he was banned at the time? The post was also 100% off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by the juice man View Post
    Huh? What a "story" are you talking about? Point is JeffT publicly revealed Matija's history of deletions without providing any evidence at all. Matija, by Zauper's own admission, was banned at the time so couldn't even respond to the allegations, which were obviously meant only to smear (or, better, "defame") him and to publicly embarrass him or something. Why else post info like that in the public forums, especially while he was banned at the time? The post was also 100% off topic.
    Hey, stop, don't want to get deleted.
    Age 69 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Kingdom in The History of Utopia - Clever Use of Words
    Age 70 - Ancient Spartans - #1 Land(25325 acres) & NW Faery - Spartan of Redeeming Qualities

You have your own agenda thats why you try to spin this all. Like how you want to spin that Zauper shared account details, which he didnt. You want to smear him or "defame" him, lul. You post currently are 100% off topic, why dont you live as you preach? Hypocrite.

But I would guess the master account Matija is using has an history to it.

He's just a player, owners should uphold a higher standard, not because they have to but because they should care about their players. Why is this so damn difficult? Players should feel safe if they follow the rules, not fear the ownership. They are in a position to lead by example and you can see players taking on their bad habits already. Really poor display, if it's at all possible I appeal to the new owners to change their approach, it's the right thing to do. You want to lead with good will not with fear. Dividing the community is something a dictator would want, not someone actually caring for the game.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xist View Post
    July 19 of YR9 The Lords of Utopia have swept down upon the province NiceOne (7:20) and crushed it.

I would like to request that the destroying of this province be reversed. I understand your issues with bart and that you feel the need to remove him from both forums and game, but one of our players stood up so that bart could play with the kingdom which lasted one week roughly before his "violation". While I do not agree with banning someone permanently in game for their words in a forum, I believe punishing a kingdom even more for something they themselves were not involved in is wrong. So this is my formal open request to reverse what I believe to be a wrong reason for deletion.
    Hi Xist,

To be clear: Sparta is not being punished, this will not impact your end of age rankings. However, Bart's removal from the game is the result of years of cheating, on top of his actions this age to both push the limits of what is allowed, and intentionally ruin the game experience for new players in the game. Frankly, it was overdue. At some point, you need to recognize that trying to be the edgy guy that pushes the limit of what's acceptable backfires. And when you push it too far too often, it's time to go.

I do not expect his province will be restored, even if it were empty of player, but we will discuss. This is no different from if one of your former players had given up his province and a multi taken it and gotten deleted.

Can you imagine Mehul ever sharing an individual player's account details (real or fabricated or mistaken) with the community?
    I can recall several occasions on which he did. In one such case, someone called him out publicly for deleting his prov when he was 'legit' (not traded/multi) and Mehul asked him to name the state in the US in which his province was created from, he failed to do so correctly (as he was from Sweden), and then later posted that he had made the account while on holiday visiting his family in Florida, and Mehul re-instated his account. That's PII. That someone created accounts previously? That's not.

If you don't believe me, here's a link: https://forums.utopiatemple.com/showthread.php?t=47680. Utopiatemple only saved a portion of the whole conversation.

@Matija -- if you really want me to share it, pm me your current username so I can look it up in reference.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    He's just a player, owners should uphold a higher standard, not because they have to but because they should care about their players. Why is this so damn difficult? Players should feel safe if they follow the rules, not fear the ownership. They are in a position to lead by example and you can see players taking on their bad habits already. Really poor display, if it's at all possible I appeal to the new owners to change their approach, it's the right thing to do. You want to lead with good will not with fear. Dividing the community is something a dictator would want, not someone actually caring for the game.
    Its pretty sad that you want encourage bad behavior, you want to encourage cheating, harassements, people getting falsey accused etc. You are better off making your own path rather than trying to hold on to Bart so hard.

Ive also seen Mehul lay down the law and publically out someone. It didnt happend often but it did happen on occassions now might been Blake as well I guess.
    Last edited by Korp; 23-10-2017 at 16:53.

I started playing a little earlier than this forum account has been created. It was age 64 in a ghetto called "The End". Before that I coasted trying to random into a nice KD for a few days. That's it... I played for a few weeks years ago, got hit once and ragequit(lol) - that's how I knew about Utopia in the first place when I "seriously" started playing it. Just wanted to play a game that emphasized on the "playing with other people" part.

My username is Teeto.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Its pretty sad that you want encourage bad behavior, you want to encourage cheating, harassements, people getting falsey accused etc. You are better off making your own path rather than trying to hold on to Bart so hard.

Ive also seen Mehul lay down the law and publically out someone. It didnt happend often but it did happen on occassions now might been Blake as well I guess.
    Who's holding onto Bart. I'm my own person, voicing my opinion. The new ownership is making many mistakes. They would be foolhardy to think they know how to do this right of the bat as they obviously haven't had proper prior experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsMatija View Post
    Who's holding onto Bart. I'm my own person, voicing my opinion. The new ownership is making many mistakes. They would be foolhardy to think they know how to do this right of the bat as they obviously haven't had proper prior experience.
    Unlike you that have run multiple internet text based strategy games?

The username is Teeto.

It's about running a business and leading people, that's exactly the point they missed. I mean they can run it like a "game they own" but then they should be clear about that.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    Hi Xist,

To be clear: Sparta is not being punished, this will not impact your end of age rankings. However, Bart's removal from the game is the result of years of cheating, on top of his actions this age to both push the limits of what is allowed, and intentionally ruin the game experience for new players in the game. Frankly, it was overdue. At some point, you need to recognize that trying to be the edgy guy that pushes the limit of what's acceptable backfires. And when you push it too far too often, it's time to go.

I do not expect his province will be restored, even if it were empty of player, but we will discuss. This is no different from if one of your former players had given up his province and a multi taken it and gotten deleted.

I can recall several occasions on which he did. In one such case, someone called him out publicly for deleting his prov when he was 'legit' (not traded/multi) and Mehul asked him to name the state in the US in which his province was created from, he failed to do so correctly (as he was from Sweden), and then later posted that he had made the account while on holiday visiting his family in Florida, and Mehul re-instated his account. That's PII. That someone created accounts previously? That's not.

If you don't believe me, here's a link: https://forums.utopiatemple.com/showthread.php?t=47680. Utopiatemple only saved a portion of the whole conversation.

@Matija -- if you really want me to share it, pm me your current username so I can look it up in reference.

Was the reason for his province being deleted due to being a multi? If that's the reason for him being deleted then I can't argue it. But this is something we weren't aware of. To my knowledge it was based on his forum actions and ban. The amount of time and effort put into that province by him was minuscule, hence it affects us far more than it affects him.
    'We bow down before no man.' - Ancient Spartans
    ~Fury of Sparta~

Got some stuff to do, will be back later to see what "you have on me". Fact is I created many accounts while trying to land in a decent KD because I didn't want to wait the 24h period, I have played since 2015, that's when this account was created. I suppose if you create more accounts you get flagged. I used them just to land into some KD before I joined "The End" through this forum. Made a temporary account with like a total of 5 posts for that which I don't know the username or password for anymore. So yeah big bad cheater Matija, deceiving everyone... Created a couple more accounts than he should have when he didn't know squat about Utopia or if he even wants to play it trying to land in decentish kingdom. I bet your game is ruined by my actions.

Enthusiast
    How can admins delete people for cheating over the ages, while they themselves cheated hardcore... (or in case of Hawk who denies any cheating, willingly played in kingdoms who cheated)

Thread Information