Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 74 Final Changes Discussion

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    The automatic merger of kingdoms is still dumb.
    It's not automatic.
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrunner View Post
    Does +spell damage also apply to damage done by MS or only instant spells?

Also what will be the new age status of universities? Base and max? A change was supposed to be implemented this age and wasn't.
    Damage is only on instant spells.

The university change should have gone into effect in Age 73, it was coded a little late but should be present now. Regardless, it will be in Age 74 as it should have been all Age 73 with 50% max and 2.5% effect increase
    Please e-mail Utopia Support for any in-game related issues at UtopiaSupport@Utopia-Game.com

Account Deleted or Inactive? Click here!

Utopia Facebook Page <== Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!
    Follow us on Twitter @UtopiaClassic

Come join the MUGA Community on Discord: https://discord.gg/NZ4KywF

Maybe this was addressed in the Proposed Changes Suggestion thread, and I missed it, but can someone tell me the point of having DE's convert 8/0 off specs to 5/7 elites? With the higher wages, it's already been pointed out that it would be better to just run def specs. The elite conversion would maybe eliminate the need to train much defense during war, but you'd be losing tons of offense every hit between troop casualties and conversions.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    Damage is only on instant spells.

The university change should have gone into effect in Age 73, it was coded a little late but should be present now. Regardless, it will be in Age 74 as it should have been all Age 73 with 50% max and 2.5% effect increase
    Is this just a visual bug then? This is my current page right now.

Universities 484 19.9% Protect 65.89% of science from enemies (2.44%)

Quote Originally Posted by CyrustheVyrus View Post
    Maybe this was addressed in the Proposed Changes Suggestion thread, and I missed it, but can someone tell me the point of having DE's convert 8/0 off specs to 5/7 elites? With the higher wages, it's already been pointed out that it would be better to just run def specs. The elite conversion would maybe eliminate the need to train much defense during war, but you'd be losing tons of offense every hit between troop casualties and conversions.

We ran DE/WH this age. The amount of immense turtle power they can get is really strong. Its also super easy to retrain offense, especially if you get some soldier aid from orcs which we did. If our DEs were not focused first 2 waves they became close to unstoppable. With having an additional offense point we can now push 230 OPA roughly opening wave. Its a much different style of playing compared to other attackers but very rewarding this age so far.
    Last edited by oreko; 02-11-2017 at 16:01.

Quote Originally Posted by CyrustheVyrus View Post
    You wouldn't lose a tons of offense with each hit. Using undead rates from this age which seem to be from 6-12%, we'll average 9%. So you send off 3000 8/0 Ospec (24000), base is 210 died, 270 promoted. So now you have 2520 8/0 (20160), 270 5/7 (1370/1890). So you went from 24000 offense to 21530, ~10% less offense, but you gained defense, and those credits (about ~7%), that's another 210 Ospecs (1680) you can train for free. That puts you at 24,580 offense, which is higher than when attacked and you also gained defense.

If you run hospitals and/or UD, you'll have even less loses. Having a cheap 8/0 unit, that you get free credits for as well, that turns into a 5/7 to hold land, and can also used to attack, useful.

Postaholic
    Farms should be renamed to slaughterhouse for undead and the syntax for a starving undead should be adjusted to "after finding a shortage of brains at the slaughterhouse X troops/peasants were eaten alive!"

Muh immersion

Godspeed - -10% attack speed & +10% Battle Gains & 10% Less Military Casualties

Is the less military casualties for the kd with the Godspeed ritual on?

So attacking with Godspeed will result in 10% less offensive losses. and on defense, 10% less military casualties?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by oreko View Post
    We ran DE/WH this age. The amount of immense turtle power they can get is really strong. Its also super easy to retrain offense, especially if you get some soldier aid from orcs which we did. If our DEs were not focused first 2 waves they became close to unstoppable. With having an additional offense point we can now push 230 OPA roughly opening wave. Its a much different style of playing compared to other attackers but very rewarding this age so far.
    Itīs interesting but why would you convert your offense into defense for MS to kill it? This combo has no defense against magic and thievery.
    Last edited by Suur; 02-11-2017 at 18:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Suur View Post
    Itīs interesting but why would you convert your offense into defense for MS to kill it? This combo has no defense against magic and thievery.
    Never had much of an issue with MS or getting it off of me when i did get it. At a non bloat state in this age i sit around 12 mwpa and 8 mtpa. Its worked out quite well, and i suspect it to be stronger next age, and less worry about magic ops but more worry about NS, etc.

Post Fiend
    It sure seems like this is the most balanced races and provinces have been in awhile. Thanks for the balance. No thanks for the harder choices ;)

Good work team!

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by D3bacl3 View Post
    You wouldn't lose a tons of offense with each hit. Using undead rates from this age which seem to be from 6-12%, we'll average 9%. So you send off 3000 8/0 Ospec (24000), base is 210 died, 270 promoted. So now you have 2520 8/0 (20160), 270 5/7 (1370/1890). So you went from 24000 offense to 21530, ~10% less offense, but you gained defense, and those credits (about ~7%), that's another 210 Ospecs (1680) you can train for free. That puts you at 24,580 offense, which is higher than when attacked and you also gained defense.

If you run hospitals and/or UD, you'll have even less loses. Having a cheap 8/0 unit, that you get free credits for as well, that turns into a 5/7 to hold land, and can also used to attack, useful.
    its 20% if u send all just offspecs. only reason undead looks to be 9% is u always send leets too and convert percentage falls off fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    its 20% if u send all just offspecs. only reason undead looks to be 9% is u always send leets too and convert percentage falls off fast.
    It seems to be based off of raw numbers rather than mod from our testing this age. Sending pure O specs, 4 gens, and all horses nets about 10% converts depending on your OME. If we wanted converts OOW we would just send 1 gen with O specs and get closer to 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    Is it that way when applied to races, and the War Hero personality?

Post Demon
    I think Paladin looks a bit overpowered, you essentially get a weakened cleric but with an awesome spellbook I definally want to try that out on a very strong looking Dryad, also Faery/Warhero looks just great for support + potential to become UB attacker.

Thanks for making rituals need less casts, it is also great to see more diversity so not everyone will use the same ritual at all times.

Thread Information