Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is Ronins?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeLeague View Post
    Congrats.. seem like Asian kingdoms doing well. One got land/nw crown. Another get ww crown. Good job!

Heathen not playing with supernebu? Poopsie also?
    Your posts all getting me confused

Congrats to Bart too. If someone kind enough to screenshot to him. U not able to crown but u become the crown maker.not an easy feat also against those TOP kingdoms full of veteran players who always think they are a class above the rest
    Supernoob is playing together. Poopsie, somewhere else. There is a slot for you if you want next age.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    The only one who didn't consider trading cheating were the players. I do agree it might have even been a majority. However trading was clearly against the rules at the time. so cheating on top of cheating is just more cheating. you all cheated... to say.. more so on battlefields than wol but still made a difference. that a traded kd did not have an unfair advantage to a non traded kd is preposterous. In fact that gave the biggest advantage of doing well. true many traded kds and still sucked. but compared to a no traded kd it was the biggest unfair cheating advantage.
    Exactly. And any KD that traded usually used proxies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Exactly. And any KD that traded usually used proxies as well.
    Only noobs :(

But this is stupid discussion as piracy. Pretty sure most of you have downloaded something in your life illegally but none of you consider yourself a criminal. Or maybe just jaywalking.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Only noobs :(

But this is stupid discussion as piracy. Pretty sure most of you have downloaded something in your life illegally but none of you consider yourself a criminal. Or maybe just jaywalking.
    Seems to me that the admin at the time took it pretty seriously as trading was a massive advantage over 25 randoms. We lost an entire alliance due to trading punishment..

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Seems to me that the admin at the time took it pretty seriously as trading was a massive advantage over 25 randoms. We lost an entire alliance due to trading punishment..
    Yet he didn't delete the top...VAT was already over by then the monarch deletions were just another nail to the coffin.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The clear difference here is that when I pirate software or a song, or jaywalk, or eat a grape in the store, I know that what I'm doing is illegal and if someone would confront me about them, I'd acknowledge that what I'm doing isn't legal. I wouldn't jump into some lame defensive argument about how lots of people are doing that thing and don't get punished so really I'm not doing anything illegal.

Do I consider myself a "criminal" for those things? No, but I acknowledge the reality of the situation and if someone wants to press it then I'm happy to admit that I am technically a criminal (as most are). Same thing with people who traded. I get why they traded. It's not like anyone is saying they should be barred from the game or something. That being said, don't act like what you were doing wasn't against the rules and you didn't have a distinct advantage over people that were playing by the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsie View Post
    Ronins got balls to grab anyone and to war anyone. And thats not cheating!!! Good Job guys!! Poopsie's proud of you!!!
    If ronins had balls to war anyone then why did they db sleepy? If they would have won against sleepy without db then less people would have questioned the fact that they won the age.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Strk9 View Post
    If ronins had balls to war anyone then why did they db sleepy? If they would have won against sleepy without db then less people would have questioned the fact that they won the age.
    Probably because sleepy lied to them about their pool to gain an advantage on Ronins while they were focused elsewhere.
    'We bow down before no man.' - Ancient Spartans
    ~Fury of Sparta~

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    The clear difference here is that when I pirate software or a song, or jaywalk, or eat a grape in the store, I know that what I'm doing is illegal and if someone would confront me about them, I'd acknowledge that what I'm doing isn't legal. I wouldn't jump into some lame defensive argument about how lots of people are doing that thing and don't get punished so really I'm not doing anything illegal.

Do I consider myself a "criminal" for those things? No, but I acknowledge the reality of the situation and if someone wants to press it then I'm happy to admit that I am technically a criminal (as most are). Same thing with people who traded. I get why they traded. It's not like anyone is saying they should be barred from the game or something. That being said, don't act like what you were doing wasn't against the rules and you didn't have a distinct advantage over people that were playing by the rules.
    I always considered the "no trading" rule as bollocks, but there is no doubt that I cheated within the game rule set of the time and gained an advantage by ignoring it.

I never considered it as bad as multi'ing or x-logging(which I have also done).

Funnily enough, I do consider myself a criminal when I download illegally as well. ( I just don't care that I am).

Quote Originally Posted by Xist View Post
    Probably because sleepy lied to them about their pool to gain an advantage on Ronins while they were focused elsewhere.
    Whatever pool sleepy had wouldnt have made any diffrence. Sleepy already noticed, was it 72h? Then sparta plunders just before ronin db. Seems like ronins was afraid to war sleepy. Otherwise why ask friends to plunder away gc stocks and db?

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post

You don't consider yourself a criminal even though you obvious criminal things? Why do you get to pretend that you aren't a criminal but while doing criminal things while cheaters don't get to pretend they aren't cheaters while cheating? Though everyone doesn't deny that trading was technically cheating though since it was socially acceptable to trade everyone consider it a informal legal act.

Trust me far from everyone that traded had benefits from it. :)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strk9 View Post
    Whatever pool sleepy had wouldnt have made any diffrence. Sleepy already noticed, was it 72h? Then sparta plunders just before ronin db. Seems like ronins was afraid to war sleepy. Otherwise why ask friends to plunder away gc stocks and db?
    The people here will disagree on your last sentence.

Regular
    You don't 'notice' the #1 kingdom when they are in full war build looking to secure the crown.

I really am looking forward to next age, this is an interesting plotline. New kingdoms in on the action. :)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You don't consider yourself a criminal even though you obvious criminal things? Why do you get to pretend that you aren't a criminal but while doing criminal things while cheaters don't get to pretend they aren't cheaters while cheating? Though everyone doesn't deny that trading was technically cheating though since it was socially acceptable to trade everyone consider it a informal legal act.

Trust me far from everyone that traded had benefits from it. :)
    Because a "criminal" to me is someone that presents a danger to society. Again, if someone wants to press me on how I technically do illegal things and that makes me a criminal, I'm happy to comply. Whereas you, in literally the same sentence, went from "technically cheating" to "informal legal act".

Quote Originally Posted by Chrim View Post
    I really am looking forward to next age, this is an interesting plotline. New kingdoms in on the action. :)
    This is by the owners' thoughtful design! That's why they named it the age of Tricksters and Mischief. Everything is going according to plan.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Thread Information