Thread: Who is Ronins?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Exactly. And any KD that traded usually used proxies as well.
    Only noobs :(

But this is stupid discussion as piracy. Pretty sure most of you have downloaded something in your life illegally but none of you consider yourself a criminal. Or maybe just jaywalking.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Only noobs :(

But this is stupid discussion as piracy. Pretty sure most of you have downloaded something in your life illegally but none of you consider yourself a criminal. Or maybe just jaywalking.
    Seems to me that the admin at the time took it pretty seriously as trading was a massive advantage over 25 randoms. We lost an entire alliance due to trading punishment..

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Seems to me that the admin at the time took it pretty seriously as trading was a massive advantage over 25 randoms. We lost an entire alliance due to trading punishment..
    Yet he didn't delete the top...VAT was already over by then the monarch deletions were just another nail to the coffin.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The clear difference here is that when I pirate software or a song, or jaywalk, or eat a grape in the store, I know that what I'm doing is illegal and if someone would confront me about them, I'd acknowledge that what I'm doing isn't legal. I wouldn't jump into some lame defensive argument about how lots of people are doing that thing and don't get punished so really I'm not doing anything illegal.

Do I consider myself a "criminal" for those things? No, but I acknowledge the reality of the situation and if someone wants to press it then I'm happy to admit that I am technically a criminal (as most are). Same thing with people who traded. I get why they traded. It's not like anyone is saying they should be barred from the game or something. That being said, don't act like what you were doing wasn't against the rules and you didn't have a distinct advantage over people that were playing by the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    The clear difference here is that when I pirate software or a song, or jaywalk, or eat a grape in the store, I know that what I'm doing is illegal and if someone would confront me about them, I'd acknowledge that what I'm doing isn't legal. I wouldn't jump into some lame defensive argument about how lots of people are doing that thing and don't get punished so really I'm not doing anything illegal.

Do I consider myself a "criminal" for those things? No, but I acknowledge the reality of the situation and if someone wants to press it then I'm happy to admit that I am technically a criminal (as most are). Same thing with people who traded. I get why they traded. It's not like anyone is saying they should be barred from the game or something. That being said, don't act like what you were doing wasn't against the rules and you didn't have a distinct advantage over people that were playing by the rules.
    I always considered the "no trading" rule as bollocks, but there is no doubt that I cheated within the game rule set of the time and gained an advantage by ignoring it.

I never considered it as bad as multi'ing or x-logging(which I have also done).

Funnily enough, I do consider myself a criminal when I download illegally as well. ( I just don't care that I am).

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by makeo View Post
    I always considered the "no trading" rule as bollocks, but there is no doubt that I cheated within the game rule set of the time and gained an advantage by ignoring it.

I never considered it as bad as multi'ing or x-logging(which I have also done).

Funnily enough, I do consider myself a criminal when I download illegally as well. ( I just don't care that I am).
    You renegade!

Ren (Chinese: 仁) is the Confucian virtue denoting the good feeling a virtuous human experiences when being altruistic.

I endeavor to be a rengrenade: exploding with altruism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    You renegade!

Ren (Chinese: 仁) is the Confucian virtue denoting the good feeling a virtuous human experiences when being altruistic.

I endeavor to be a rengrenade: exploding with altruism.
    Hai Strat0.

In my defense it was age 40 and 41. (On both the uto offenses and the real life ones :P)

You don't consider yourself a criminal even though you obvious criminal things? Why do you get to pretend that you aren't a criminal but while doing criminal things while cheaters don't get to pretend they aren't cheaters while cheating? Though everyone doesn't deny that trading was technically cheating though since it was socially acceptable to trade everyone consider it a informal legal act.

Trust me far from everyone that traded had benefits from it. :)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You don't consider yourself a criminal even though you obvious criminal things? Why do you get to pretend that you aren't a criminal but while doing criminal things while cheaters don't get to pretend they aren't cheaters while cheating? Though everyone doesn't deny that trading was technically cheating though since it was socially acceptable to trade everyone consider it a informal legal act.

Trust me far from everyone that traded had benefits from it. :)
    Because a "criminal" to me is someone that presents a danger to society. Again, if someone wants to press me on how I technically do illegal things and that makes me a criminal, I'm happy to comply. Whereas you, in literally the same sentence, went from "technically cheating" to "informal legal act".

Because a "criminal" to me is someone that presents a danger to society. Again, if someone wants to press me on how I technically do illegal things and that makes me a criminal, I'm happy to comply. Whereas you, in literally the same sentence, went from "technically cheating" to "informal legal act".
    Lesser crime is still a crime so you are still a criminal. You justify that your criminal activities with "it doesn't hurt anyone" You are.doing the exact same thing you shun us who justify trading. Make up reasons to justify your criminality.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Lesser crime is still a crime so you are still a criminal. You justify that your criminal activities with "it doesn't hurt anyone" You are.doing the exact same thing you shun us who justify trading. Make up reasons to justify your criminality.
    Am I speaking Chinese or something? Yes, I am technically a criminal. I have literally no qualms in admitting that. I'm not justifying anything.

You asked me if I considered myself a criminal and I answered no based on what I consider a criminal to be. At no point did I ever try to spin the illegal activities I commit as not being crimes or otherwise "justifiable".

Good God man, reboot or something. Korpargument.exe is currently experiencing issues

Am I speaking Chinese or something? Yes, I am technically a criminal. I have literally no qualms in admitting that. I'm not justifying anything.

You asked me if I considered myself a criminal and I answered no based on what I consider a criminal to be. At no point did I ever try to spin the illegal activities I commit as not being crimes or otherwise "justifiable".

Good God man, reboot or something. Korpargument.exe is currently experiencing issues
    Do I consider myself a "criminal" for those things? No
    You were saying?

So, definitions are up to each person to decide on their own?

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    In your defense, hun, those are all petty offenses, not felonies. You're not a criminal yet! :D

Definitely did not pass the Bar rofl.

Best thread derail of the age? Any other nominations?

-DM <3
    Last edited by Zombies are people too; 03-11-2017 at 16:54.
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies are people too View Post
    In your defense, hun, those are all petty offenses, not felonies. You're not a criminal yet! :D

Definitely did not pass the Bar rofl.

Best thread derail of the age? Any other nominations?

-DM <3
    Oh hun, piracy is a felony.

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Oh hun, piracy is a felony.
    I'll bite, piracy is a misdemeanor, not a felony. You pay damages under SOPA, I've never heard of incarceration.

-DM <3
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Thread Information