Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guilds. how do BE and mystic affect them?

Guilds. how do BE and mystic affect them?

I think you achieve max spell duration at 20% guilds.

So here are my questions:
    1. If you're a mystic, this means 10% guilds will achieve max spell duration?
    2. Does BE affect this? eg. at 80% BE I would need 25% guilds to get the max spell duration? Likewise, at 120% BE I could use only 16.7% guilds for max spell duration?
    3. Does BE affect wizzie production? (I know mystic does). According to the wiki: "Building Efficiency affects all Flat Rate and Percentage-Based buildings." and guilds are a flat-rate building.

Veteran
    1. Yes
    2. I am not sure - I have seen a range of different answers to this and haven't tested myself (hard to test?). The closest thing to a consensus I saw seemed to be saying yes.
    3. No (I think). I think for the purposes of wizz production they are treated as a capacity building.

Hopefully someone else will also comment.

1. Yes. Mystic double guilds bonus affects both production and duration.
    2/3 - BE doesn't affect guilds(both duration and production) for several ages already. They are like labs.

Veteran
    Er, I'm BE does still affect duration I thought?

You should easily be able to check that on your growth page - I don't have a prov

But BE def doesn't affect wiz production
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

We've found that the Utopia growth page doesn't always reflect reality. For example if you look at rune production on the growth page and state page, they're different numbers. Growth page I think is showing raw rune production only (unaffected by BE or sci)

Veteran
    Yep, growth page shows production w/o science. Took me a while to realise as well...
    Josh; leader of a lovable band of misfits, Pinoys, and probable virgins.

My Raging Clue

*If a Utopian falls in the woods, and no-one is around to see him...was he still bottom-feeding?

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorak View Post
    We've found that the Utopia growth page doesn't always reflect reality. For example if you look at rune production on the growth page and state page, they're different numbers. Growth page I think is showing raw rune production only (unaffected by BE or sci)
    Growth page shows production affected by BE or race mods(elf towers bonus for example). Excludes sci.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by s0830887 View Post
    Er, I'm BE does still affect duration I thought?

You should easily be able to check that on your growth page - I don't have a prov
    I haven't got a prov either. From memory I'm not sure that the growth page says anything about duration of spells, does it? If it does, then can someone post it and their BE and we would have confirmation to the answer of the question.

Age 68: Guilds: Unaffected by BE for the purposes of calculating spell duration.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    Thank you!

Thanks.

The first time I read this I somehow completely glossed over the "for calculating spell duration"

So we still don't know 100% if BE affects wizzie production? other than from our own observations.

Furthermore.

20% is the max for duration, but is it also the max for success rate?
    Do we know the formula for success rate?

Post Fiend
    Success rate is determined by your WPA vs target WPA.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoheadbutt View Post
    Success rate is determined by your WPA vs target WPA.
    I am assuming he was talking about self spells

You need a minimum of 10% guilds to achieve proper success rate on self spells. Anything less than that and don't expect to cast a single one without at least 2-3 fails.

Thread Information