Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Age 74 Power Rankings

OOW your thoughts on BR ring true, but in a War scenario any Attacker who hasn't been chained usually has plenty of population space. KDs are usually forced to invest a lot of FBs into Avians (usually someone with more offence to chain instead) because of this perk. In a War scenario I would rather have +BR than +Income, as a hitter... After the War, Income is nice, but then you are pumped again soon enough, and the BR has lost its use but Income doesn't mean a lot either. The reason that Avian passes Human is actually the Human runes penalty, the income and BR evens out on my calc, Human has a bit more BE (science) but they have an acre penalty, effectively. Whereas Avian does not...

While this is not included in the table, Avian has a cheaper Elite too.
    Last edited by RattleHead; 03-11-2017 at 17:19. Reason: italics section added

Veteran
    Yeah, that is a fair point for war. I guess I was thinking more outside war as in war I wouldn't plan on having many peasants in which case the +BR and +income are both of limited use ;p

I agree re elites but that's not in the table - could add it (if doing so, I'd suggest a calculation based on the training cost which takes into account the elites/spec make up of the race plus the costs of those units) :)

Are human's +15% credits included? Presumably +15% building credits is an economy advantage; +15% troop credits could go in economy or sustain - I'd favour sustain I think although maybe it doesn't matter.

Nope the credits bonus also not included... not sure how I would go about that one, maybe stick it on as part of the Gains section, even. Some things I just have to let go by though, like converts on DE, build time on Dwarf isn't factored, and now Dryad training time, too... The credit bonus is probably more valuable than it has been in awhile, too, with the lack of Stance modifiers, and the Ritual modifiers being a bit less.

As for Elite cost, I think what I could do is rate them as the inverse of their percentage of the cheapest Elite's cost. This would place the cheapest Elite at 100% and the rest falling away from there. I will look into that and see how it turns out...

Veteran
    I think it needs to factor in how many elites they actually need though to hit the assumptions you have in the table.

Ah, this is true, luckily I already have a mechanism for that with the Wages... heading home soon, I'll take a peak then.

Ok so I included the Elite cost, the 'E+S' column is the sum of [E cost * 'Elites' column] + [350 * 'Specs' column],

and the 'Train' thread is what gets into the final Econ calc. It is the inverse percent of the cheapest setup, as I described above.

It results in a wider range across the Econ totals, which I think I like. With Orc Draft and Dwarf Building cost back in, they slide up to the top, but Elite costs moves Bocan ahead of Avian and Human... Dark Elf moves up by virtue of cheap elites, and a heavy Ospec army, while Dryad drops to the bottom of the Econ pack...

Econ Section - With Elite cost factor, and Dwarf/Orc specials

The overall effect seems to be to push Avian and Human further down the Aggregate chart, though...

Attacker Totals - w/ Elite cost, and Dorf/Orc Specials

Humans aren't really standouts anywhere, except their NW which is a bit of a drag on them, opposite to how Bocan greatly benefits from being light on NW. They could potentially struggle vs similarly sized TMs... While Avian is obviously held back by its limited Military Power, and its propensity to 'burn out', but bolstered by their Attack time to stay in the mix.

As has been said before in these threads, the Agg is certainly not a perfect rating system to determine who is best Race overall, you have to look at the categories your selected Race excels in and use that to form a strategy, or if you have one in mind, you can examine the categories that most effect your selected niches to look for a Race to match.

One thing I just picked up on that I really like, if you compare Avian MP to Dryad, and then Dryad Gains to Avian... it looks like with equal activity it could be an interesting fight, to me!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RattleHead View Post

One thing I just picked up on that I really like, if you compare Avian MP to Dryad, and then Dryad Gains to Avian... it looks like with equal activity it could be an interesting fight, to me!
    Not with equal activity but with maximising their potential attack times ;p They both only have to login when their army is back, so for avians that's a lot more activity!

Also I think this is without QF so dryad is not that far behind if you have some guilds/runes.
    Last edited by Chris121; 04-11-2017 at 00:17. Reason: typo

Ah yes good points haha, yes without spells too.

Thread Information