Thread: Can someone explain this to me in different terms?

Post Fiend

Can someone explain this to me in different terms?

"Meter Throttling - Adjusted to reduce operation damage against Kingdoms that have gains throttled on you. Also there will be a reduction to throttling that occurs within declare range."

I'm guessing this is referring to the relations meter, but I don't quite get what they mean by 'throttling". I know the meter is escalated with attacks and decays with time or CF, so how exactly is it "throttled" and how is the "throttling" reduced in declare range? Are they talking about the meter itself or are they changing the other mechanics that happen as the meter raises?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Mechanic questions go in Strategy. I'll move it after I answer.

Gains are throttled by meter differential. So if the hits between two kingdoms are one sided (i.e. one side just unrelentingly hitting the other), they will face reduced gains based on how the meter is tipped.

I think this was implemented 2 ages ago

Enthusiast
    Gains Throttling will be significantly more effective*- Once the meter variance between Kingdoms is 50 points, each point over 50 will reduce gains by 1% up to a maximum of 75% at a variance of 125 meter points. Max meter will remain at 150

This is from last age. If a KD was beating on you then they would have their gains reduced but you could still op them to dust. Now you can't just sit there and op at full power while they don't gain ****. If they are in declare range then it won't be reduced as much.

Post Fiend
    I don't like this because if someone just keeps beating you down, you should be able to op them to dust. Go Pick on someone your own size.

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    That's what the change dictates, the gains decrease is still there when the attacking KD is bigger than you; but if they're relative to your size, you can't just shell them out until youve knocked offense down and trained over 24 ticks to create 7 UBs before you declare. It's a step forward in making more wars really, a larger KD picking on you will lose out after the initial waves, if you can muster a good retal Op plan, again helping to deter bottomfeeding. Same time it doesn't let you sit back a control a +/- swing with ops while you pump and declare when you feel ready.

-DM <3
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Post Demon
    does it trottle results from massacre and raze too?

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Should, seeing how they move the meter, and both are still tied to the gains formula.

-DM <3
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

yup, gains is gains as far as i know! whether its acres, scientists, plunder loot, or massacre victims

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    does it trottle results from massacre and raze too?
    This age it did not throttle massacre as it's not a "gain." Can't confirm raze but it also isn't a gain so I doubt it.

Thread Information