Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age 74 Power Rankings

Age 74 Power Rankings

You can find some background and progression of this ranking here; http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...Power-Rankings ... there should also be a link to Age 72 ranks in that thread.

Couple initial thoughts;
    -I left this Age's UD in as a point of reference
    -I changed the mDPA req's for TMs, to just match Orc mOPA, rather than be 80% of Dryad... Its a bit lower of a figure, but only Faery can come close to matching Dryad, the others start getting stupid low on peasants/BE
    -TM mTPA/WPAs could probably use to be higher as well, but I think it still shows the difference between the Races, Elf and Bocan are going to do dmg and take the #1 spots, but Faery will have the MP or BE to stay safe and they lock up 2nd place in both categories

The TMs

Attackers NW+MP

Attackers Totals
    Last edited by RattleHead; 02-11-2017 at 19:58. Reason: updated attacker totals, had missed DE wages

Veteran
    Hey, thanks - I've been looking forward to this!

Is this with spells or without (guessing without - any chance of a 'with spells' version if you have that sheet from last age please?)

Also in the 3rd chart it says "human science at soft caps". Is the word "human" meant to be there and if so what is that indicating, given the first hart doesn't have the word human there?
    Last edited by Chris121; 02-11-2017 at 17:53. Reason: typos

Without spells, and for the Attacker's table; the Humans are at soft caps, and the rest are at mildly lower science levels(to represent humans generation boost). For the TM table; they are all at the soft caps, no Humans to refer to :D

I can probably crank out a spells version some point later on tonight!
    Last edited by RattleHead; 02-11-2017 at 18:17.

Veteran
    Ok, got it, makes sense. BTW, I only just saw your final post in your thread on this from last age - that's a fair point I think, someone is losing from all the abducts, I hadn't thought of them!

Thanks

Ok, here is one with Racial spells up... GP, IA, BL, Invis, MF, Fanat, TW, QF

Also noticed that I had mixed up the DE wages previously, so I updated the totals chart above, DE and Bocan switched spots.

Attacker NW+MP with Spells

Attacker Totals with Spells
    Last edited by RattleHead; 02-11-2017 at 20:23.

So, I removed UD and it changes the landscape a decent amount, by changing the sustain categories values across the board. I think I will look into tying an attack time modifier to the casualties portion of the Sustain section. Avian seems a bit over represented without it...

Attacker Totals - without Undead

I also thought of how strong Orc looks in the Econ section, almost solely by virtue of the Draft bonus I've given them... But check out what happens when I remove the Draft bonus;

Attacker Totals - without Orc Draft

... nothing much!

OK, so the way the Sustain category works is it takes your Kills (Orc 1.2, Dryad 0.85), and divides it by your Casualties (Orc 1.1, everyone else 1) and that becomes your rating basically, how much can you kill before your guys die.

What I've added is that Casualties are divided by half your Attack time modifier (Avian 0.7, Dryad 1.2... so Avian is divided by 0.85, and Dryad by 1.1)... Reason for this being that all your losses are not on Attack... I'm not sure if half is right, but going the whole way exploded Avian pretty bad.

Here is the sustain section expanded;

... and the effects on Final Totals

Veteran
    Thanks!

Strategy Moderator
    Nice post. A legend to explain the abbreviations might be helpful.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    +1...i'm not sure what Agrgrt means for example.

With that said, thanks for posting :D

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    +1...i'm not sure what Agrgrt means for example.
    Aggreggate

@Rattlehead - Although this makes complete sense to me as I understand the methodology from the last age thread, it might help to have a standard explanation (+legend) that you can copy and paste into each new thread each age so save people needing to look back to understand what's going on. For example it is hard to truly understand these charts without knowing how each category is calculated.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post
    I also thought of how strong Orc looks in the Econ section, almost solely by virtue of the Draft bonus I've given them... But check out what happens when I remove the Draft bonus;

... nothing much!
    More would have happened if you had also ignored the building discount from dwarf, the scale would then have changed too.

The issue I see with the econ section is that income (which is used to pay everything else) counts just as much as the other categories. I would count income bonuses a lot higher than cost cuts on wages, draft, buildings. Weigh it in 3 times as high maybe? Right now orcs and dwarves are favored while everyone knows humans are very economic (even though they lose wages discount, they gain extra credits + IA which is 25% wage discount) and should at least be close to those two in this category, if not above.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaSeaFoam View Post
    OK so each column in the 'totals' chart has a full expanded section within my sheet.

NWPA is just rating the province NWPAs, the lowest one being 100%

MP/NW is all your practical modified Offence, and defence divided over your NW, with the highest being 100%

Sustain I believe is explained above.

GL (gains/losses) factors attack time, attack gains, attack losses (from when orc gave up extra 10%)... So you end up with high attack time Avians at the top of this list, along with Orcs +20% gains, and Dryad at the bottom with its slower attack times.

Econ factors a lot of things; relative BE, Income, BR, Wages (with specs:elite ratio), draft costs, build costs, and an 'acre save' stat for things like Elf rune production, or Dryad bushels...

Each column is rated against the 'best' in that column, and then the Aggregate (one too many Rs in my column header :P) column sums all the previous columns, and the greatest number results in 100% Agg rating, and the other Races' sums are divided into that to get their %rating.

I agree the Econ section is tricky, I have tried to avoid weighting things just to make it look the way I feel the game is, though. Realistically the Human income perk is only as good as the amount of peasants you have... If i did 3x weight on that, I would also have to do 3x weight on Faery's income penalty, and its already in the Econ basement as it is... (other than +20% wages DE). I think Human representation is fair, its bonus is not as good as Free Draft, or Free Builds(which work for you all the time), but still superior to what most everyone else has. Human is suffering on NWPA it seems, the military offence stacks up with Orc which is pretty good for having 4 def on your Elite as well.

IA is included on the second post 'with spells', you can see it helps separate Human and Avian in the Econ section.

The link at the top of the thread could be useful too, in seeing how things were developed.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 03-11-2017 at 15:00.

SO!

Here is what the full econ section looks like, I have removed Dwarf and Orc specials from this one for Sulimo to see...

Econ section - No Free Build, No Orc Draft

Attacker Totals - No Free Build, No Orc Draft

Veteran
    thanks. I hadn't noticed before avian was getting a 1.3 on birthrate in economy. I understand the rationale in the sense that they have higher peasants growth rate if not at max pop, but I think it's hard to say avian has a better economy than human. The avian bonus allows them to reach max pop faster, but beyond the first few days, it's not like everyone else would spend the age under max pop so that +30% BR bonus only actually matters for x number of hours in every 24 hours whilst peasants are growing.

ps. so I don't forget, next time you do one with spells, please could we get ToG included too? That would fix the fae economy issue too ;)

Thread Information