Thread: Need advice on Elf/Rogue Build

Question Need advice on Elf/Rogue Build

I am planning to go with Elf/Rogue for next age. Can someone suggest a suitable build?

Below is what I was thinking-

Forts:10%
    Farms:10%
    TD:25%
    TG:15%
    Banks:15%
    Towers:10%
    Guild:15%

Strategy Moderator
    it looks like your going A/T. But on a mage race. its really really hard to run a/t/m and be successful. The better way to do it is typically just a t/m that 'can' attack. To that end you probubly dont need the TG, and banks aren't really a war build as u only need enough gc to pay wages untill u start gaining land (and can phase in banks using incoming). Thus i'd personally probubly go 20% TD and drop both the banks and tg. You now have 35% land to play with. i suspect u'd need more like 20-25% forts if u wanna come close to unbrekable, and then dump the remaining land into homes. The extra pop space homes provides both some econ, a boost to be, and the pop space you need to run all your military. With all that said i'd be curious as to 15% guilds, your not running the 20% needed for max durations, of spells and you dont need more than 10% to cast things like fb, et.... So my build would probubly look more like

Forts 20-25
    Guilds 10 OR 20
    TD 20
    Farms 10
    Towers 10
    Homes 15-30

However, with all that said, if u are able to be relatively safe, and want to be attacking/casting/oping...your build isnt bad, i'd just want hospitals myself.
    Last edited by Persain; 04-11-2017 at 06:58.

Veteran
    I see decent value in Elf/Rogue T/m/a, but you likely need to start war as defensive as possible, adding in small hits here and there as war progresses and enemy offense drops (so your defense keeps you safer). You don't have to UB to be attacking - just try to be in single-tap range only.

You will likely be using your mana almost exclusively on FB and ET enemy bocans. There really is good value in that. If you can control enemy rogues with ET and FB to drop their BE, while nailing their mages with AW yourself, that's a strong swing in effectiveness towards your KDs war effort. Your mwpa bonuses also make it difficult to ET you, so that's where your advantage lies over Bocan, for example. Your thievery will be used for normal rogue stuff; probably starting with AW, doing some prop later on to replenish your thieves and def, joining in the NS as your tpa drops and you are forced to do easier ops. There's options.

I'd try to go something like 50/50 dspecs/elites. Your def will be slightly lower than optimal at the start of war, but it gives you a lot more offensive output later in war, and you'll be a beast in a long war.

I'd try to get wpa up to around 4rwpa, and about 6rtpa.

In war, I'd probably run something like this:

20% homes
    5% farms
    20% forts
    20% thieves dens
    10% guilds
    20% towers

+5% extra for whatever you want.

OOW, it depends on the situation obviously. Pumping wpa will be slow, so you should go as high as you can on guilds, even up to 90% for short bursts. BE doesn't affect wizard production from guilds, so you don't have to worry about that. If you're pumping troops, go high homes (50% is great) and arms/banks. Keep 10% TDs whenever possible OOW, as most of your gc accumulation should come from stealing (you're a rogue, so use it) and if you can also be using your elites to abduct, well that would be just super.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Enthusiast
    Y'all better hope people are.just randomly leaving horses home if you don't plan to run a few stables. A horse for every troop is like a 33% offense bump, much better than those tg...

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananamancer2000 View Post
    Y'all better hope people are.just randomly leaving horses home if you don't plan to run a few stables. A horse for every troop is like a 33% offense bump, much better than those tg...
    or you camp them and take their horses as soon as their army returns, take their offense and turn it into yours.. But yeah, typically better to just run stables. :P

Thank you all.. these are really helpful.

Veteran
    Stables have value on this setup if you're attacking heavily, but if your goal is to be more defensive then you can likely find better uses for your acres, I'd have thought. Stealing war horses for an offensive bump is easy enough, although I do appreciate arguments about a) have to catch armies home, and b) not sure a rogue loves using stealth on steal WHs...

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Quote Originally Posted by s0830887 View Post
    b) not sure a rogue loves using stealth on steal WHs...
    They do if that will make them UB ^_^.

Veteran
    I'd definitely agree that stealing horses is more effective than keeping stables as a rogue. And the situation you identify is a great example of that in particular. Having stables on a rogue seems redundant in most situations to me, although there are some uncommon occasions where you might use some I guess.

My Raging Clue

Veteran
    Ps I really like elf rogue this age. No NM hurts my heart, but I think it's a pretty good combo that can do it's job well. I think if I was running a KD this age I'd go with a TM core of maybe 8 elf rogues, having them ET FB and AW/prop/SW, and as war drags switch them over to good attacker (assuming they enter war about 50/50 dspecs/leets). Your def would be lower than ideal entering war, but whichever of them survive through the first 36 hrs is likely UB with a ton of elites ready to send out and good thievery and magic defense.

My Raging Clue

Enthusiast
    My build:
    10 Homes
    5 Farms
    5 Banks
    10 Forts
    20 Guilds
    10 Towers
    20 TD
    2 Stables

18% left to fill in needs, or wants [Farms, Homes, Towers, Rax, TG, Hospitals, etc]
    A outerworld vagabond Elf traveling this world.
    From the world of Thardferr, herald of the Eldar Elven Kingdoms
    Elven Roles sense Age 63: Sage, Mystic, Rogue, Tactician, Cleric, Merchant, Heretic, War Hero, Warrior, Paladin, Undead, Artisan, Raider

Thread Information