Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MRW 1:1 is for admins and news reporters

Postaholic
    I personally am against the microkingdoms they have atm where they abuse kd nw diff to get retarded gains against kds much larger than them. Sorry, but it's a game for 25-man teams. If you want to play in a smaller kingdom, you're playing the wrong game.
    ~~ S A N C T U A R Y ~~
    Rocking the top ages 30-57

"The phrase... 'Who's your daddy?'... comes to mind"

Post Demon
    simple way to fix 2 get rid of rkdnw protection for kingdoms that opt not to be merged.

I can say for sure I would take that trade if it ment no merge since I play in a shell kingdom because I can not commit to being fully active at all times while I need to focus on other things in life more. Getting rid of rkdnw protection will make it a bit harder to do well, but it won't make playing the way I want to impossible.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Complete details are not fully decided at the moment while we evaluate feedback on the subject.

My position is that the game is designed to be played at Kingdom size of 25 and all Kingdoms should strive to reach that number to be competitive. Kingdoms that stay small in province number are this way normally for 1 of 2 reasons; 1) they don't have anyone there to lead, or do but can't get the potential active players to commit and start building the Kingdom up; or 2) they are purposely staying small in number to take advantage of RKDNW mechanics against larger Kingdoms. Both of these reasons are reason enough for me to merge these Kingdoms to build full size Kingdoms that can begin playing the game as designed.
    Get us a bigger playing base then. The idea kingdoms are purposefully staying smaller then 25 players is laughable. It's hard to keep 22 people every age, let alone 25. The truth is most 25 man kingdoms have 2 to 4 players who do general matnience on a province and set sitters during conflicts. Same goes for 22 man kingdoms. My kingdoms have had such massive turnovers I finally said screw it and disbanded last age. Tired of spending time, money and energy recruiting, teaching and sitting players just to keep 22-25 players. So I joined a new ghetto, this new ghetto can't even fill to 22. Because frankly it's hard to find anyone that even wants to play this game anymore. Anyways force merging is the worst idea I have ever heard Lol. Mergers are tough and always result in people quiting.

While I agree that kingdom sizes are best kept at 25 maximum, I do not think that it should be forced on people to play in full kingdoms.

It was Mehul's original intention that kingdoms be comprised of 25 random individuals, but Utopia has long since shifted away from that ideal.

The original 'micro' kingdoms were not designed to abuse mechanics, they were designed to allow handfuls of friends to play together casually. Largely, this idea has persisted among shell/micro kingdoms. The use of mechanics to their advantage is just a consequence of the fact the game does not encourage or reward bullying of larger kingdoms.

So first of all, I'd argue that forcibly merging all small kingdoms runs contrary to the idea of team-and-friend based kingdoms and connections and would probably negatively impact the 'retired' segment of the playerbase. Which happens to be both experienced and socially active, publicly or privately.

Next, I'd agree with the above posters who are saying that it'd make life infinitely more difficult for ghettos looking to build kingdoms. There is no assurance that these forced mergers will end peacefully or productively.

And lastly, tying into the above, I'd say that it's a shame that your friends ASF and Bart decided to militarize micro kingdoms to ****play themselves to crowns and now you're taking it out on the most vulnerable segment of the playerbase.

Post Fiend
    Has player base increased in last two ages? if not i would look to 22 man kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon KT View Post
    I personally am against the microkingdoms they have atm where they abuse kd nw diff to get retarded gains against kds much larger than them. Sorry, but it's a game for 25-man teams. If you want to play in a smaller kingdom, you're playing the wrong game.
    Large part of your career you probably didn't play the game as intended so why is it important now?

Postaholic
    i agree with alot of the posters here, forcing ghettos together with other ghettos dont lead to 25 people kingdoms, it lead to kingdom of internal fights and players leaving or restarting some where else, leaving the merges strugling still.

Director of Age Changes
    DavidC is still salty about 5man kds.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

This plan certainly does not inspire me with confidence -- concerning the new game owners.
    #magi

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    simple way to fix 2 get rid of rkdnw protection for kingdoms that opt not to be merged.

I can say for sure I would take that trade if it ment no merge since I play in a shell kingdom because I can not commit to being fully active at all times while I need to focus on other things in life more. Getting rid of rkdnw protection will make it a bit harder to do well, but it won't make playing the way I want to impossible.
    Yup seems logical. You are given the option to play in a larger KD and by declining it you sacrifice the mechanics that a lot of the small KDs intentionally abuse.

Post Demon
    Took it uppon myself to find out just how many kingdoms are currently below 10 players and how many provinces that is in total.

Beside Game administration and a few empty kingdoms only 16 kingdoms fit that description.

9:2 (2), 8:3 (2), 7:4 (3), 1:7 (5), 8:7 (2), 8:8 (4) this kingdom is not eligible as it is within t100, but much of the age we was not. 1:9 (8), 3:10 (2), 6:10 (5) Wsk disbanded atleast for the age, so normally it would not be one, what is left is likely randoms recieved before the members had all left, none look active. 5:12 (1), 9:12 (6), 8:13 (5), 8:14 (1), 7:19 (1), 9:19 (3) looks newly formed. 8:20 (7).

In total 57 provinces with a good number of them looking abandonned, or 45 if we do not count the 3 kingdoms I left a note on. Most other kingdoms below 22 will have chances to get new players unless they opt out using the wall.

Forced merges will have a chance to create a grand total of less than 3 full 25 player kingdoms, so I really do not think this is a reason to take away those peoples way of playing. Beside the one guy in 5:12 who by the way only grew because he started with more players and could get wars then, no one really played any role in relations to the outcome of this age.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    Took it uppon myself to find out just how many kingdoms are currently below 10 players and how many provinces that is in total.

Beside Game administration and a few empty kingdoms only 16 kingdoms fit that description.

9:2 (2), 8:3 (2), 7:4 (3), 1:7 (5), 8:7 (2), 8:8 (4) this kingdom is not eligible as it is within t100, but much of the age we was not. 1:9 (8), 3:10 (2), 6:10 (5) Wsk disbanded atleast for the age, so normally it would not be one, what is left is likely randoms recieved before the members had all left, none look active. 5:12 (1), 9:12 (6), 8:13 (5), 8:14 (1), 7:19 (1), 9:19 (3) looks newly formed. 8:20 (7).

In total 57 provinces with a good number of them looking abandonned, or 45 if we do not count the 3 kingdoms I left a note on. Most other kingdoms below 22 will have chances to get new players unless they opt out using the wall.

Forced merges will have a chance to create a grand total of less than 3 full 25 player kingdoms, so I really do not think this is a reason to take away those peoples way of playing. Beside the one guy in 5:12 who by the way only grew because he started with more players and could get wars then, no one really played any role in relations to the outcome of this age.
    5:12 was a less than 5 man KD that had a bunch of questionable wars then razed a top KD.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    5:12 was a less than 5 man KD that had a bunch of questionable wars then razed a top KD.
    Probably abs again...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Allanon KT View Post

Now the so called top crying about how a small ghetto got the best of them. fill a frigin ocean with your tears. not to worry the devs will take care of you they will make sure you can farm as easy as farmville god for bid you actually get hit.

Thread Information