Thread: Question about Paladin's for Age 74

Question about Paladin's for Age 74

The changes are a bit ambiguous to me.

Of course, Paladin is losing the ability to cast fading self spells on other kd members. However, the Paladin is described as:

"The Paladin's divine spirit yields supreme power in supporting their Allies. With this power comes unique spells that are only available to the Paladin derived from the mastery of their skills. These spells provide immense benefits that a Paladin cannot fathom selfishly keeping to themselves. They must use their mana wisely to effectively cover their Allies with spells that will prove most beneficial."

I'm wondering if Paladin Only spells are inherently able to be cast on a kd members. For example, would a Dryad/PALA not be able to cast QF on an ally, but be able to cast PI? This might be obvious to others, and the official spells page might not be updated. Any insight would be helpful.
    Last edited by skorfos; 01-11-2017 at 19:55.

Post Demon
    I'm going to guess the description is just out of date. (Where is there even a description in the age changes? Basically anywhere except the proposed changes thread probably is intentionally referring to current state anyway.) I don't have this from anything other that experience in guessing what stuff means though. - just doesn't feel right that a major component like that wouldn't be mentioned anywhere.

Also... that description still fits fine. 'Tis why Paladins always go for the race change surgery to become Faeries!
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

This is what's bothering me too. I understand taking away their ability to cast MP on kd-mates since they got joined with cleric and are now viable on attackers, but not being able to cast these spells on kd-mates is such a loss for this personality. It would basically mean you need to pick fa paladins if you want to get to play the personality as it was designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vratz View Post
    This is what's bothering me too. I understand taking away their ability to cast MP on kd-mates since they got joined with cleric and are now viable on attackers, but not being able to cast these spells on kd-mates is such a loss for this personality. It would basically mean you need to pick fa paladins if you want to get to play the personality as it was designed.
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. These spells are superb, and losing the ability to be a support class for your team means a lot. I don't really want fae to be the only good pala (as support) choice, but Fae's lineup of fading spells isn't that great without pala. It would be nice if pala retained the ability to cast its spells on kd-mates, but not able to cast non-pala spells on them. Likewise, fae's being able to cast mystic aura (edit: mistaken, it can't) or GP is nice, but not a huge bonus.
    Last edited by skorfos; 02-11-2017 at 18:26.

Veteran
    Fae can't cast MA (edit: on others).

Needs to get out more
    True, but they can cast RM which sometimes feels like it's not working. When it does we all have a laugh.

This paladin problem rears its ugly head in The Virtual Kingdom. Because of my self imposed limits the sensible choice is faery. That said, as a defensive minded attacker I could see some nice builds with paladin. Like dwarf paladin; something not so susceptible to NM. Still, even with that the self spells are very nice and in a ritual environment downright stifling.

I also think we can be sensible about mana/rune expenditure. Instead of having an "on demand" environment there is some sense to having the faery paladin sponsor one attacker each. That is, the faery is responsible for being as hard to break as possible for themselves AND the health of a premier attacker. It's not something you write in stone since strategic opportunity trumps the rule.

Imagine an undead working with the plague immune paladin who picks up trash acres after the big attacks.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 04-11-2017 at 20:23.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information