Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dryad War Hero Build - suggestions and criticism welcome.

Dryad War Hero Build - suggestions and criticism welcome.

Dryad War Hero

17% Homes
    05% Farms (all land produces food.)
    20% Banks
    10% Barracks
    20% Training Grounds
    10% Guilds
    05% Towers
    08% Stables
    05% Dungeons

I know that all land produces food for Dryads, so are this many farms even needed? I'm also considering switching the % for Barracks and Training Grounds to shore up the Dryad's slow travel time.

Post Fiend
    Are you planing on building off specs and converting them into elites at first?

If so, I would say swap the TG and barracks numbers around, you won't need that much offense this early on. More attacks = more elites.

Also - I've been wondering about the food production. I could do the math, but I'm not playing Dryad this age, so I don't care enough to do it. If you can drop all your farms and still produce enough, post that up here.

If you can, move those farms over to stables and guilds. 10% guilds will have a decent success rate, but I've found 12% works out much better, especially if you are growing, it keeps you over 10% as your land comes in, typically.
    Last edited by LuckySports; 05-11-2017 at 05:08.

Regular
    Reset?

Regular
    suggestion : play Dryad Tact if you want Dryad

Needs to get out more
    Your power will be strongest out of war. A kingdom enforcer, you can strike without the enemy ambushing.

In war you're not as bad off as some guys think. Everybody laughs at your speed and figures they can take you whenever they like. Luckily narcistists are prone to underestimate things and we have many in Utopia. Most of what works depends on how you and your monarch regard position: nw/land position vs enemy proximity.

If you chain as a kingdom strategy and you have enemies in your nw/land equivalence, then that's typical. I find it unnecessarily bloody and tactically unsound, but I digress. So any freedom you have, be it casting or sabotage you stick it to the guy next to you. If you're ordered to use your assets vs designated targets just do it.

Dryad is a different kind of attacker. It's designed more for spacing than shoehorned into a core.

Avian is the consummate hunter-killer. It's incredibly efficient in destroying other attacker types. Every other attacker type is a hybrid of sorts, or can be. Orcs are very typical but I'm not sure they're always looked upon for what they are. They compliment avians in how they control the nw/acre frontiers. Essentially grabbing an enemy the avians can't, dragging it into avian range who crush most of the defenses. Then the orc pushes the crippled enemy from the fray.

Dryad is the guy who pulls the enemy t/m into orc range. If you do the math, the lower kills of dryad make a beautiful overpopulation target for orcs. The key here is that the offensive staging allows each to grab alternative acres to stay afloat. By the other attackers destroying the predators of the dryad, we can see these are kingdom strats and not just poor slow dryads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    My immediate feeling is that WH is a poor match with Dryad. It has some uses, but you will almost certainly find pairing tactician is much more effective than WH.
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Post Demon
    If you simply allocate 20 or more starting scientists to production you can make do with no farms at all and feritile lands, you don't need fl at all times when you have reached arround +75%, you still need to watch out for plague thougth.

My personal preference is GS over TG's, but that has more to do with the environment that I play in and because I know that will lead to me being hit plenty in the beginning of the age, I also went without homes to get more space for hospitals and guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Madchess View Post
    If you simply allocate 20 or more starting scientists to production you can make do with no farms at all and feritile lands, you don't need fl at all times when you have reached arround +75%, you still need to watch out for plague thougth.
    What does plague have to do with food production?!

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    What does plague have to do with food production?!
    Everyone knows plague victims loose their appetite! You have to watch for plague, or u risk over-building farms!!

On a side note, we sure that dryad food production is effected by prod sci?
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Enthusiast
    If I was going to random into a ghetto as a attacker. Dryad warhero is a perfect match for it. You just need to insure you have stables and homes running lots of offense and bang away. Also don't forget pfs is extremely important when stacking emerald and onslaught. It's a good combo. I would run 30% barracks and 20% hospitals. ;)

Post Demon
    I thougth plague reduced production.

Anyway can confirm the combo is especially strong if you are not in a kingdom where the risk of getting chained is high, you don't even need high draft or homes, two ages ago I went with that combination, I never had homes and mostly drafted to 60% but sometimes 65%. Ended up 2nd for dryad 2 ages ago with over 6k acres despite facing a 1 vs 3 situation the entire last week of the age.

Can also confirm production increases the food production of land for Dryad, approximately at +35% production I razed all farms but used fl 24/7, at +75% production I could drop the fl casts, ended with arround a million bushels in stock, I had quite a lot when I dropped farms, so those are my estimates based on ignoring decays.

I thougth plague reduced production.
    Only income.

Isn't the food bonus too strong for a race with the strongest elite?

Post Demon
    probably, but it has been so for 2 full ages before

0 farms = -676 bushels with 300 from decay

25 scientists 2 hours to Novice

probably, but it has been so for 2 full ages before

0 farms = -676 bushels with 300 from decay

25 scientists 2 hours to Novice
    But you arent full pop :). Anyway with the starting 30k bonus you shouldn't have food problems.

Enthusiast Zombies are people too's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    Only income.

Isn't the food bonus too strong for a race with the strongest elite?
    Wasn't an issue when undead were 15/1 and needed 0 food, hardly an issue with 12/2 needing 2% farms

-DM <3
    Co-host of the daily talk thread "Meme-Dumpster-Fire"
    The House of Eargasms has moved to Discord! Come Join the MUTINY!!!

#MUTINY-FM
    https://discord.gg/Y76paHZ

H.O.E
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...se-of-Eargasms

Thread Information